New acquisitions for February 2008

Well, I've been thinking of getting one of the SW1911SC's for a carry gun. Decided to wait and see if the rumors of the Defender-sized SW1911 were going to come true first.

My new acquisition will have to wait until it's in my hot lil hands. It's a beaut, tho'...

[wink]

I just want a standard solid Spring retention plugs, not the plug with the hole for the full-lenth rod to travel through.

Yeah 1911s are addictive as hell, I'm gonna need to get a bunch more before I'm through.

Glad you didn't grab it, Jay, that would have broken my heart!

What did you pick up?

Arrrrr

Kingson wins with his MG34 and Coffin photo :)
I don't that can be out done even with a couple weeks left in Feb.

Sig P229 .40 S&W

My dealer had this on his wall, cost me $596 OTD. Night sights, 4 - 10-round mags, and Hogue grips along with the original Sig grips.

IMG_0359.jpg

Fp,

Nice score there, I've been thinking about adding a 229 to the collection.

Bill, thanks. It's the third P229 I've owned and the second in my current battery. The 229 just seems to fit my hand very well and those Hogue grips are better than I could have imagined. I highly recommend that you try one, you won't be disappointed.

Here are a couple of purchases I made this past weekend. First one is a pre-ban Colt AR lower. The second one doesn't need an introduction.

ar.jpg

ppk.jpg

Last edited:
This last weekend I took my new S&W 340PD to the range for the first time. I had heard about these little monsters, but I have never feared recoil. I love big bore revolvers that go BANG! I hate the 340PD. It hurts to shoot it. I found rapid follow up shots all but impossible. I do not care how easy it is to carry, it is not for me. I like a steel frame gun. I immediately went back to my old battered S&W model 36.

So in the state of mind described above I happened to visit my local Collector's yesterday and made a find. It is a Colt Lawman Mk III .357 mag. made in 1971. There is slight holster wear on the barrel, but overall it is quite nice and very tight. Now THAT is a snubby!

Lawman004.jpg

MUST... CONTROL... RAGING... JEALOUSY...

SWEET Colt, Goose. Just damn!

Wish you'd mentioned you were thinking about a 340. I've got a 360 you could have shot beforehand to try it out. It's NOT for the faint-of-wrist, that's for certain.

Did you trade it or keep it? If you still have it, I've found that the Federal +P+ .38 Specials are pretty controllable and don't sacrifice a terribly large amount of stopping power. Just FYI...

I got a couple of goodies today. Picked up this Henry lever action .22LR at lunch today:
Henry22_001.jpg

Henry22_002.jpg

Came back from lunch to find this waiting for me up front:
Hardigg Storm Case:
StormCase_001.jpg

StormCase_004.jpg

My Turn:

I just got my new Brazos limited gun yesterday. This is the 3rd gun I have from him and have one other being built now. I love his work. Anyways, it's a short dust cover 2011 double stack with all the goodies. Has the lightened slide, fiber optic front sight, BoMar rears, Brazos magwell, stippled grips, hard chrome finish etc etc. The gun is so tight and shoots great. It's been a while since shooting a limited gun and I'm quite rusty. I'll get this puppy so use though.
Check out his website www.brazoscustom.com

Pete

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Well it hasn't been transferd to me yet but I got this in a trade yesterday. Glock 22 work from Magna Port. Not much of a Glock guy, in fact this is my first one. I'll probably sell it.

Last edited:
Just picked this up from Carl today. S&W 340 M&P .357

M&P.jpg

I didn't have a time to shoot it much after the traffic on 495, 3, 128 and 2 turned a 1 hour ride into a 3 hour marathon, but I brought it down to No. Leominster briefly. With .38 +p it's a pussycat. With Speer Gold Dot defense ammo it's starting to wake up. And with some of my hand loads -- 158 grain JPS over 10.3 grains of Blue Dot (max load is 10.5), it was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

Can't wait to get to the range for a real session tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom