New Acquisitions for March 2011

I have wanted this one for awhile, and I decided what better way to spend my tax return than buy another gun. Auto Ordinance 1911 (because I can't afford a real WW2) to keep my Garand and Carbine company,

3.jpg

7.jpg

Nothing crazy, but I picked a Boyds Thumbhole stock in nutmeg laminate for my Marlin 60 from their latest production run (stock dated Feb. 28 2011). It comes fully inletted, but I have to sand and finish the stock.

IMG00045-20110314-1700.jpg

APEX M&P Competition Action Enhancement Kit
SSS ESP Magwell
Sevigny rear sights with serrated front post
Fresh CR123 batteries
Holster wear soon to be installed[smile]

5535891741_4d120dda6f_z.jpg

APEX M&P Competition Action Enhancement Kit
SSS ESP Magwell
Sevigny rear sights with serrated front post
Fresh CR123 batteries
Holster wear soon to be installed[smile]

5535891741_4d120dda6f_z.jpg

Somebody told me "The M&P is a real serious POS." why would you buy such a piece of junk? [rolleyes] [rofl]

Did you start fiddling with that back strap or is it just the lighting that makes it stand out?

Somebody told me "The M&P is a real serious POS."

Did you start fiddling with that back strap

Crap you are RIGHT I read the same thing on the INET!! What a POS this thing is what was I thinking!!!!! No fiddle on BS, However I am looking for a local person that can do some AGGRESSIVE stippling...

Received my Winthrop Holster today. It's reinforced, looks and feels well made. Winthrop was even nice enough to stamp the Marine Corps EGA as I requested without extra charge. Waited only a few weeks for it to come in. Hoping to break it in this weekend. In case you are wondering, that's my S&W 1911 ES with Hogue Grips wrapped around.

2011-03-18_13-34-27_695-1.jpg

www.winthropholsters.com

I have wanted this one for awhile, and I decided what better way to spend my tax return than buy another gun. Auto Ordinance 1911 (because I can't afford a real WW2) to keep my Garand and Carbine company
That's been on my list for a while now...how do you like it?

Vietnam Era Retro Clone

I've wanted an XM177E2 (model 629) clone for quite some time. I finally found the right components to put it together: pre-ban colt small pin lower with raised fence, and A1 style upper with forward assist, no shell deflector, and mock moderator with grenade ring. It has an old all aluminum CAR stock. As real retro guys will see, it's not perfect, but its close enough for me.

Image005.jpg

Image007.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Got home today to some packages.

First package was my ERGO grip for my AR
DSCN0344.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

Then one little box which I new what was inside, my new Aimpoint PRO [smile]

DSCN0348.jpg

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0341.jpg