New Acquisitions for February 2015

Got this the other day; a Valentine's day present from the wife. Full rig 1936 M34 Beretta in 9mm short (.380), army proofed Crown/RE, great bore. Too much snow to give it a test fire. Very tight action.

T

Last edited:
Not mine but the girlfriend just inherited a Bauer Automatic .25 acp purchased in 1981.

cl4wPyH.jpg

Last edited:
I picked this 1911 Commander Stainless. Not sure who built it or even who's frame it is built on. The seller claimed it to be "Caspian" and it is indeed roll marked Caspian Arms Ltd on the slide. The mark does not look like any factory Caspian marking I have seen before. Also, there are no numbers on the disconnect rail which Caspian does. Obviously an older custom build. I put a complete new spring kit in it and it functions fine. I have not been able to test for accuracy yet but it feels nice in my hands.

SAM_0380.jpg

SAM_0378.jpg

SAM_0381.jpg

SAM_0374.jpg

I have done a close inspection of every part and there is NO marking on the frame other than the serial number. Any thoughts on this one?

Not a firearm but I'm really liking the workmanship put into my new Gransfors Bruk Wildlife Hatchet. At 13" overall it will be perfect for chores at the campsite this summer.

makers' mark:

knife sharp:

Last edited:
20150207_135719.jpg
20150207_134852.jpg

S&W M&P.... the ORIGINAL M&P, followed me home....
1961-62, one owner, rescued it from a sweet little old widow whose police detective husband apparently never fired it....

That's purdy. So you gonna shoot it or keep it as a safe queen?

Carefully removed the side plate, chased out 53 years of pocket lint.... tiny bit of orange.... so i hit it with brake cleaner and lubed her up good to keep the orange away....

I can't afford guns i can't shoot.... so, i'm gonna shoot the f*** out of it....

If anyone has a S&W hard-on and they don't want me to shoot it, they can shoot me a PM with an offer ;)

Had to post this on behalf of a non-member friend to see the reaction. He went to the 70th Battle of the Bulge event in PA and came home with an original, non-DEWAT German PAK40 7,5cm anti-tank gun. Restoration to follow. I may just join WWII re-enacting to serve on the piece.[smile]

T

Last edited:
Just scored this nice little gun. My second-oldest gun (oldest is an centenarian Luger), it was made in 1919. The finish is actually better than it seems in this photo - yeah, it's speckled a bit but it's still very nice.

Don't know how it shoots yet. I'm going out to the back yard in a few minutes, though, and run a few rounds through her.

1908_Colt_zpsc1a7ea6c.jpg

View attachment 127755
View attachment 127756

S&W M&P.... the ORIGINAL M&P, followed me home....
1961-62, one owner, rescued it from a sweet little old widow whose police detective husband apparently never fired it....

so jealous! not that i need one because i have a 686. that won't stop me from buying one at a nice price.
beautiful piece man. shoot it!!!

Carefully removed the side plate, chased out 53 years of pocket lint.... tiny bit of orange.... so i hit it with brake cleaner and lubed her up good to keep the orange away....

I can't afford guns i can't shoot.... so, i'm gonna shoot the f*** out of it....

If anyone has a S&W hard-on and they don't want me to shoot it, they can shoot me a PM with an offer ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to post this on behalf of a non-member friend to see the reaction. He went to the 70th Battle of the Bulge event in PA and came home with an original, non-DEWAT German PAK40 7,5cm anti-tank gun. Restoration to follow. I may just join WWII re-enacting to serve on the piece.[smile]

T

Hard to hide that one from the wife!

Milt sparks vm2 holster for my hk45c came today, about 10 weeks from order to delivery. Need to break it in but real happy with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 111
Finally picked up a period slide and barrel for my P38. I purchased from another NES guy early last Fall for a steal ($200) with holster and 2 period mags, gun is 100% matching except mag with no import marks.

