• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2008

This came in the mail today. Not the gun, the Comp Tac Minotaur IWB holster.

289066383_ATbQe-O.jpg

This came in the mail today. Not the gun, the Comp Tac Minotaur IWB holster.

Nice....I have the same holster for my Sig 229. I just ordered the spare Minotaur Body for the M&P. I also ordered the C clips. Let me know what you think of it. With my Sig it is just a tad bulky, but manageable. I hope it will be even better with the smaller, lighter M&P compact.

Does it count if I really bought the gun in 1981? Well... OK, I did sell it to my best friend back in 1993 (and old-timers here on NES will have heard me endlessly bitch, piss and moan about how stupid I was to sell my first gun...).

However... he IS my best friend, so he swapped me for my Model 66. And now, without any further ado, ladies and gentlemen... My First Gun, a Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 .357 Magnum revolver:

DSC00978.jpg

Yeah, it's a horrible pic. I'll take a better one tomorrow, but I just got her back a couple of hours ago, so I couldn't wait to post this. And I know that the 66 is probably worth more than a 19, and I do not give a tinker's damn. This is My. First. Gun. Purchased in May of 1981 from J&J Guns in Bayonne, NJ by a 21 year old kid with his very first purchase permit clutched in his sweaty little Dwarven hands.

Uh... am I gloating too much? Sorry. It's the codeine. Anyway, we will NOT be parted again. You can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.
Congratulations! My first gun as a 4" model 19 as well. I bought it in 1985 and I sure wish I had it back.

I like the 6906...how many rds do the hi caps hold?

I've wanted a 6906 for a long time. A friend of mine had one and I told him if he was ever going to get rid of it, I'd like first crack at it. Of course, he forgot and sold it to someone else. I've missed a number of them here, but the timing was right on this one.

Gary

OK I have officially sucked in to the 1911 world!!!

This is a photo of my new to me by the way of a member here 1911PD along with my FIRST EVER 1911(can anyone guess what kind it is????).
SW1911001.jpg

Before anyone asks NO I WILL NOT SELL MY FIRST 1911!!!!(I know everyone will want it when they find out what kind it is!)

This is me trying to get fancy
SW1911002.jpg

SW1911003.jpg

SW1911005.jpg

Alright... some of you guys may have seen her up in the Classifieds for a few hours today... but I decided to keep her...for now! I got a screamin deal on this Colt Detective Special. NIB, Unfired... with original box and papers.

And I don't know why... but I can never just post 2 or 3 pictures. [smile]

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Beautiful Hanwei!!

Thanks [grin]

+1 Wow! That thing looks brand spankin' new!

I know... 33 years old new! Serial number says it was born in 1975. You know... The firearms world is one of the few realms in life where you can still find things that are 10...20...50 years old... yet they are still brand new... untouched. It's really pretty cool.

How to destroy your gun budget....

Picked this up Saturday....

cam.jpg

Had to get a new car after realizing my Buick was falling apart.... it'll kinda do that after 174,318 miles or so. Well, it was still running, but it was growing long in the tooth, to put it mildly. If I wanted to keep it on the road for any length of time, I would have had to replace all the brake parts and most of the suspension... it was just "tired". The tranny was also starting to get pissed off (slipping) but it may have just needed a good servicing. Plus the thing ate premium gas... this thing runs on the cheap
stuff.

Mind you, I had gone into the dealer originally intending to get a Corolla... but I decided to drive both... and then I decided that I would just be pissed off if I got a Corolla. It's a great car but didn't hold a candle to this thing. (Camry LE V6).

Now, granted, what I REALLY wanted was a Tundra but the $4000/yr in gas (at current prices, mind you) was not appealing. [laugh] (I drive a lot and it would actually cost that much..... now if work was 10 miles away instead of 45... then we'd be talking )

-Mike

Last edited:
Don't cha LOVE buying new vehicles - complements the garage, the driveway, the curb, the parking space at work...life becomes complete and perfect. [grin]

Thanks [grin]

I know... 33 years old new! Serial number says it was born in 1975. You know... The firearms world is one of the few realms in life where you can still find things that are 10...20...50 years old... yet they are still brand new... untouched. It's really pretty cool.

Hope you're not planning on shooting it... I don't think I could bring myself to!

Yep, I'm "that guy". If it were mine it would be shot. Probably before I even brought it home.[smile] Nice catch Hanwei.

I'd shoot it, at least once. I wouldn't use it for every day carry, or shoot the crap out of it, but I'd shoot just to say that I did. Colt didn't build it to sit in a safe forever.

Just my $0.02.

Gary

Not a firearm, but I will be closing on this at the end of May:

2a7y69t.jpg

New construction on 2.5 acres, one property line borders 130+ acres of town forest full of deer.

Back
Top Bottom