• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2008

My wife's Birthday gift to me

This thing just makes my day.[smile]

A Romanian WASR-10 with some funky wood furniture. My first rifle is an AK. I can't think of a way I could have beaten that.

AK2.jpg

AK1.jpg

And here it is with the bayonet attached, My CZ pistols for added Soviet goodness, and various other goodnes.
AKandCZ.jpg

I feel the need to get one of the furry hats and trenchcoats you always see the Russian soldiers wearing in pictures.
Two more mags and a bunch of ammo then I'm going to start thinking about an Appleseed.

Now what to buy with the money my fam gave me for my birthday. An SKS to continue the Russian-ness? a J-frame? a pocket semi auto? Too many questions?

Last edited:
Yep, I'm "that guy". If it were mine it would be shot. Probably before I even brought it home.[smile] Nice catch Hanwei.

I'd shoot it, at least once. I wouldn't use it for every day carry, or shoot the crap out of it, but I'd shoot just to say that I did. Colt didn't build it to sit in a safe forever.

Just my $0.02.

Gary

Well...as you guys can see... her time as a safe queen (with me, anyway) is soon to be over. She's back up for sale in the classifieds. She's gotta go! I have too many other things I need the $ for. Oh well... someone else can shoot her [smile]

Well...as you guys can see... her time as a safe queen (with me, anyway) is soon to be over. She's back up for sale in the classifieds. She's gotta go! I have too many other things I need the $ for. Oh well... someone else can shoot her [smile]

You have my sympathy, because that is one beautiful weapon. Good luck selling it, although I'm sure it breaks your heart.

Gary

Not a firearm, but I will be closing on this at the end of May:

2a7y69t.jpg

New construction on 2.5 acres, one property line borders 130+ acres of town forest full of deer.

So up the stairs to the left...bedroom/kitchen/bathroom. To the right..multi level GUN ROOM?!

My newest additions: Super Sniper SS10x42 and TGI Sporter 75M4 [smile]

NewAkScope.jpg

Have you tried out the scope yet? I have the 16x. Either it's my scope that's constantly out of whack or I have bad rings and base. Bore sighted it again last week for the 3rd time. Has a habit of going 4 inches right.

I posted this is the Black Powder thread, but it deserves to be here too. Beautiful and accurate!

aae-254_1.jpg

Not my pics of it, but taken from where I bought it.

Have you tried out the scope yet? I have the 16x. Either it's my scope that's constantly out of whack or I have bad rings and base. Bore sighted it again last week for the 3rd time. Has a habit of going 4 inches right.

No, have not had a chance to get to the range yet, But I'll be sure to report back and let you know.

Made in1969 Old Model Blackhawk in .41 mag. The grips have got to go. The bluing is a little weak but the mechanics 'sing'.

Just what I need, another caliber.

Anyone who isn't familiar with Ruger wheel guns, needs to check them out. They are real quality at decent prices.

Web%20blackhawk41magleft%20600.jpg

Not a gun but the fun stuff you put inside!! For my refurbished Enfield #4 Mk1...
DSCF0983.jpg

DSCF0984.jpg

Surplus and corrosive but a little water and ammonia then clean like usual...life is good [dance]

RRA 24" Varminter

The RRA lower is a couple months old, but the PRS stock, Hogue grip, RRA 2-stage trigger, and 24" RRA Varmint upper are new. I have a 6-24x40MM Redhead scope on it that works pretty good. Put about 100 rounds threw her today, and she is accurate!

RRA_24_2.jpg

RRA_24_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom