• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for January 2009!

Kahr Auto-Ordnance Thompson 1927. Picked this up From Nick's Sports.

DSC_1529.jpg

DSC_1527.jpg

DSC_1532.jpg

Picked up a GSG5 and a few extra mags at NET today. Feel free to purchase my Winchester 1300 in the classifieds.[smile] If anyone is looking for one I think they have 3 or 4 left.

gsg5.jpg

Bought it yesterday, 64-5 police trade in. No idea which police agency it used to belong to but I'd like to find out. The barrel was dirty (had a cobweb in there when I looked at it in the store) but cleaned up great. Like most cop guns it appears to have been carried a lot and shot not so much; and has signs of honest wear. But a few minutes with Flitz and an old t shirt and this is what it looks like now.

The action was very clean inside but dry, so a drop or two of Breakfree went in all the required spots for a S&W Hand Ejector. The grips are in sad shape and led to some superficial rust and pitting under them, which I cleaned up as best as I could with steel wool and Kroil. I know there's a couple of guys at the S&W Forum that restore grips so I will send them out as soon as the Ahrends square butt combat grips that I ordered from Brownells get here. I am going with smooth (no finger grooves) grips this time around as .38 Special is no recoil demon.

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00308.jpg
]

DSC00309.jpg

Being a heavy barrel K frame, I already have carry holsters for it. But the guy working at the counter last night is a neighbor so he hooked me up with this Gould & Goodrich duty holster and I took the whole deal out the door for less than $290.

Notice the cool, old school exposed trigger. If I was a peace officer, I would carry this rig in confidence and would not feel undergunned at all. But I am a hardcore wheelgunner and have complete confidence in the reliability of S&W Hand Ejectors and in my ability to place hits and reload them quickly under stress.

DSC00311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kahr Auto-Ordnance Thompson 1927. Picked this up From Nick's Sports.

Great looking Tommy, and I'm diggin' the set up for the pictures. [wink]

Bought it yesterday, 64-5 police trade in. No idea which police agency it used to belong to but I'd like to find out. The barrel was dirty (had a cobweb in there when I looked at it in the store) but cleaned up great. Like most cop guns it appears to have been carried a lot and shot not so much; and has signs of honest wear. But a few minutes with Flitz and an old t shirt and this is what it looks like now.

The action was very clean inside but dry, so a drop or two of Breakfree went in all the required spots for a S&W Hand Ejector. The grips are in sad shape and led to some superficial rust and pitting under them, which I cleaned up as best as I could with steel wool and Kroil. I know there's a couple of guys at the S&W Forum that restore grips so I will send them out as soon as the Ahrends square butt combat grips that I ordered from Brownells get here. I am going with smooth (no finger grooves) grips this time around as .38 Special is no recoil demon.

Sweet looking revo, Jose!! [grin]

I have two additions this month... one you will all like.. one.. maybe not but I do...

First one was an FTF from 1903.... and I think i STOLE it with everything I got...
102_0588.jpg

2 Stocks, Mag, 600 rounds, 2 foregrips. I wont repeat the price.. most of you would cry. Thanks again Walt!!!

The second is quite a bit more expensive than the first, but Im just as proud of it...

100_1896.jpg

2008 Pierce Contender 1500GPM Pumper. My shift is assigned to care for this thing of beauty and Im proud to have that responcibilty

I am!! It takes time...and lots of credit [laugh]

DSCN0169.JPG

I've got the same 'safe' (glorified filing cabinet hehe) Great for cheap storage if you can't afford the real thing, or live in an apartment. One thing I hated was how high the rifle racks are since neither of my rifles are long enough to reach the slots. I see you have the same problem. I put three ammo cans on the bottom of the rifle side, they fit perfectly flush, and now my rifles reach the slots.

I've got the same 'safe' (glorified filing cabinet hehe) Great for cheap storage if you can't afford the real thing, or live in an apartment. One thing I hated was how high the rifle racks are since neither of my rifles are long enough to reach the slots. I see you have the same problem. I put three ammo cans on the bottom of the rifle side, they fit perfectly flush, and now my rifles reach the slots.

+1 to you for the tip! I just happen to have some ammo cans lying around that can now be put to use [smile]

What did it cost you for something like that if you dont mind me asking? Looks heavy.

Picked this up at DSG tonight
*IMG*

Dick's Sporting Goods.

Based on picture and price estimate, it looks like this one

# Dimensions: W 32 in; H 55 in; D 13 1/2 in
# Shelf Dimensions: W 12 7/16 in; D 12 in
# Weight: 117 lbs
# Holds 10 rifles or shotguns up to 54-in tall
# 3-point locking system with key-coded, double-bitted lock for greater security
# Foam padded sides and bottom reduce the chance of scratching
# Includes Stack-On's patented barrel standoffs for scoped guns and non-marring barrel rest
# Separately keyed valuables cabinet or additional space for 15 more guns
# 4 large foam padded removable steel shelves are perfect for storing ammo and hand guns as well as other valuables such as cameras, jewelry, etc.
# Reinforced full-sized steel door
# Pre-drilled mounting holes allow for easy attachment to the floor or wall. Fastening and finishing hardware included
# Durable baked epoxy finish in hunter green

Last edited:
Thats a pretty good price. Where did you buy it and how much does it weight? More than 350 lb?

I got mine at Bass Pro. I think it was around the same price Squished paid, $250. It's a good safe if you're just looking to meet storage requirements. I'm not going to invest in a monster safe until I get a house.

NEW S&W 432PD Airweight from North Shore Firearms.

DSCF1127.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

DSCF1130.jpg

Couldn't get the 638 Airweight Bodyguard (S&W is even out of stock) I wanted but the more I researched it the better my hand felt [wink] 32 H&R Magnum is quite enough in my pocket and a whole lot better than the mousegun I was carrying.

Last edited:
I picked this puppy up about a week ago.
A nice stainless MK11 Target model with a 5 1/2 inch tapered barrel.
One of the black factory plastic grip panels was cracked and I didnt really care for them anyhow so I took a nice chunk of cherry flooring I had laying around and made my own quickie replacements on my belt sander.
So far so good.
Tomorrow morning I might take a few shots with it if the weather is OK.
deeretc08014yi3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom