New Acquisitions for March 2011

Here we go! Got this late yesterday and she's a beauty!

Colt Pony Express Presentation .45​

Never turn or fired!

Description of Firearm
It is the Colt Pony Express Presentation SAA .45 Model. It was manufactured in 1964 and is one of only 1,004 made. It is a 2nd generation gun with the removable cylinder bushing. It is original nickel finish and has not been fired. The left side of the barrel is marked "-RUSSELL MAJORS AND WADDELL- / PONY EXPRESS PRESENTATION MODEL", the and the right side "COLT .45 PEACEMAKER". The extra non-fluted cylinders are engraved with the Founders of the Pony Express and the route traveled by the riders. The non-fluted cylinders have not been turned or fired. There is also the medallion of Russell, Majors, and Waddell the Founders of the Pony Express. It all comes in an original wooden presentation case with a plexiglass top.

ColtSAAPony-1.jpg

PonySAA-1.jpg

pix7489432151.jpg

Ponyleft-1.jpg

grips1.jpg

grips2.jpg

cylin1.jpg

cylinder2.jpg

ponymedal.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see it's 47 years old (looks good for her age, no?) if you'd like to shoot it you'd have to buy it from me. [laugh]

Oh come on my grubby greasy cheeseburger hands won't scuff it up...lol
Seriously though I love the gun and don't blame you for keeping her a 40+ year old virgin.

My Walther wants a can, I told her she had to wait till I move to NH. In the mean time, I got her a threaded barrel to keep her happy. A really good deal just dropped on my lap...

Full size barrel, the original (shorter) for comparison
DSC01083.jpg

Earl's at Tewksbury imported these:
DSC01086_ns.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of an unusual one for me. I picked this up at Blue Northern yesterday for short money. Bersa 383A .380 ACP. On the one hand it has little to recommend it. It is big and heavy for the caliber, not something I will ever carry and appears to be well used. However, it feels really good in the hand. Very nice balance and points naturally. It should be fun to shoot.

Bersa003.jpg

My first gallery post and first Beretta. Got delivered to the shop today, picked her up and cleaned of the old greened factory grease. Based on the import stamp it looks like shes a '92 production [grin]. Came in original box with two 15rnd mags.
Beretta5.JPG
Beretta4.JPG
Beretta3.JPG
Beretta1.JPG
Beretta2.JPG

My first gallery post and first Beretta. Got delivered to the shop today, picked her up and cleaned of the old greened factory grease. Based on the import stamp it looks like shes a '92 production [grin]. Came in original box with two 15rnd mags.

That's a sweet pistol!

Nothing special. WASR 10/63. Picked her up last weekend. decent specimen; mags dont wiggle, front sight isn't canted, shoots well. Surplus sling is on it's way
2011-03-07_14-13-45_38.jpg

Last edited:
Got a few more pieces to my AR build puzzle, pics to follow.

White Oak Armament 18" SPR barrel
Rainier Arms low pro gas block
LMT Charging handle with tacticool latch
Young MFG Chrome BCG, bolt matched to barrel

I had ordered a rifle length gas tube too, but they forgot to pack it, I have such terrible luck ordering parts online... I spoke with a woman at Rainier Arms and she said she'd ship one out today.

** UPDATE ** They had sent one out to my street address via postal mail, so it wouldn't have gotten to me as I have a PO Box. I sent an email in and Paul quickly got back to me stating they'd send out another one to my PO box! Rainier Arms has been an absolute pleasure to deal with from start to finish and I'd recommend them to anyone looking for AR parts.

Last edited:
This came today.....No more camera tripod for me [grin] Picture is from the web site.
tripodA.jpg

I also purchaced two extension rods, the zoom head, and the weight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom