New Acquisitions for October 2010

Derek with a Glock, whats next? Cats and Dogs living together?! The new MA AG removes the consumer protection rules on handguns?! Oh the possibilities!

I actually know several cat/dog pairs that coexist quite well. Even in my relatively short time on NES I've learned that:

Derek + Glock = [shocked]

Congrats on the purchase. New competition gun?

Not picture worthy, but my 900 rounds of XM193 5.56 were waiting for me when I got home on Friday evening.

Now I just have to find time to get to the range.

I got a new Mec-gar 10 round mag for my P226 in a partial exchange for a defective Wilson Combat mag I had gotten through MidwayUSA. Couple more Mec-gars, belt, holster, mag carriers, and I am ready for USPSA! [grin] Oh and tons of 9mm to practice haha

While Derek was in the Tupperware Dept. I decided that I need more blued steel wrapped in walnut
4dbddd54.jpg

My first K31 is fitted with a Schmidt & Bender 10x42, so now I have one to shoot with iron sights.

Thanks, Ken!
Be assured, the name tag is the first thing I'll check for after picking up the rifle.
However, "down the Strasse" would be in between 200 and 400 miles.

If I hadn't won this auction at a relatively low price I would have gone after the seller's 2nd K31 on auction, which ended just 6 minutes later. That was for a pristine "Aufruestkarabiner", a K31 rebuilt to "as new" condition by a Swiss gunsmith. The latter sold for a surprisingly low price.
The seller also had approx. 1,000 rounds of MEN manufactured .303 British, which sold for more money than the 2 K31's combined[sad2]

ARE YOU KIDDING...come on guys! There are 7 guns pictured on 5 pages of October and 3 are on the first page!! I saw 5 pages and got all excited seeing as September was a slow month!!

Less chat! More PICS!! Somebody has to be spending money somewhere!!

Oh yeah...my kid just grabbed a Ruger SR9c.
sr9c.jpg

Thanks to a bunch of generous NES members I picked up this from Manchester Firing Line today. [grin]

g34_1.jpg

I'll shoot it next weekend.

I have a 34 and its the best pistol I've ever owned by far. Its very accurate, even in my hands and its reliable as hell. It puts my 92FS to shame in every aspect.

10 shots @ 10 yards. [shocked]

g34tenyards.jpg

Sooooo did you like it?

Yeah I am impressed. I still cringe when I pull the trigger knowing it may be my last breath, but I can't argue with the results.

Worlds really have collided...Nothing makes sense to me anymore - nothing....

Nes_MMA013copy.jpg

Non-firearm acquisition this month... KABAR BK2 Campanion
This is one serious pig sticker...the moment it was in hand, I knew I was holding quality. Cant wait to use it. :D

DSC02940.jpg

DSC02942.jpg

So, I just bought my second 1911 this week.

I used to own this Colt Government Series 70, but I decided to let it go when the "Big O" got into office and I picked up another AR as a possible investment. I bought this gun in it's original state from an old friend, and I never should have let it go. I always told myself I would buy the gun back, as soon as I got the money. Well by the time I had the cash, the gun was sold to another NES'r. Well, the gun went up for sale again and this time I wasn't going to let it pass me by.

Here is a picture courteous of Mr. Derr (who did the work) as the gun sits today, minus the grips.
Roncone11_op_800x579.jpg

Though I really liked the gun in it's original state, and I was bummed when I learned the gun had been customized, I am really glad that the work was done. This gun was a safe queen when I let her go, but now she's a damn good looking shooter. I am looking forward to throwing some lead down range with this gem.

[cheers]

Thanks, Ken!
Be assured, the name tag is the first thing I'll check for after picking up the rifle.
However, "down the Strasse" would be in between 200 and 400 miles.

No name tag[sad2], but the rifle is in as-new condition[grin].
It was born in 1955 but the stock is marked IV 37 under the butt plate.
Seems like the Swiss had some time to let the walnut age[grin]

Back
Top Bottom