New acquisitions for March 2008

SKS Ray

NES Member
Looks like I get to kick it off this month.[smile]

I picked this up from Zero Hour today. Had it sent in from an online dealer. Its a police trade in Ruger PC4 that came with mag pouch, 2 mags, and sling.

100_0525.jpg

Now I just need to find a source for more mags.

I've thought of getting one of these for a while and its perfect because my carry gun is in 40.
I'm thinking of getting a set of Ruger rings and putting a sleek red dot or compact scope on it.

Never go to a gun show with a pocket full of cash...you always spend it!!

Star BM 9mm, something I've wanted for a long time and just never found one in good enough shape to bother.
DSCF0903.jpg

DSCF0908.jpg

I do like the older 1911 style pistols. Now to find some nice wooden grips and a decent carry holster!

That Star is sweet!

I doubt you would have much trouble finding a holster for it.

Check out my new Cochise Defender holsters from K&D in the Equipment forum. The wait is long (~20 weeks) but worth it. If I were you I'd place an order with Kevin right now and buy a Don Hume or something like that to tidy you over in the meantime.

That Star is sweet!

I doubt you would have much trouble finding a holster for it.

Check out my new Cochise Defender holsters from K&D in the Equipment forum. The wait is long (~20 weeks) but worth it. If I were you I'd place an order with Kevin right now and buy a Don Hume or something like that to tidy you over in the meantime.

I agree, great looking....[grin]

1916 Mark VI Webley all matching. 'Adjusted' for .45acp[/QUOTE]

Nice one, Dennis !
Was the original cal .455 Webley ?

Next Saturday I'll help to put a value on approx. 50 handguns of an oldtimer
now suffering Alzheimer.
I'll try my best for him to obtain fair prices for the pieces he squirreled away
in about 40 years.
For myself I'll try to get my hands on a Red 9 and possibly an Artillery P.08,
depending on "how much".

Last edited:
Looks like I get to kick it off this month.[smile]

I picked this up from Zero Hour today. Had it sent in from an online dealer. Its a police trade in Ruger PC4 that came with mag pouch, 2 mags, and sling.

100_0525.jpg

Now I just need to find a source for more mags.
That looks like a fun toy. Let us know how that thing shoots.

Latest and Greatest

My Latest and Greatest from North Shore Firearms. Having that shop near work is going to break me [grin]

I plan to "Larue it up" over the next couple weeks.

Thanks again Mike and Mike!!

IMG_8332.jpg

IMG_8322.jpg

Ruger Charger Pistol - picture incoming

Picked it up at State Line Firearms in Mason, NH. Had the barrel threaded for my Outback and it shoots like a dream.

Picked this up used on Feb 29th, but didn't take any pics until a few minutes ago. I don't know anything, really, about revolvers. I think this is a 'K' frame? Not really sure... if anybody knows anything more about this pistol please feel free to tell me about it.

SW38SPC_001.jpg

SW38SPC_004.jpg

SW38SPC_003.jpg

SW38SPC_005.jpg

Looks like I'll be adding to the Ruger love in this thread.

I picked up the Redhawk yesterday and the 10/22 today. The 44 Carbine is from last month.

Rugers.jpg

1916 Mark VI Webley all matching. 'Adjusted' for .45acp

Awesome! I'm glad there's another Webley fan around here. I recently picked up a Mark IV .380 and it's a fun gun to shoot, though it took me a while to find the correct .380/200 ammo for it. I've been on the look out for a nice Mark VI, but I'm holding out for one in the original .455. Not too many left.

Pilgrim said:
I think many were actually changed in service since the 45acp was the 'standard' .45 during both Wars.

I'm pretty sure all the conversions were done after WWII, when the guns found their way over to the states. Remember, the Brits ordered a bunch of Colts in the same .455 cal during the war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom