New Acquisitions for January 2013

ARLower_zps41d4e4a7.jpg

Now to build it.

very nice! good luck finding parts.

Smart man.

More luck than anything else. I kept searching around looking for parts and prices. I bought a Bushmaster 16 inch upper in 2011. Originally that was going to go on my existing Bushmaster lower and I was going to sell the 20" target upper. Then I got the idea to buy a new lower. During the summer I found a carbine style stock with buffer and spring. In the late summer I bought a CMMG LPK. Then someone on NES was selling a carbine style stock that wasn't collapsible, so I bought that. Right after Newtown I grabbed a second LPK, just at the very start of the price climb.

So, I sort of thought this out, but in a lot of ways stumbled into good deals.

Here is my most recent acquisition. I bought a stock Saiga 12 and just completed the conversion which moves the trigger group significantly forward and allows for a much more normal position than the sporter setup that these import with. I luckily received one with four unobstructed gas ports so no port work was required. Right now i have a cheap red dot clone on there which has surprisingly held up to the recoil through 150 rounds of slugs and buckshot but I plan to either replace it with a smaller reflex style red-dot or to remove the top rail and go to some Krebs iron sights.

Here is the stock Saiga:
saiga12gaugeshotgunbig.jpg

Conversion /Modification Parts:
-Ace 8.5" stock
-Tapco FCG
-Tac47 Auto-plug
-CSS performance puck
-Billet trigger guard
-Scorpion Pistol grip
-Quad rail
-UTG aluminum forward grip
-Muzzle Brake
-Tromix Knurled charging handle

I also did the following to the gun:
-100% mirror polished the bolt
-Polished all internals
-Reprofiled bolt for easier loading on a closed bolt
-Polished bolt carrier at all friction points
-Reprofiled hammer

Current setup:
saiga.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my most recent acquisition. I bought a stock Saiga 12 and just completed the conversion which moves the trigger group significantly forward and allows for a much more normal position than the sporter setup that these import with. I luckily received one with four unobstructed gas ports so no port work was required. Right now i have a cheap red dot clone on there which has surprisingly held up to the recoil through 150 rounds of slugs and buckshot but I plan to either replace it with a smaller reflex style red-dot or to remove the top rail and go to some Krebs iron sights.

Here is the stock Saiga:
saiga12gaugeshotgunbig.jpg

Conversion /Modification Parts:
-Ace 8.5" stock
-Tapco FCG
-Tac47 Auto-plug
-CSS performance puck
-Billet trigger guard
-Scorpion Pistol grip
-Quad rail
-UTG aluminum forward grip
-Muzzle Brake
-Tromix Knurled charging handle

I also did the following to the gun:
-100% mirror polished the bolt
-Polished all internals
-Reprofiled bolt for easier loading on a closed bolt
-Polished bolt carrier at all friction points
-Reprofiled hammer

Current setup:
saiga.jpg

Drool. Jealous.

Found an original M1916 holster, marked Sears for Sears Saddlery of Davenport, Iowa; 1942, at the Marlboro Gun Show today. Shot for the first time today; all I can say is wow.

010.jpg

007.jpg

003.jpg

MS

It's been a while since I had anything to post here but.....

I went to Stateline today and this followed me home.
20130126_192954_zps31f1a0e0.jpg

It has the evil 25 round magazine.... I also bought the uber evil 35 round aftermarket magazine.

And.... Thanks to a member here I bought an Adcor upper to change this.....
IMG_6887.jpg

Into this.....
20130126_192817_zps4d1517e4.jpg

The Magpul forend and MBUS were from Christmas. The Grip Pod was from a friend in the Marines.

receiver and trigger are inland and the barrel is underwood it also has some saginaw in there. the bore is pristine. it has bayonet lug, round bolt, slot for selector switch on the stock and the adjustable sites and switch safety. I took it out today and fired a box of shells through it. It ate all 50 with no problems and was quite accurate. I am now in love with it. now I need a M1A1 [smile]

Back
Top Bottom