New Acquisitions for February 2015

90d35f33cd7e19a66c758b3c71dcce4c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

the blue MK10 i picked up off NES in January, found a sibling last week. for my old eyes, the sight radius is awesome!

Lol... Guess I'll need dies now.

I want to get a revolver now . Not sure what's good but cheap.
Not cheap, really, but it's hard to go wrong with a Blackhawk convertible with 45lC and 45ACP cylinders. They're a ton of fun. You can get stupid power out of the 45lC with some of the Blackhawk only loads.

Lol... Guess I'll need dies now. I want to get a revolver now . Not sure what's good but cheap.

Didn't you set your eyes on a S&W 460. 45lc is paving the path for getting a S&W 460. You can shoot 45lc, 454 Casull & S&W 460.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Didn't you set your eyes on a S&W 460. 45lc is paving the path for getting a S&W 460. You can shoot 45lc, 454 Casull & S&W 460.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Hmm I like your thinking. And I like the grip better lol. If I could use moon clips and 45acp it be better lol. What do they go for ?

If I went with a colt style I would want it to look more cowboyish then the ruger .

A sweet find...

I pulled this shoulder holster out of the used holsters/ pouches box at the LGS this past weekend and found that it fits a full size 1911 perfectly. Bought it for $10 and tried doing some research on it to figure out who made it. No luck so I posted it on the 1911 forum to see if anyone knew. Last night a fella from Australia of all places responds that he knows who made the holster and had actually spoken with him on the phone many years ago in trade-related conversations (he himself works in leather holsters). The holster was made by W.F. Ohlemeyer who patented the design in 1945. The most interesting part of the design is that the holster itself pivots from the vertical position to the horizontal position after the thumb strap is released. I rarely ever shoulder carry but this rig caught my eye and I'd never seen that feature in a shoulder holster before. It's in excellent shape for its age (I believe they were only made from 1945 until sometime in the early 50's) and is very well made. There are some stains up by the neck area that are blackish/reddish. Even with all the adjustments maxed out, it's still a little too small for me so I sent Langlois Andy a message to see if he could make me up a few extension straps to fit this thing. I could find no markings whatsoever so it may be that this is an early make before it was patented. Either that or its a very well done knockoff but I am guessing judging by the age of it that this is a real deal rarity. The only thing I could find on it as far as a value was one that sold on ebay 8 years ago for $140. After learning what it is and seeing how rare a find it is I wouldn't even sell it for twice that. Me likey.

WFOhlemeyer 001.jpg
WFOhlemeyer 002.jpg
WFOhlemeyer 003.jpg
WFOhlemeyer 005.jpg
1911shoulderHolster 004.jpg

And here is the original patent drawings from 1946. (The Australian guy was nice enough to provide the link)
http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pages/US2396118-1.png

I pulled this shoulder holster out of the used holsters/ pouches box at the LGS this past weekend and found that it fits a full size 1911 perfectly. Bought it for $10 and tried doing some research on it to figure out who made it. No luck so I posted it on the 1911 forum to see if anyone knew. Last night a fella from Australia of all places responds that he knows who made the holster and had actually spoken with him on the phone many years ago in trade-related conversations (he himself works in leather holsters). The holster was made by W.F. Ohlemeyer who patented the design in 1945. The most interesting part of the design is that the holster itself pivots from the vertical position to the horizontal position after the thumb strap is released. I rarely ever shoulder carry but this rig caught my eye and I'd never seen that feature in a shoulder holster before. It's in excellent shape for its age (I believe they were only made from 1945 until sometime in the early 50's) and is very well made. There are some stains up by the neck area that are blackish/reddish. Even with all the adjustments maxed out, it's still a little too small for me so I sent Langlois Andy a message to see if he could make me up a few extension straps to fit this thing. I could find no markings whatsoever so it may be that this is an early make before it was patented. Either that or its a very well done knockoff but I am guessing judging by the age of it that this is a real deal rarity. The only thing I could find on it as far as a value was one that sold on ebay 8 years ago for $140. After learning what it is and seeing how rare a find it is I wouldn't even sell it for twice that. Me likey.

View attachment 129404
View attachment 129405
View attachment 129406
View attachment 129407
View attachment 129408

And here is the original patent drawings from 1946. (The Australian guy was nice enough to provide the link)
http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pages/US2396118-1.png

Very nice.

The kewlest part is that you now have the almost-70-year-old patent-drawing for that very holster. The details are identical.

Congrats on the find.

I pulled this shoulder holster out of the used holsters/ pouches box at the LGS this past weekend and found that it fits a full size 1911 perfectly. Bought it for $10 and tried doing some research on it to figure out who made it. No luck so I posted it on the 1911 forum to see if anyone knew. Last night a fella from Australia of all places responds that he knows who made the holster and had actually spoken with him on the phone many years ago in trade-related conversations (he himself works in leather holsters).

Outstanding find; the "fella from Australia" is the guy who designed the NATO M9 holster, and who led R&D at Bianchi for years. I'd say that if he says you scored, you scored big!

Outstanding find; the "fella from Australia" is the guy who designed the NATO M9 holster, and who led R&D at Bianchi for years. I'd say that if he says you scored, you scored big!

Yup and works for high noon holsters now. He said he's going to email me a photo of a patent marked holster just like mine.

And today, I picked up a nice mate for that old holster...
Colt Commercial Gov't model made in 1964. I've been looking for an affordable one of these for many years. Honest blue wear, mechanically tight and very nice bore.
20150228_163854.jpg

Yup and works for high noon holsters now. He said he's going to email me a photo of a patent marked holster just like mine.

And today, I picked up a nice mate for that old holster...
Colt Commercial Gov't model made in 1964. I've been looking for an affordable one of these for many years. Honest blue wear, mechanically tight and very nice bore.
View attachment 129555
Very cool story! Nice holster and pistol. Enjoy them!

42a4217fd4cf13622140c322074005d5.jpg

Will be test firing soon.

Nice, you certainly have talent bro. One of these days you have got to open up your own shop. I'd give you some business. There might be local gunsmith that assemble AK's (yes I know that's not an AK)....I don't know of any, you could probably make a living just doing builds.

Nice, you certainly have talent bro. One of these days you have got to open up your own shop. I'd give you some business. There might be local gunsmith that assemble AK's (yes I know that's not an AK)....I don't know of any, you could probably make a living just doing builds.
That's the plan . I have a friend that knows more about running a biz and where trying to figure out how to pay rent waiting for all the legal stuff.

Plus a FFl is helping me outwith getting one for my personal shop ..... Figuring out paper work etc

Do you need me to hook you up with some trigger guard?

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Lol nope I got a magpul one Im gonna toss on after I test fire and paint.

Btw it's buffer less . I'm working on folding mech .

Back
Top Bottom