• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for February 2009!

Well? Are you going to tell us the story or what?

supposedly the owner before me killed himself with the pistol when i bought the pistol it had a brown spatter on it which took some good scrubing to remove but when a removed the slide there looked to be curdle blood in the barrel area and under the grips

supposedly the owner before me killed himself with the pistol when i bought the pistol it had a brown spatter on it which took some good scrubing to remove but when a removed the slide there looked to be curdle blood in the barrel area and under the grips

Shoulda left it alone for nostalgic purposes.

Sold the Glock 23 to buy a pony - Circa 1976 .45ACP Lightweight Commander

DSC09519.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

That's what a classic Colt Commander should look like.

I am surprised that the pistol got back into circulation, so to speak, after being used in a suicide. I wonder why the police did not keep it.

Sorry not a gun but a knife kit! Bought it off the web for about $30 delivered!
Put this together in about 20 minutes (surprisingly it works too) [banana]
[/IMG]

Be careful with these. I don't need to lecture since I'm sure others will.

OTOH, autos are sooo cool. I loved my Italian stiletto and my OTF when I had them.

Submitted for your approval:

Left-handed Stag Upper from the forum and Armalite lower from 4 Seasons. Finally got the two of them together.

DSC_1534.jpg

DSC_1540.jpg

Savage 720 from Collectors:

DSC_1546.jpg

DSC_1548.jpg

DSC_1547.jpg

And lastly, my order from JR Tobacco to stock up before the Democrat S-Chip tax goes into effect. ( Easy Fred, You too Goose).

DSC_1549.jpg

Very nice pick ups, Knob Creek.

What did you pick up for cigars? And what is this S-Chip tax? I haven't been keeping up to date.

I always order from JR Tobacco. They have a sale going on right now to bring down their inventory. I like their Remidios brand for a medium to heavy cigar and the Jose Marti for a medium.

It's called S-CHIP, (State Children's Health Insurance Program) a health insurance plan for children funded entirely by tobacco taxes.

It's a 53% tax that was passed twice last year, and vetoed twice by the President on the basis that you simply can't fund a program that will grow in cost over the years with a tax on a product that is declining in sales, no matter how socially acceptable an idea is. But Obama has signed it into law.
it will raise the cost of cigars by 53% of the wholesale price with a cap of $3.00 PER CIGAR. Cigarettes would go from a .39 cent tax to 1.00.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=schip

Last edited:
Be careful with these. I don't need to lecture since I'm sure others will.

OTOH, autos are sooo cool. I loved my Italian stiletto and my OTF when I had them.

Not an auto just a "spring assist"...the button you see is the blade lock release. But yes autos are definitely very cool! [rockon]

Just got a new Savage MKII .22LR and Center Point 4-16X40mm scope (with awesome red/green crosshair illumination [smile]. This was bought as a work up to a remington 700 and the April Appleseed shoot :) (and yes this time I remembered to bring the key to the trigger lock [laugh])

scopingnew22.jpg

(ps, this was totaly a posed pic as denoted by the open bolt and lack of mag, lol)

Last edited:
Are you planning on using a Rem 700 at the Appleseed?

Nope, A combination of the savage MKII and an AR for the appleseed.

I got the bolt action MKII instead of a ruger 10/22 to get me used to functioning a bolt action rifle and using a scope. once I feel proficient/comfortable with it, i'm gonna spring for a Rem 700 and start going at the 300 yrd range at Harvard S.C.
Still will probably end up getting the 10/22 eventually, if for nothing else other than my G/F wants to go to the Appleseed shoot (ok that's a horrible excuse for me just wanting another new toy [smile])

Just got a new Savage MKII .22LR and Center Point 4-16X40mm scope (with awesome red/green crosshair illumination [smile]. This was bought as a work up to a remington 700 and the April Appleseed shoot :) (and yes this time I remembered to bring the key to the trigger lock [laugh])

(ps, this was totaly a posed pic as denoted by the open bolt and lack of mag, lol)

looks good man.

Got a mint 1955/56 Russian SKS today. No stamp on the receiver cover and the small star on the side of the receiver. This is one of the last Russian SKS rifles produced and definitely a rare keeper. No arsenal refurb on this beauty since it was pretty much built and put away.

100_1015.jpg

Now to clean it and find a nice late production sling.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom