• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2008

Well, I guess I'm the first. I don't know what this is, but I bought it for the scope.
DSC02157.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

Actually, I do know what it is. Mauser action, M1917 barrel (30-06), double set triggers, Gerard scope.

Well I picked this up today, but I did the deal yesterday so I could still get in on the rebate for $50 and 2 mags.

IMG_0712.jpg

Amongst all of us we have quite a collection of these M&Ps! You should enjoy it! Takes a while to get the rebate - or the mags - but they come...in their own time.

Does it count if I really bought the gun in 1981? Well... OK, I did sell it to my best friend back in 1993 (and old-timers here on NES will have heard me endlessly bitch, piss and moan about how stupid I was to sell my first gun...).

However... he IS my best friend, so he swapped me for my Model 66. And now, without any further ado, ladies and gentlemen... My First Gun, a Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 .357 Magnum revolver:

DSC00978.jpg

Yeah, it's a horrible pic. I'll take a better one tomorrow, but I just got her back a couple of hours ago, so I couldn't wait to post this. And I know that the 66 is probably worth more than a 19, and I do not give a tinker's damn. This is My. First. Gun. Purchased in May of 1981 from J&J Guns in Bayonne, NJ by a 21 year old kid with his very first purchase permit clutched in his sweaty little Dwarven hands.

Uh... am I gloating too much? Sorry. It's the codeine. Anyway, we will NOT be parted again. You can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Congrats on getting it back Ross. I'd like to pick up a 19 as my first revolver.

There are 3 of 'em on Four Seasons' website. Expensive, though... one is $450 and the other two are listed at $550. I suspect that that is the law of supply and demand coming into play, though, as the 19 is NOT on the EOPS list. [sad]

My last purchase for a while. New truck payment is taking up gun funds so I figured I'd get something pricey.

Romanian AES10B with heavy barrel.

100_0648.jpg

100_0650.jpg

I already had the Romanian drum and what better rifle to put it on than one of these?! [smile]
I'll probably swap the cheesy Romanian stiff leather sling for one of the Romanian green canvas ones and maybe I'll get a low end POSP scope for it since it has the side rail.

There are 3 of 'em on Four Seasons' website. Expensive, though... one is $450 and the other two are listed at $550. I suspect that that is the law of supply and demand coming into play, though, as the 19 is NOT on the EOPS list. [sad]

Actually, those prices seem in line with gunbroker prices in free states. The model 19 was discontinued in 1999. I'm trying to figure out from S&Ws website if they still make a K frame 357 and what the model is, but the site is a confusing maze.

Nice, Good luck with it. I got the same one. Get a trigger job and get shooting.

Thanks, but I don't think it will require a trigger job. I live in NH, so I got the 6.5 lb. free state trigger pull.

Unfortunately I have plans this weekend and work is very busy, so I won't get a chance to put any rounds through until next weekend.

Actually, those prices seem in line with gunbroker prices in free states. The model 19 was discontinued in 1999. I'm trying to figure out from S&Ws website if they still make a K frame 357 and what the model is, but the site is a confusing maze.

Looks like the models 619 and 620 are the successors to the Model 66, which was the stainless version of the Model 19.

I technically got this last month... but hadn't taken pictures until now.

I've been wanting one of these for a while... and found a great one!

S&W Model 60... I threw some nice Eagle Secret Service grips on her.

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6788.jpg

IMG_6841.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

My daughter has been bugging me to get something she can shoot when we go to the range so today I found two she can shoot. The first is a new Walther P22 carbon look and the second is a lightly used Ruger 10/22 with a Tasco Scope.

Ruger1022WaltherP22001.jpg

Ruger1022WaltherP22002.jpg

Ruger1022WaltherP22003.jpg

Ruger1022WaltherP22004.jpg

Ruger1022WaltherP22005.jpg

Delivered on the 1st but first chance I've had to take pics...1942 Enfield #4 Mk1 Farzakeley. Inexpensive project gun. It is already in pieces in my basement stripped, cleaned and reblued with the stripped stock drying in the furnace room waiting for a new finish.
DSCF0971.jpg

DSCF0970.jpg

DSCF0972.jpg

My daughter has been bugging me to get something she can shoot when we go to the range so today I found two she can shoot. The first is a new Walther P22 carbon look and the second is a lightly used Ruger 10/22 with a Tasco Scope.

Would you be my daddy, huh, huh? Pretty neat - sure she will luv'em![grin]

...And I know that the 66 is probably worth more than a 19, and I do not give a tinker's damn.[/B][/I]

You know, every time I make a trade I think I come up on the short end of the actual $ value of the guns being traded. And I also could care less about it. I always want the incoming gun much more than I want the outgoing gun and the person at the other end of the trade is always happy cause they "think" they are getting a good trade. That's the best kind of trade when both sides come away satisfied. Glad you were able to get your hands back on it. I need to start thinking about my own May acquisition. I'm thinking it will be black and polymer...
-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom