New acquisitions for June 2008

My Latest

Minus Scope... GAP 7000 .308

gap700crusader.jpg

The only one that's truly a June acquisition here is the ACOG but I haven't posted these and all were purchased within the last 2 or 3 months. The big guy is an M&P15FT with a Hogue grip and ACOG (yay for rebates). The little guy is a P229 9mm.

mp15p229.jpg

Picked this up today from Riley's in NH. a Pre-ban Transitional Colt Sporter. The gun looks excellent inside and out, the rear of the bolt had almost no carbon on it The barel is marked CMP 1/7 5.56
P6170289.jpg

P6170283.jpg

P6170282.jpg

Picked this up today from Riley's in NH. a Pre-ban Transitional Colt Sporter.

Nice! I've got the same rifle. Funny beast, with the Sporter II stamping but the A1 style rear sights and no brass deflector. Mine has the A2 style forward assist, though. Guess they were just using up the left over parts on these guys [grin]

THanks, I measured the FCG pins and mine are Mil-spec. Some of them made it out that way before Colt decided to change the pin size so m-16 parts wouldnt fit.

We all saw this coming

Here's the PPK. I think it'll be good for ccw. I picked it up used from Four Seasons this afternoon. It'll be good for my fiance to shoot too. Thats what I'm gonna tell her!

Walther1.jpg

In the holster

Walther2.jpg

And a better pic of the 1911

19113-1.jpg

June has been a good month. This will be the last purchase for a while. I've gotta start paying wedding bills next week!

My new Savage 12FV in .22-250. A few weeks back I was shooting with Eddie Coyle out in Shirley and he a had a similar rifle in .223. He let me try it and on the first shot I popped an empty .357 Sig case at 100 yards and Jim was drilling pennies at the same range. I said, "Man, I gotta get me one of these."

When I bought it I was talking to another customer in the shop who had recently brought his out to Montana and stated that he was shooting prairie dogs out at 300 - 400 yards. Even allowing for a little poetic license on his part this promises to be a really fun tack driver. I have a really nice Leupold 6-18X scope stashed away to mount on this baby. Now to get some dies.

Model 12FV – with AccuTrigger™
Action Short
Caliber 22-250 Rem
Overall Length 46"
Barrel Length 26"
Weight 8.75 lbs
Magazine Capacity 4 rounds
Stock Black synthetic with positive checkering, dual pillar bedding
Sights Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
Rifling Rate of Twist 22-250 Rem, 1 in 12"
Features AccuTrigger™, oversized bolt handle, blued barreled action, heavy free-floating and button-rifled barrel, with internal box magazine and swivel studs.

Savage003.jpg

Savage002.jpg

Last edited:
My new Savage 12FV in .22-250. A few weeks back I was shooting with Eddie Coyle out in Shirley and he a had a similar rifle in .223. He let me try it and on the first shot I popped an empty .357 Sig case at 100 yards and Jim was drilling pennies at the same range. I said, "Man, I gotta get me one of these."

When I bought it I was talking to another customer in the shop who had recently brought his out to Montana and stated that he was shooting prairie dogs out at 300 - 400 yards. Even allowing for a little poetic license on his part this promises to be a really fun tack driver. I have a really nice Leupold 6-18X scope stashed away to mount on this baby. Now to get some dies.

Model 12FV – with AccuTrigger™
Action Short
Caliber 22-250 Rem
Overall Length 46"
Barrel Length 26"
Weight 8.75 lbs
Magazine Capacity 4 rounds
Stock Black synthetic with positive checkering, dual pillar bedding
Sights Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
Rifling Rate of Twist 22-250 Rem, 1 in 12"
Features AccuTrigger™, oversized bolt handle, blued barreled action, heavy free-floating and button-rifled barrel, with internal box magazine and swivel studs.

Nice rifle!
I forgot to mention I'll be setting up some small fist sized pumpkins at the October shoot at 100 yards. That rifle should make orange mist out them. [grin] I know my Ruger .204 that I'm bringing does.

Back
Top Bottom