New acquisitions for June 2008

Picked this up the other day. M&P 340PD in .357 Mag

attachment.php
I was all over this J-frame at the S&W range a few weeks ago. Nice get [smile]

DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0270.jpg

The stock was last month... but I finally got a Ruger 10/22.

**duplicate from the "build it yourself" topic**

The Wife surprised with me with an early Birthday present today. Despite alot of the negatives I've read online, I've wanted a SOCOM for a number of years so I'm pretty excited to hit the range with this one ASAP. Not the best pic, but you get the idea. Big thanks to Carl at Four Seasons - top notch customer service as usual.

IMG_0173.jpg

That is great. I have one too. I have had NO problems with mine. Congrats!

/John

Pre-ban J-15

Picked this up last week. Pre-ban EA J-15. She came with two uppers, so I took pictures of both on her.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
That top pic of the J-15 is awesome. I need to get an AR that looks like that. Anyway here is my newest addition.
A Mossberg 395KB bolt action 12 guage given to me by my Father-in-Law. It was his first gun at age 17. I'm going to try to learn shoot clays with it once I join a club up here in southern NH. It has an adjustable choke on the end of the barrel which is pretty cool also. The mag only holds two rounds and one in the chamber. I've heard there are five round mags for this model kicking around somewhere but have yet to find any.

Mossberg395KB.jpg

Very cool Beansie...if you can get off more than 2 rounds shooting trap I will very very impressed!! That is while a clay is still airborne!![banana]

Not a firearm, but definately related. I was talking with a gent in Oklahoma about MA and our dumb gun laws. I mentioned my SP1 and look was he gave me. FREE!!! [smile] He told me he had no use for them since he no longer has an AR.
HPIM2580.jpg

When I bought my SP1 it came with one unknown mag. The 14 below are all Colt. Should I stop buying mags now? I didn't think so either.
HPIM2581.jpg

A little latter in my conversation with this gent I mentioned M14's. He sold me the ones below on the cheap. They're USGI from the '70's.

HPIM2579.jpg

I 've got 4 preban 20's now. I'll be looking for at least one more.

My Bushmaster

She's looking forward to the pin tourney next weekend at MRA
I need to get a better sling, thinking about a vickers 2 point, then maybe some optics, but I really like shooting with the iron sights so who knows...
IMG_5410.jpg

Delivered yesterday! East German Makarov. Very nice condition. The barrel and feed ramp look perfect. I'd think it was never fired if it weren't for some powder residue I cleaned out of the gun. This is my first "mail-order" C&R.
It's like opening up a Christmas present to myself!
guns001.jpg

Here are my two latest acquisitions. This first is a WASR-10 that I picked up today in NH from a very nice fellow NES seller, and a very strange, but in the end accommodating, lady at the gun shop who did the transfer. The second is a 10/22 I picked up at Dick's on an impulse a little while ago (hey, my wife gets to use the 'but it was on sale!' excuse, why can't I?) I threw a cheap $40 scope on it and I got myself a fun plinker for little money.

WASR.jpg

1022.jpg

Here are my two latest acquisitions. This first is a WASR-10 that I picked up today in NH from a very nice fellow NES seller, and a very strange, but in the end accommodating, lady at the gun shop who did the transfer. The second is a 10/22 I picked up at Dick's on an impulse a little while ago (hey, my wife gets to use the 'but it was on sale!' excuse, why can't I?) I threw a cheap $40 scope on it and I got myself a fun plinker for little money.

Two rifles everyone should have.[wink]

Got my license Thursday, did my first FTF transaction Saturday! I know, not the brightest move considering I'm a noob, but I couldn't resist it.

AMT_1.jpg

My first actual purchase, I had my brother buy it so I could practice the moon island range test and finally was able to bring it home.

GP100_1.jpg

This was given to me by my uncle who hasn't opened the case it was stored in about 20+ years, Remington 552 Speedmaster. Gave it a quick check and cleaning, tested it out and shot true straight right out of storage.

REM552_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom