New Acquisitions for July 2009!

Ruger 10/22 from KTP:

DSC_1708.jpg

Boy howdy do you how to pick em ! Nice grab .

I think something is wrong with your Glock.

OK but seriously what is the purpose of that?

Insert token joke about glock KaBoom here.

Seriously though... I think that must make it not as reliable with all those holes.... might be cool as a display piece or if it was a toy... but its not something I would want to shoot.

Insert token joke about glock KaBoom here.

Seriously though... I think that must make it not as reliable with all those holes.... might be cool as a display piece or if it was a toy... but its not something I would want to shoot.

Gives KB's more places to vent hot gasses.

As a demo, that is pretty cool! I've always liked cutaway items/drawings so you can actaully see how things work. It would be a good way to show how a semi-auto works to a new shooter.

Curious; is that considered a firearm?

Under Fed law, the answer is YES.

Under MGLs, I would presume that the answer is NO, as it is in no condition to fire (safely). If one discounts the "safely" part, then Yes would be the answer. So this could be looked upon as a gray area.

Under Fed law, the answer is YES.

Under MGLs, I would presume that the answer is NO, as it is in no condition to fire (safely). If one discounts the "safely" part, then Yes would be the answer. So this could be looked upon as a gray area.

I can't imagine any time the Mass gun laws would be "less" restrictive than the Feds. I disagree with Len and say definitely considered a firearm by Massachusetts. Not that anyone would be dumb enough to try to fire it but logic has no place in Mass Gun Laws. [thinking]

I can't imagine any time the Mass gun laws would be "less" restrictive than the Feds. I disagree with Len and say definitely considered a firearm by Massachusetts. Not that anyone would be dumb enough to try to fire it but logic has no place in Mass Gun Laws. [thinking]

That's why I hedged my answer. It is a gray area! I would either query EOPS via Email (try to get WRITTEN response) or (if I couldn't get a written response) just file the FA-10 to CYA if it were me. However one can make a cogent argument that it is not "ready to fire" due to the cut-outs causing massive safety hazard and thus not intended to meet MGL . . . however you'd need a lawyer to argue that one and it's not worth it for a 44-cent stamp.

No guns, no ammunition, no accessories. I did get a trip to Hawaii though, so I think it evens out.

I do have some magazine holders on order from Mika's Holsters. They shipped via USPS on the 14th, but haven't shown up yet. That will be it until my AR shows up, hopefully in time for the August thread.

I know, awfully long winded for a guy with nothing to show. ;)

Curious; is that considered a firearm?

like lenS said, its a gray area.

if i loaded a live round into the chamber and pulled the trigger would it fire? no. the fire pin in blunted. i would have the change out the firing pin and then the barrel, and even then im not sure if it would fire. glock might of put something else in there, who knows! ill never find out though.

the guns registered though, i dont have the patience or the reason really to ask the state what they have to say about it.

Grabbed this from an NESer the other day! At the range today...deadly at 25 yards, pretty accurate at 50 yards...frightening that I might be able to hit the side of a barn at 100 yards [shocked]...maybe!

Kel Tec Sub 2000 with Kel Tec sling, case, butt extension,Tacticool charging handle, buffer and recoil tube cover. Oh yeah 9 mags (only 8 pictured)!!!

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

Didn't want to afford an AR so I got a different zombi killer! [wink]

Oh yeah...a BLAST at the range! [banana]

Grabbed this from an NESer the other day! At the range today...deadly at 25 yards, pretty accurate at 50 yards...frightening that I might be able to hit the side of a barn at 100 yards [shocked]...maybe!

Kel Tec Sub 2000 with Kel Tec sling, case, butt extension,Tacticool charging handle, buffer and recoil tube cover. Oh yeah 9 mags (only 8 pictured)!!!

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

Didn't want to afford an AR so I got a different zombi killer! [wink]

Oh yeah...a BLAST at the range! [banana]

I don't see any type of recoil tube cover or difference in the charging handle but am definitely interested in anything that makes these guns more comfy to shoot.

I wrapped the tube of mine in hockey tape for shooting in cold weather and it helps a lot when putting your cheek against that frigid steel tube.[wink]

I have the Kel Tec sling and mount. Thats about it for goodies on mine.

They are fun little guns and when we had steel plates at the 25 yards line at Sippican I could nail the entire row in rapid fire back and forth w/out missing. 50 yards is still pretty good for accuracy but 100 is really pushing it with mine.

Still a great buy with the extras and especially mags!

The Kel Tec sling mount allows you to attach a sling with an adapter to the rear sight hardware.

100_1048.jpg

Last edited:
My new hunting companion

Me new AR Build in 6.8 SPC

NES Lower from 1st group buy (pays to be green)
Magpul PRS
DPMS Panther Grip
Spikes Upper
Tactical Latch
Yankee Hill Smooth Rifle Forearm
18" Stainless Barrel
6.5-20x50 Scope to reach out and touch something

68SPC.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

Some parts for a Smith & Wesson model 10-5.

Aristocrat Ribbed Sight
Douglas Bull Barrel
Full set of polished internals
Bobbed hammer
Beautiful wood grips

My intention is to find a 10-5, and polish up the hammer that comes with it. I'm not a huge fan of DAO, so I think I'll enjoy it more in SA/DA configuration.

Back
Top Bottom