Here are a couple pics of original complete gun. Not sure if it was a training pistol or demilled back here stateside. Action still works and firing pin in tact
82e2f685c1d6c44aaf4312526835e260.jpg

eeab40c15bf7c2272331c3edb1da2b85.jpg

a7361a3a2b5208c590f8577d25577310.jpg

Picked up the new all matching slide on GB. AC43 properly marked for period and has import mark from Tewkesbury, MA on slide underside.
3736425cf01aac33570838db853fd78b.jpg

fba84f92e9a9de9883d861af88b8781f.jpg
b9ca3eb22a53dd8d1d8f9ff580cbf017.jpg
c6a61e63fde59d1c4aacacde1e0a3743.jpg

She is ready for the range finally. Anyone have an opinion on value for the package including original matching slide, original grips, period holster and new top half I just purchased?

sent wth crapatalk please pardon any autosubjects

Captured Walther Model 4

I just inherited this piece of history. It is a Walther Model 4 that was a captured Nazi gun. It was taken from a german officer by my wife's grandfather. It included the holster, two magazines, the original capture papers and a large amount of other memorabilia including patches, three nazi daggers, etc etc. I've included pictures of everything below:
yKiqnu5.jpg

zX43zjU.jpg

uiC1oRa.jpg

lKweQNi.jpg

WYBYAXR.jpg

gInZPCz.jpg

uDpLvfr.jpg

QOiEsKS.jpg

Now this is impressive!

I just inherited this piece of history. It is a Walther Model 4 that was a captured Nazi gun. It was taken from a german officer by my wife's grandfather. It included the holster, two magazines, the original capture papers and a large amount of other memorabilia including patches, three nazi daggers, etc etc. I've included pictures of everything below:

gInZPCz.jpg

yKiqnu5.jpg

zX43zjU.jpg

uiC1oRa.jpg

lKweQNi.jpg

WYBYAXR.jpg

gInZPCz.jpg

uDpLvfr.jpg

QOiEsKS.jpg
You def pissed in my cornflakes here. Amazing inheritance. Stunning pieces.

sent wth crapatalk please pardon any autosubjects

Brand new CZ 75 B high polished model. I'll upload better/cleaner photos in a couple days. Still has tons of oil on it from the factory which doesn't make it shine quite as much. This fits my hand like a glove and has a real nice smooth trigger both DA/SA. Sights kinda suck but that's easy to replace.
View attachment 127989

And a brand new free state, no safety M&P shield 9. What a huge difference in trigger pull from the MA compliant model. This doesn't even need a trigger job.
View attachment 127990

Last edited:
Picked up a Beretta 92G-SD, It was not cheap, but I had to have it. From what I have read only 500 being made. I have not taken photos of mine, but this is what it looks like..

View attachment 128000

Its Basically all the features from my favorite 92 variants rolled into one.

M9A1 Frame = Light Rail, Checkered front and back strap, beveled mag well, oversized mag release
Brigadier G slide = (de-cocker only) with Trijicon night sights.
Stainless barrel (blackened) with target crown.

*** also when you purchase any 90 series pistol between now and the end of march Beretta is giving a free range bag shooting glasses and ear protection ***

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/90gear/

Last edited:
eeab40c15bf7c2272331c3edb1da2b85.jpg

Picked up the new all matching slide on GB. AC43 properly marked for period and has import mark from Tewkesbury, MA on slide underside.
3736425cf01aac33570838db853fd78b.jpg

She is ready for the range finally. Anyone have an opinion on value for the package including original matching slide, original grips, period holster and new top half I just purchased?

Couldn't venture a guess, but it will be less than an original, all numbers matching one would be, because you had to piece it together. HOWEVER... the nice part of that is that you can shoot it without feeling guilty about degrading any collector value! AND without having any collectors yammer at you about doing that. Use her hard and well!

gInZPCz.jpg

Just... wow. Amazing collection. Amazing bit of history, and all the more valuable to your kids since it's their g'grandfather's. My inclination, were that mine, would be to have that collection mounted in a nice case to hang on the wall. Except for the gun, of course. Or maybe set up the display so that the gun comes out easily for range trips. But display that honorably. Yes, it's Nazi stuff, with the hated swastika... but as that Jewish FFL said to me, "Dey're dead, and I've got deir guns"! I think that applies here.

Thanks to both of you for sharing these - I enjoyed seeing them. Congrats on your new acquisitions.

Back
Top Bottom