• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for March 2009!

I rescued this old Savage 99 from ZHA, it looked out of place surrounded my Milsurps and ARs:

savage.jpg

DSC04229.jpg

The 99s are great guns, nice pickup. What caliber?

See what happens when you combine a couple of gin & tonics, a computer with internet connection and gunbroker?

pix601342109.jpg

I'm really not proud of this one... probably the only redeeming characteristics are the price ($320) and the serial number (000009). I'm not sure I'll even fire this beast!

Anyone ever see or hear of this company or gun? It is a 9mm and a Tec-9 knockoff... that is about all I know.

Rich

Last edited:
See what happens when you combine a couple of gin & tonics, a computer with internet connection and gunbroker?

pix601342109.jpg

I'm really not proud of this one... probably the only redeeming characteristics are the price ($320) and the serial number (000009). I'm not sure I'll even fire this beast!

Anyone ever see or hear of this company or gun? It is a 9mm and a Tec-9 knockoff... that is about all I know.

Rich

Can you bring that into MAss?

pix601342109.jpg

Rich

So you are the one that got this gun, I was watching it but wasn't home in time to bid on it. I belevie it was made by Cobray. Enjoy and have fun with it

Beautiful USP, Wicked.

Thanks. It was the last one at Frank and Tiny's (Tyngsboro PD guns).
It was a left handed model with the safety on the right hand side. I called HK and they sold me a variant 1 lever. I installed it myself and was quite surprised at how clean the gun was.

So you are the one that got this gun, I was watching it but wasn't home in time to bid on it. I belevie it was made by Cobray. Enjoy and have fun with it

One thing I've learned... Leinad, Inc., the company printed on it, is the first name Daniel spelled backwards.

A read a few tidbits about it, but there are a lot of unknowns.

That monster looks like it used a MAC10 upper but 90 Degrees clockwise.

pix601342109.jpg

Rich

I swear without my glasses on that looks like "808 Win"

Anyone else want to confirm the rollstamp.

Left my glasses in the car and the wife is gone with it.

Last edited:
Oh man, if it isn't the sweetest thing ever. I've also got a Peavey Cirrus 5 string which plays like a dream, but still, I think everyone should own a Fender. I pretty much shot my future gun acquisition on this, at least for a while. But it was money well spent.

Oh man, if it isn't the sweetest thing ever. I've also got a Peavey Cirrus 5 string which plays like a dream, but still, I think everyone should own a Fender. I pretty much shot my future gun acquisition on this, at least for a while. But it was money well spent.

Back many, many moons ago when I was playing in a band the other guitar palyer had a Guild electric and that had to be the very smoothest, sweetest guitar I have ever palyed, even more that the SG or Les Paul. I could never get him to part with it.

It's .357. It was a deciding factor while comparing this with the .38 spl airweights. I wanted a solid revolver and this Ruger is deffinitely that. Weight isn't really an issue.

nice buy. that is definatly on my wish list

Nice score! .38 or .357? I know the SP101 comes in both. I love both of mine, great revolver!

Well, this is an interesting statement because I own one and shoot both .38/.357 through it. The only "choice" is spurred or spurless. Is there something i am missing?

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Revolver&subtype=Double Action&famlst=9

Ruger SP101 revolvers come in spurred and spurless hammer versions and take down easily with no special tools. Ruger SP101 revolvers are best for shooters who need a smaller framed, durable, all stainless steel revolver chambered for the powerful .357 Magnum cartridge (which also permits use of .38 Special ammunition). Built as some of the smallest, most powerful, smaller frame revolvers on the market, they feature Ruger's rugged durability and are engineered for solid performance.

Well, this is an interesting statement because I own one and shoot both .38/.357 through it. The only "choice" is spurred or spurless. Is there something i am missing?

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Revolver&subtype=Double Action&famlst=9

Ruger SP101 revolvers come in spurred and spurless hammer versions and take down easily with no special tools. Ruger SP101 revolvers are best for shooters who need a smaller framed, durable, all stainless steel revolver chambered for the powerful .357 Magnum cartridge (which also permits use of .38 Special ammunition). Built as some of the smallest, most powerful, smaller frame revolvers on the market, they feature Ruger's rugged durability and are engineered for solid performance.
Available SP101 Models:
Catalog Number Caliber Capacity Sights Shroud Barrel Length Weight Notes
KSP-241X .22 LR 6 Rnds. Adj. Full 4" 34 oz Discontinued
KSP-3231X .32 Mag 6 Rnds. Adj. Full 3 1/16" 30 oz
KSP-3241X .32 Mag 6 Rnds. Adj. Full 4" 33 oz
KSP-821X .38+P 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 2 1/4" 25 oz
KSP-821DOS .38+P 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 2 1/4" 25 oz Bobbed hammer made for the U.S. State Department
KSP-831X .38+P 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 3 1/16" 27 oz
KSP-321X .357 Mag. 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 2 1/4" 25 oz
KSP-321XL .357 Mag. 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 2 1/4" 25 oz D.A.O.
KSP-321X-LG .357 Mag. 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 2 1/4" 25 oz Crimson Trace Lasergrips
KSP-321XL-LG .357 Mag. 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 2 1/4" 25 oz Crimson Trace Lasergrips, D.A.O.
KSP-331X .357 Mag. 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 3 1/16" 27 oz
KSP-321XL .357 Mag. 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 2 1/4" 25 oz D.A.O
KSP-921 9mm 5 Rnds. Fixed Full 2 1/4" 26 oz Discontinued, Uses Moonclips, Not on CA DOJ List

Back
Top Bottom