• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for February 2009!

Got a mint 1955/56 Russian SKS today. No stamp on the receiver cover and the small star on the side of the receiver. This is one of the last Russian SKS rifles produced and definitely a rare keeper. No arsenal refurb on this beauty since it was pretty much built and put away.

100_1015.jpg

Now to clean it and find a nice late production sling.[grin]

OMG i think i just wet myself.

The little pistol is a Smith & Wesson Model M, "Perfected", sometimes called the Ladysmith. It's a 7 shot .22 Long caliber that will be 100 years old in May. It's shown here with a S&W Model 19 with 6 inch barrel for size comparison. It's got Gold Medallion Rosewood stocks, 3 1/2 barrel and weighs 10 ounces.

Sorry for the contrasty flash photo, I was in too much of a hurry to show this to do a good lighting set up.
ModelMMod19.jpg

Last edited:
Still rushing, but here's the Ladysmith with a J frame 640 (above) and a 3" J frame Chief Special (Below) for size. The picture doesn't do the gun justice. It's a LOT smaller than a J frame.
2JandM.jpg

Got a mint 1955/56 Russian SKS today. No stamp on the receiver cover and the small star on the side of the receiver. This is one of the last Russian SKS rifles produced and definitely a rare keeper. No arsenal refurb on this beauty since it was pretty much built and put away.

100_1015.jpg

Now to clean it and find a nice late production sling.[grin]

That has to be one of the nicest I've seen, nice find! [grin]

I bought so much Vital Shock Premium Federal sent me this shotgun. [wink]

Benelli.jpg

Benelliclose.jpg

Big thanks to Ernie at Rennaisance Firearms and the 2 Mikes at Northshore.

I picked this up off of another forum member a couple of days ago:

IMG_0900.jpg

Why look a new stock for my 10/22.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

It shoots pretty good groups

IMG_0904.jpg

Wait its butt plate fell off. What's this?

IMG_0906.jpg

Ohhhhh so that's what was shooting those groups
IMG_0908.jpg

For those that don't know:
The Charter Arms AR7. This is a takedown .22 rifle. Used all over the world(most notably by the israeli air force) as a survival rifle. Also used in some films as a hidden gun(such as James Bond). This gun is currently made by Henry and I guess the charter arms is the least reliable version(based on my googling). I've seen this a bit myself, as it has a tendency to stove pipe, FTF and FTE around 1 out of 10 rounds. A pain in the ass, but still a ton of fun. Any suggestions for fixing the FTF/FTE would be welcome!

Picked up this SIG SCM (i.e. MA-compliant SIG556 HOLO) today:

EPP_7340.jpg

The shop said they waited ~ 6 months for 2 to arrive this week...

Attachments

• NESphoto2.jpg
    NESphoto2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 33
I picked this up off of another forum member a couple of days ago:

Wait its butt plate fell off. What's this?

For those that don't know:
The Charter Arms AR7. This is a takedown .22 rifle. Used all over the world(most notably by the israeli air force) as a survival rifle. Also used in some films as a hidden gun(such as James Bond). This gun is currently made by Henry and I guess the charter arms is the least reliable version(based on my googling). I've seen this a bit myself, as it has a tendency to stove pipe, FTF and FTE around 1 out of 10 rounds. A pain in the ass, but still a ton of fun. Any suggestions for fixing the FTF/FTE would be welcome!

One of those was my second gun. I got rid of it in 1983 -- wish I still had it.

Back
Top Bottom