• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2008

My first AR:

DSCN1422_2.jpg

To hold me over until the NES lowers come in! Then maybe I'll sell it... or make a 2nd one... [devil]

I have other Relics but this was my first shipped to my house. After a grueling work week and a hectic 2 hour ride home in traffic, besides seeing my girl and dogs, the sight of a package made it all worth it. Enfield GRI 1949 No1 Mk3
P5230479.jpg

The new TC looks sweet. Why do they put the rear sight out on the barrel? The 10/22 does this too, and it was the first thing I changed. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want the longest sight radius you could.

The new TC looks sweet. Why do they put the rear sight out on the barrel? The 10/22 does this too, and it was the first thing I changed. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want the longest sight radius you could.

Thanks, can't wait to shoot it...as for the site position, it is either out there to make room for a scope or TC more than we do, putting it forward for ergos. All I know is, I won't change a thing. When I shoulder that rifle its a perfect fit and eye ball down sight is no different, imo, the sight seems right where it should be.

Krebs Custom KTR-08

05_22_0.jpg

05_22_1.jpg

may be the most evil AK out there...pretty plain right now but i need to get a red dot on there and some kind of vertical grip and flashlight combo...only problem is i cant get the damn rail panels off...i think i broke my thumb tryin to get the bottom one off and it wont budge!

close up of the optics rail

05_22_2.jpg

Two words------ BAD ASS

I went to an auction last night and got all this for $40.
1 Ram line 50 round mag for a Ruger
1 30 round tommy gun amg with ammo
2 5.56 AK mags
3 30 round M1 carbine mags
2 15 round M1 varbine mags with pouch and ammo
2 1911 mags with holder.

I think I got a good deal and I have guns for all these mags.

DSC04872.jpg

My New (And First) Firearm Purchase, A Sig Mosquito

Here it is after its first trip to the range, firing 200 rounds without a hiccup. After a good cleaning, I took a few pictures. Can't wait to get back to the range with a few more variants of .22LR ammunition. I started out with CCI Mini-Mags and followed up with Winchester Wildcats.

DSC00331-1.jpg

Just be very, very careful...

(C 269 S 10) "whoever owns, possesses or carries on his person, or carries on his person or under his control in a vehicle, a sawed-off shotgun, as defined in said section one hundred and twenty-one of said chapter one hundred and forty, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life, or for any term of years"

The definition of a sawed-off shotgun is pretty clear. My gun, and others that where made by the original manufacturer as SBSs or AOWs, aren't sawed-off shotguns, as defined in chapter 140 section 121. ATF NFA Branch is in the business of knowing state laws that apply to NFA items, and won't approve for MA residents Form 1s to make, or Form 4s to transfer, any shotguns that meet the MA definition of a sawed-off shotgun.

Also, there is no exemption for law enforcement agencies, etc, in the MA law. If my gun wasn't MA legal, the PD I got it from would have been in violation.

--EasyD

EasyD so its legal to own SBS if the short barrel is factory produced? So I gather that I can SBS Remington 870's Mossberg 590's and benelli super 90's since they have factory barrels less then 18"? Do they need to come out of the factory in SBS config or just have factory produced parts?

EasyD so its legal to own SBS if the short barrel is factory produced? So I gather that I can SBS Remington 870's Mossberg 590's and benelli super 90's since they have factory barrels less then 18"? Do they need to come out of the factory in SBS config or just have factory produced parts?

The whole gun must come out of the factory in SBS or AOW form.

Benelli is not an option in MA. The GCA of 1968 banned the import of "non-sporting" firearms, including all NFA, except for a few exceptions (LE mostly). Benelli USA works around that by bringing in all there shotguns with 18" barrels, and then registering and cutting them down once they're here. Even even go so far as to have the barrels made with the sights in the correct place for the final product, but with extra barrel there to make up the length requirement.

--EasyD

Here it is after its first trip to the range, firing 200 rounds without a hiccup. After a good cleaning, I took a few pictures. Can't wait to get back to the range with a few more variants of .22LR ammunition. I started out with CCI Mini-Mags and followed up with Winchester Wildcats.

DSC00331-1.jpg

Nice Sig Mosquito ~ Make It In Mass ~ just wondering where your hiding the range report targets? [grin]

6Hold, I was punching holes in paper, but I am still working on where about 25% of my shots went at 15 yards. I need a larger target, LOL. I suspect high-to-the-left, so I need to work on my trigger pull. After I get a bit more range time in, I'll be happy to post some results. Thanks for the notice.

Back
Top Bottom