New acquisitions for June 2008

Pre Ban Colt Sporter Target Model AR-15

Anniversary present from my wife, Pre Ban Colt Sporter Target Model.

Bought from a member of this forum at a great price, transferred via North Shore Firearms.

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

100_0708.jpg

Picked up this Polytech Mak 90 with code 36 Chinese drum mag yesterday. I'm swapping the thumbhole stock at least, that part I know. Just not sure if I'm going with a whole Ironwood set or if I can find a Chinese butt stock and grip to fit. The receiver is standard, not curved so thats a bonus.

100_0708.jpg

Picked up this Polytech Mak 90 with code 36 Chinese drum mag yesterday. I'm swapping the thumbhole stock at least, that part I know. Just not sure if I'm going with a whole Ironwood set or if I can find a Chinese butt stock and grip to fit. The receiver is standard, not curved so thats a bonus.

Sweet!

My 9 year old Kylie has been getting frustrated shooting "her" gun. It's too big for her hands and the .44-40 recoil is giving her poor accuracy. Of course she competing against her 11 year old sister who's shooting .22 LR from a Savage 64 rifle, but there's no explaining these things to kids when they're competing.

Today whilst visiting Zero Hour with the intent to bring home a .22 or the .38 I keep visiting each week, Mark told me about this little gem. I brought her home and Kylie loves it.[smile] She asked if I would bring it for her everytime we shoot.[smile]

HPIM2586.jpg

HPIM2588.jpg

Today whilst visiting Zero Hour with the intent to bring home a .22 or the .38 I keep visiting each week, Mark told me about this little gem. I brought her home and Kylie loves it.[smile] She asked if I would bring it for her everytime we shoot.[smile]

[/IMG]

It is a whole new experience for her - nice looking gun.

Nice everyone!!

Here are my contributions, a Sig 230SL and two Pre-ban Beta C-mags all from members here.
Sig230Sl-BetaC-Mags007.jpg

The C-mags came with a pouch and speed loader
Sig230Sl-BetaC-Mags005.jpg

Sig230Sl-BetaC-Mags006.jpg

I went to FSG today and got a set of Hogue wraparound grips for the P230. They make a BIG difference!!
Sig230Sl-BetaC-Mags004.jpg

Sig230Sl-BetaC-Mags002.jpg

Sig230Sl-BetaC-Mags008.jpg

Sig230Sl-BetaC-Mags009.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, ramx50, I am looking for a carry piece for my wife...is that P230 ok for a woman? I am not a huge fan of a .380, but she hates my 340PD with .38, let alone .357 mag. Just looking for your opinion on it.

Nice everyone!!

Here are my contributions, a Sig 230SL and two Pre-ban Beta C-mags all from members here.

I went to FSG today and got a set of Hogue wraparound grips for the P230. They make a BIG difference!!

Nice pickups! I take it you went threw mgunna2002. He's a wicked nice guy! How's he doing?

I was thinking about calling him for another Beta-C, but it looks like I can't now [wink].

Nice shotty ............ hope you didn't forget to pick up the 3" Magnum shells and a few ice packs for the hands. [smile]

I made the mistake of shooting one of those once. [shocked]

I took my grip off last week from the 500TC, placed a ATI 6 POS on in its place. After shooting about 200 rounds of 3" slugs in the past months.. my wrist and thumb would swell like a SOB. I am awaiting my new 3 rail fore grip and some other add ons that should be in soon. Great gun man! Enjoy!

2 things happened yesterday...

1. 2A Victory
2. I found a damn good deal on this unfired, S&W Model 34-1. ($200-300 less than what other people are paying on GunBroker + GunsAmerica!)

So to celebrate both... I brought it home with me [smile]

This .22lr kit gun was born in 1984... The nickel finish is still in excellent condition... and it came with the original grips serialed to the gun. Did I mention this gun was a steal? [grin]

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

After qualifying last week with a G22 I decided I would need something like it to carry around...out the door for $628.

As always I will give him a free plug - Tom Decker owns/runs Pete's Gun shop. If you are EVER out this way in the state at least stop in and say hi, see the shop, shoot the shit, whatever because he is a great guy and runs a great shop.

0011gl7.jpg

0021bj1.jpg

I just picked up this today at ZHA. I had been eyeing it for a little while and finally said screw it. I figured in light of the 2A ruling and my brother is going to buy a gun off me it was justified.

It's a Century AES-10B or RPK clone. I got it all cleaned up and ready for the range. I'm just waiting for some recoil buffers to come in to put in it and a nice day to take it out.

AES-10BRPKClone.jpg

New Acquisitions For June

New acquisitions for June, an M&P 15FT AR-15 chambered in 5.56 mm with a just-added EOTech 512 Holographic Sight. So he wouldn't get lonely, I added a little brother, a S&W M&P 9 mm. This is quite a transition from the SIG Mosquito I started shooting with in May.

DSC00368.jpg

Working with the iron sights on the AR-15 with my bifocals and a stick-on aperture was alright for awhile, but the EOTech is a wonder. To view the holographic reticle and the target in clear focus is fantastic. I can't miss with this setup (at least up to 25 yards). I'll get a chance for greater distance at the July 4th Shoot. It will be interesting to shoot it outdoors too.

2 things happened yesterday...

1. 2A Victory
2. I found a damn good deal on this unfired, S&W Model 34-1. ($200-300 less than what other people are paying on GunBroker + GunsAmerica!)

So to celebrate both... I brought it home with me [smile]

This .22lr kit gun was born in 1984... The nickel finish is still in excellent condition... and it came with the original grips serialed to the gun. Did I mention this gun was a steal? [grin]

Hanwei, love your "wheel" [grin]

I just picked up this today at ZHA. I had been eyeing it for a little while and finally said screw it. I figured in light of the 2A ruling and my brother is going to buy a gun off me it was justified.

It's a Century AES-10B or RPK clone. I got it all cleaned up and ready for the range. I'm just waiting for some recoil buffers to come in to put in it and a nice day to take it out.

I thought about putting a recoil buffer in my AES10B but even after shooting it with hot Romanian ammo, I find its not bad at all.
These are well built rifles and mine has a great trigger that allows for very fast rapid fire. Recoil is much lighter than any AK I've ever fired and these guns excel in prone position firing with good accuracy.
Enjoy yours, I know I enjoy mine, its money well spent.

New acquisitions for June, an M&P 15FT AR-15 chambered in 5.56 mm with a just-added EOTech 512 Holographic Sight. So he wouldn't get lonely, I added a little brother, a S&W M&P 9 mm. This is quite a transition from the SIG Mosquito I started shooting with in May.

DSC00368.jpg

Working with the iron sights on the AR-15 with my bifocals and a stick-on aperture was alright for awhile, but the EOTech is a wonder. To view the holographic reticle and the target in clear focus is fantastic. I can't miss with this setup (at least up to 25 yards). I'll get a chance for greater distance at the July 4th Shoot. It will be interesting to shoot it outdoors too.

I approve of that choice. [smile]

Pro Carry Stainless.\

Here's my new Kimber

Not one of the so called Kimber problems yet. 250 rounds through it with the stock mag.

DSCF3495.jpg

Back
Top Bottom