• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2008

Just picked up this baby on friday. Jennings j22 shoots great doesnt look to pretty.

100_2055.jpg

100_2053.jpg

100_2051.jpg

I have some catching up to do.

Ok guys bear with me I have some catching up to do.

New to me G21 that I traded with a forum member.

002.jpg

Here she is with the rest of the family. G21, G17, G26 and a gas powered airsoft G19 that I played with.

005.jpg

New to me Sig Sauer P228. Supposedly a Canadian Police trade in but i haven't been able to confirm that yet. Im going to send it out to get refinished reverse two tone.

003.jpg

New DPMS. AP4 Ar-15. I love this thing. I put a CAA grip on it and it feels like heaven.

001.jpg

New Remmington 597 in .22lr with a nine power scope that followed me home today. This thing is cool. Olive Drab synthetic stock with a ten round magazine.

004.jpg

How did i do???

Last edited:
Ok guys bear with me I have some catching up to do.

New to me G21 that I traded with a forum member.

Here she is with the rest of the family. G21, G17, G16 and a gas powered airsoft G19 that I played with.

New to me Sig Sauer P228. Supposedly a Canadian Police trade in but i haven't been able to confirm that yet. Im going to send it out to get refinished reverse two tone.

New DPMS. AP4 Ar-15. I love this thing. I put a CAA grip on it and it feels like heaven.

New Remmington 597 in .22lr with a nine power scope that followed me home today. This thing is cool. Olive Drab synthetic stock with a ten round magazine.

How did i do???
Nice collection - great collection - one of these days I will get a Glock, it's on my list. Very impressive - thanks for sharing.

Finally got to take her out to Harvard this morning and afternoon. Ahh... that was fun. Sighted her in and then gave her some exercise on the plates at the 25 yard range. PING!PING!PING!PING!PING! and they all fall down. [banana] What a nice day.

I can feel the love - great post, Ross![grin]

DSCN2449-1.jpg

DSCN2464-1.jpg

DSCN2468-1.jpg

DSCN2475-1.jpg

DSCN2453-1.jpg

A number of years ago a couple buddies and I were at the range shooting different guns when (they weren’t members yet) one said, “Is it okay if I shoot my black powder (BP) gun?” I said sure, if we all can give it a go too.

Well this gun he dragged out was something that just got my heart a thumping. I hardly ever shoot BP but the look of this rascal and the heft of it was almost too much to take. To make it even more of a want was the accuracy of that shootin-iron, it shot as accurate as best of the other guns we used that day.

Money was kind of tight at the time but I always kept an eye open for a decent used one through the years. Well NES came through again, just the gun I had wished for but even better…it was S.S.! I know the open sight “Ruger Old Army” is worth more but I always want adjustable sights when I can get them. This rascal was brand new in the box with all the papers and at a more than decent price so I grabbed it.

It will be probably some time before I can try it out but just having it in my possession is more than enough for now. I guess if you wait long enough and are lucky enough things come to pass. That, of course, is my new baby above, thank you NES and Phil.

Last edited:

Packingungal ~ BIG D ~ many thanks for the kind words folks.

As far as a center-fire cylinder for the Ruger Old Army Pilgrim, I just saw one on Ebay the other day I believe (45 long-Colt) but I can’t seem to locate it now. I think they wanted $260 or so for it, which isn’t too awful steep, I guess. Maybe it was on one of the other auction gun sites I don’t recall.

dwarven1 ~ I'm not really one for dressing in costume or carrying that gun in a holster but you had good idea on the watch chain or fob, it might just work out okay.

My new M1 Carbine.
DSCF0998.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

If you look back a few pages you see this started life as a new Ruger 10/22 plus this stuff.
DSCF0994.jpg

Lots of fitting and still some tweeking to do but I sure was alot of fun at the range tonight!
And it will get alot more use than the Savage Rifle I sold to fund it that just sat in the safe!!

It is an replacement beech stock (Italian I think)...worthless to the owner and it was being tossed since he got a legit M1 stock to replace it on his carbine. So I guess the answer is yes and no.

I only got 3 this month for myself. The first one is a Wise Lite Arm semi-auto PPSH41. This was my birthday present to me. I guess I thought I was good and deserved it. Good going me.

DSC04869.jpg

The 2nd one is a Norinco 213 in 9mm. It is a Chinese copy of a Russain TT-33. It was cheap and I like these guns.

DSC04871.jpg

And the third on is one that I was going to sell at my shop, but I just couldn't bring myself to sell it. So it is mine now. It is a Navy arms recration of a Mauser Broomhandle carbine.

DSC04870.jpg

two evil black guns in one week!

Krebs Custom KTR-08

05_22_0.jpg

05_22_1.jpg

may be the most evil AK out there...pretty plain right now but i need to get a red dot on there and some kind of vertical grip and flashlight combo...only problem is i cant get the damn rail panels off...i think i broke my thumb tryin to get the bottom one off and it wont budge!

close up of the optics rail

05_22_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom