New Acquisitions for July 2009!

Well I can see by the U-notch it's a pre-ban, but what's so ludicrous about the fact that kicker92FS thought it might be a post-ban, and therefore hot water-inducing magazine?

Because it's silly and irrational to assume that any so called "large capacity" magazine is automatically "illegal by default." For a gun like a Glock there are probably a million or more preban mags in circulation. Also, ss you suggest, the U notch is also a suggestion that the magazine was likely produced by Teutonic gnomes several eons ago.

-Mike

The holes in the mag would have no bearing on legality of the mags. That mag should be perfectly usable in any functional Glock pistol. [You might not be able to fully load it due to spring trying to bulge out sides, but you could definitely load some rounds in it and a DA would make the case that it "works".]

Irrelevant fact since it's a pre-ban mag, but just to answer the question raised about the concept of a cut-out being exempt from any mag issues.

the fact that other people on NES actualy give a shit whether its a pre ban or not is disgusting.

while it is a preban magazine (1992), how about the people on NES who chirp like parrots spewing useless info every time they see something illegal STFU. worry about yourselfs, jesus christ, k? thanks.

and len you can load the mag all the way.

Downrange will probably be the safest place to be when that thing goes KABOOM! [smile]

You know what they say Dench...if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Posting a picture of your "demo", since you are now a certified Glock Armorer, [banana] was bound to raise everybody's eyebrows!

Downrange will probably be the safest place to be when that thing goes KABOOM! [smile]

You know what they say Dench...if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Posting a picture of your "demo", since you are now a certified Glock Armorer, [banana] was bound to raise everybody's eyebrows!

i dont mind showing off the hardware one bit! im just a little tired of the endless "is that a legal magazine?" comments.

i dont mind showing off the hardware one bit! im just a little tired of the endless "is that a legal magazine?" comments.

Sorry, no one questions your intensions. We all know you would never knowingly "possess" a post-ban mag [thinking] So lets change the subject...is your haircut legal...can you even grow hair or did the military train you to stop growing it? [rockon]

That better?

the fact that other people on NES actualy give a shit whether its a pre ban or not is disgusting.

while it is a preban magazine (1992), how about the people on NES who chirp like parrots spewing useless info every time they see something illegal STFU. worry about yourselfs, jesus christ, k? thanks.

It's about time, +1. [wink]

I wrapped the tube of mine in hockey tape for shooting in cold weather and it helps a lot when putting your cheek against that frigid steel tube.[wink]

100_1048.jpg

LOL...that's EXACTLY what I did with mine. Even looks like we wrapped the same way.

/John

Is that pre or post ban hockey tape? In Massachusetts hockey tape that is greater than 2 inches wide is considered an assault weapon.

+1.

I am sick of that crap too. I feel like some people read every post on the forum looking for some little detail to point out and criticize, accuse, etc. so that they can feel like the smart guy that saw the detail and showed everyone how smart they must be.

BTW, this is NOT a bash of kicker92FS. Its the mindset of some people on the forum, particularly those that actively search for things to point out about illegal mags and such. If I see a mag (for example) posted that happens to look post ban, I assume that the poster knows what he is doing, not that he is an ignoramus. Especially if he is not a newbie to the hobby. Come on!

/John

BTW, this is NOT a bash of kicker92FS...

my intention wasnt to bash kicker92FS either, i hope it didnt come across like that. im just sick of that BS on this forum. that type of mindset and comments turn gun owners against each other. it makes gun owners our own worse enemy!

my intention wasnt to bash kicker92FS either, i hope it didnt come across like that. im just sick of that BS on this forum. that type of mindset and comments turn gun owners against each other. it makes gun owners our own worse enemy!

Can we add the "trigger control" or "muzzel control" or "your grip is wrong" comments on there too?

Do you plan on painting "Dench" on the grip with or without the holes in it? [smile]

Damn skippy bud.

I'm also tired of the "soundbite" BS every 16.5 seconds about Glocks "Ka-Booming" in every Glock Thread. How would the 1911 owners like it if some mouth-breather jumped into their threads and said things to the effect of; "Well you can throw the gun at the BG when it jams" and "I'm sure you'll enjoy the gun if you can get it to work".

It bears mentioning that I own two Glocks and NEVER shoot them, simply because I have a fairly large stable of handguns and they usually don't make it to the range. I am not a Glock fanboy, or even much of a fan at all. I'm just so flippin' tired of the same old crap over and over again. It's to the point where I don't bother to read or post in the "What should I get?" threads, when my knowledge could possibly help someone with a new purchase, or (even better) I could learn something myself. The problem is, I've got to wade through "Glocks blow up!" 40,000 times in the process.

There's a sub-set of people on this board that are NOT adding to the content here. Those people (I hope) know who they are.

Think before you type, and ask yourself "Is what I'm posting something that someone else might actually want to read/gain some knowledge from?"

nice vic.
i just emailed the BPD again to see if they were still up for signing off on my SBR project.
I have to do the same thing. Now that I live in a green town I hope it's not a problem. I really don't feel like going the gun trust route to do this.

You have great patience my friend. I want a rifle NOW! I look forward to see this build as well.
Hehehe. Unfortunately, the words "now" and "mortgage" don't play well together.

Last edited:
Well my CLEO won't sign off on the form. When I mentioned I wanted to build 9mm SBR AR-15 he started going "uh....uh....uh....it looks like I won't be able to sign off on the form". Thanks for nothing.

My first shot gun! Zombie Killer 1.0

ZK1.jpg

Pardner Protector HD Pump with knoxx stock, still need to get a tac light on it, havn't decided about a barrel shroud yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom