• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for March 2009!

I always wanted a Socom II.....so I went out and bought this last week, and it was well worth every dollar.[smile]

DSCF1549_2-1.jpg

Picked this up at North Shore Firearms today. Thanks to Dench for his help. Ruger Single Six with .22LR & .22 Mag cylinders.

RSingle6001.jpg

I love my blued version of that.
Web%20left600.jpg

The 22mag is a hoot and some different than a 22lr !

Damn, now I have to buy another Ruger to keep my lead.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about it, I just got the safe and I can't wait to get some toys. I thing a safe is never complete till it has an M1, right?[smile]

I know your safe is empty right now... but I can already tell you that you'll need a bigger safe [wink]

Ruger SP101

DSC01577.jpg

The last piece for my upper receiver will be here this week, pics to follow once that gets built. Only took 13 weeks for the barrel, not bad! But WELL worth it.

thats a fun gun, drop a few .357 mags in it and hold on.

I have the same grips too, they help a lot.

although i am thinking of getting the crimson trace grips after shooting a buddies 38 snubby this weekend.

Couple of new things, last few months

Actually over the last 3 months, but just got around to taking pictures

CMP Inland M1 Carbine, with Ultimak scout scope mount and NCStar pistol scope (cheap yes, but it really has a bright clear image)
IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

I always wanted to try the scout scope setup on an M1 carbine, and it is a nice fit. The scope mounts low so the cheek weld is still tight.

This carbine has an odd stock; no markings, and it is some sort of laminate of two different woods, so it's dark on one side and light on the other.

IMG_4000.JPG

Benelli M2. It's a little hard to get used to, the action is really peculiar, plus it tried to eat my thumb a couple of times already. [crying]

IMG_4003.JPG

Carbine is old, but I took a bunch of crap off to lighten it, as it has the light pencil barrel. I swapped the EOTech for a cheap Barska holo sight. It's kind of a toy, but someday if I ever have the $$ I'll get a Trijicon reflex sight or something small.

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4007.JPG

And a 10/22 with tech sights. I have another 10/22 with a scope, and wanted to have something to practice with iron sights.
IMG_4014.JPG

Who says a .22 isn't enough gun for bear?

Last edited:
Finally after 8 months of looking I found my Smith and Wesson 681-3 L frame in .38 spl made for the Conrail police dept in 1989. Marked CRPD under the cylinder also not the original grips [sad2].
crpd2.jpg

thats a fun gun, drop a few .357 mags in it and hold on.

I have the same grips too, they help a lot.

although i am thinking of getting the crimson trace grips after shooting a buddies 38 snubby this weekend.

So far the only thing I've shot out of it are .357 mags. Man those things are fun, hold on is right, that thing has kick!

I finally got one of my 'holy grails'.!!!!!

I've been wanting a real "Dirty Harry" gun for a long time but never sound one in good enough condition or priced right. I found this absolutely mint (I can't find a flaw on it anywhere) SW29-2 in the wooden presentation box with papers and tools. The flocking on the box is pretty rough so I won't show it here, but the wood is very good. I'm going to recover the interior and I'll show you when it's done.

The 29-2 6 1/2 incher was made in 1973 and is as good as you can find. "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well do ya?"

Yup, I sure do!

As usual, the pic doesn't do it justice. I appears there is a problem with the bluing on the front of and above the extractor housing but it's bad lighting. As usual, the S&W bluing is about 10 feet deep.

29_2left%20800x477.jpg

I'll take my own pics of it sometime soon but I just took this to the range today.

178014_large.jpg

I wasn't quite expecting as big a difference between .38 and .357. It was accurate and fun either way.

I also met up with Raoul Duke and I think I convinced him to buy both an M1A and an ACOG for his AR. I'm just doing my part to help the economy.

Not a gun, but it can be very handy for transporting them about. Wife's new 2004 Chevy Suburban. Low miles (for a fleet truck), towing package and a damn good price out the door and she had to have it.

Obligatory pic of her with one of the boys. I've had Joey for 12 yrs now, told an old GF I'd get rid of her before I did my dog.

CrissyandJoe2.jpg

Wife HAD to have the Browning Buck Mark, as well as the Ducks Unlimted. She now wants a replacement RKBA sticker for the back. And yes, I created a gun nut.

TruckRear1.jpg

Side view from the apt. complex

TruckSide1.jpg

Rear cargo space. Imagine all the guns, ammo and toys she can now haul.

TruckIn3.jpg

And as we head to the range/gun show we can do so in comfort.

TruckInt1.jpg

Pics of the wifes upper. Being shipped now and will just pick up from front office and ship them directly to a friend who has no AR's or lower receivers or anything like such.

10.5" LMT Upper with LT 7" Rail. Going to order a Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor next week.

DSCN2717.jpg

DSCN2719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom