New Acquisitions for January 2007

That stock's got a nice grain to it, I think it's going to be a great looking gun.

I agree. I'd scrub it down with turpentine, buff it with 00 steel wool, wipe it clean, and give it a few coats of either BLO or Tung Oil.
Oh, and you need a sling and cleaning rod.[smile]

I agree. I'd scrub it down with turpentine, buff it with 00 steel wool, wipe it clean, and give it a few coats of either BLO or Tung Oil.
Oh, and you need a sling and cleaning rod.[smile]

and the cleaning kit [laugh]

Thanks for the tip, think I'll give it a shot tomorow.

Here are two new guns that I got today

1 Ruger Vaquero in 44mag

DSC00357.jpg

2 Ruger 10/22 International 1st year production (1966 I believe)

DSC00359.jpg

Picked it up today...

DCI/Coonan type 1 FAL receiver

rec1.JPG

Not much to look at right now, but when combined with this ...

fn1.JPG

a few more parts, parkerizing and a bit of labor of love, it should end up looking something like this (Photoshop renditions)...

fal2.JPG

Or this...

fal1.JPG

Ended picking this up from the same shop I got the Yugo at. I just could not pass at what they wanted for it. It as pretty dirty, looked like who ever had it before had never cleaned it, hell the cleaning kit was still caked in cosmo[laugh]. It's a late 1970's [0221] factory production, all matching numbers. One cool thing is the last five digits are 00458, so its kinda a low number. Only problem with it is there is a small crack in the stock by the crossbolt, but it doesn't look like it will be a problem (hopefully), and there is some light piting on the magazine and bottom of the trigger group.

35k7ivr.jpg

Should be the last one for a while.[wink]

Last edited:
Nice!!!

What is that, no grenade launcher, so it's probably not a 59/66.

Looks like an M59 but the stock (even though dirty) is pretty dark for Yugo wood.
So Weer'd... what is it? Where'd ya get it? How much was it? Are there more? [smile]
You can PM me if you mail ordered.

Romanian. I belive that makes it an M56 But I'm not up on my SKS Lingo.

No C&R used, bought it from AZMLII in a FTF.

And before you say "AZMLII????" That's what Patrick calls himself on the rare occations he posts [laugh]

Yeah she needs a good bath, but frankly I think that part will be kinda fun!

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

With all these new SkS's, we need an SKS/AK show get together.

I should have my Albanian next week.[smile] Then I'll have one from almost every country that made them except the hard to find ones like Korean, Vietnamese, and ever so rare East German.

BTW, not to drift too far off topic here but heres a note on the Romanians:

These are extremely new to the U.S. market and little is known about them. There is only one known configuration of these quite worn but high quality Romanian SKS's which may still be in official use in Romania to this day. Until the floodgate was opened, collectors believed the triangle with the arrow arsenal mark was of Chinese origin since the firing pin is so similar to Far East SKS types. Poyer's book describes the surprise collectors experienced when these firearms suddenly appeared on the U.S. market as the Romanian government flat out denied for years they were ever produced.

Here is what I have picked up. I also got a Remington 700 from round_gun, but it didn't fit on the table to photograph.

DSCN2511.jpg

Ruger Alaskan .454 casull
S&W M&P in .40sw
Glock 26
Glock 27

S&W M&P in .40sw
HOT. I have put close to 3000 rounds through mine with 0 complaints. The white dot in the rear sights fell out, but S&W took care of that no problem. I know you turn lots of guns but I think you'll have a hard time letting this one go. I source of mags at about 2/3 the normal price if you are looking, PM me.

Pilgrim said:
With all these new SkS's, we need an SKS/AK show get together.

*Jumping up & down like Herman Munster*
Commie Gun Shoot ! Commie Gun Shoot !

I'm up for it!

Prolly not possible, but with the strong potential of a plethora of Yugos there maybe we should pop off some practice grenades? I forgot who has one here.....

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Ya mean like these ? [smile] Tho I don't have any, ...yet. [thinking] [rolleyes] [smile]

Here's my acquisition for January 2007; my first firearm. I decided to get a SU-16. This one is the B model. I got it at Eric Manna Distributing in New Ipswitch, NH. Can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Here are some better pictures (2/10/07)

su16b-right.jpg

su16b-left.jpg

su16b-bipod.jpg

su16b-folded.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my acquisition for January 2007; my first firearm. I decided to get a SU-16. This one is the B model. I got it at Eric Manna Distributing in New Ipswitch, NH. Can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Well I guess that answers that "AR or SKS?" Question: NEITHER! [rofl]

Save a mag for me!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Nice!! I wanna shoot it!! Bring it over to Leominster tomorrow after we finish loading up MrTwigg's .500 S&W's!
Love to, but Saturdays just don't work for me, and with the weather outlook for Sunday and Monday I don't see being able to get out any time soon [crying]

Schweet !

"When dead ani't good enough" Gotta love his marketing skills ! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom