• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for September 2008!

I would like to take this opportunity to extend my most sincere thanks to those on this site who have chosen not to "go green" and become NES Members.

Because if you had, there is a good chance that you may have acquired this 1939 Tula 91/30 in unbelievable great condition for $64 in the Members Group Buy instead of me. Your generosity and sacrifice is greatly appreciated!

Another great pic, OnTheRoad - nice acquisition!![grin]

Saiga

Not a "new" purchase, but my "Saiganov" stock came in yesterday. I was so excited I snapped this lousy pic from my phone. i will replace it this weekend with a better one.
Saiga .308 16" barrel.

Attachments

• saiga.jpg
    saiga.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 78
***Spike's 22lr Range Report***

All I can say is...WOW. The upper fit super tight on my RRA lower. Out of 569 rounds I had only two FTE. One in the beginning (after about 50 rounds) and then one at the end.

Over 400 of the rounds I shot were rapid fire.

Accuracy was very good (certainly not as accurate as .223 at 50 yards).

Of special interest to me I noted that the recoil was enough to take me off my sight picture. That is an important benefit as the purpose of the rifle is to assist my training with the real thing.

***Spike's 22lr Range Report***

All I can say is...WOW. The upper fit super tight on my RRA lower. Out of 569 rounds I had only two FTE. One in the beginning (after about 50 rounds) and then one at the end.

Over 400 of the rounds I shot were rapid fire.

Accuracy was very good (certainly not as accurate as .223 at 50 yards).

Of special interest to me I noted that the recoil was enough to take me off my sight picture. That is an important benefit as the purpose of the rifle is to assist my training with the real thing.

What'd you use for ammo?

Thanks

Looks like my next purchase will be this upper.... Next question... is there anything that needs to be done to a lower to make it work or can i stick that on my stag and go to town???? Does the upper come with the bolt carrier group and all.. magazine adapter etc???

Looks like my next purchase will be this upper.... Next question... is there anything that needs to be done to a lower to make it work or can i stick that on my stag and go to town???? Does the upper come with the bolt carrier group and all.. magazine adapter etc???

when it arrives...just pop it on.

everything you need comes with it...

uses full sized black dog mags (10 round limit for mass)...no adapter needed.

This thing is just begging to pump 10,000 rounds the first year [smile]

My new toy

Here's a pic of my new toy( actually a pic a lifted off Auto Burst, identical to mine except for the full auto ability). It's a Springfield Armory BM 59 Alpini model in .308. And no it's not an M1A. It has all the cool features: folding stock, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, and flash hider![smile] This thing is too cool even for me>[rolleyes]

Attachments

• BM59A.jpg
    BM59A.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 138
Here's a pic of my new toy( actually a pic a lifted off Auto Burst, identical to mine except for the full auto ability). It's a Springfield Armory BM 59 Alpini model in .308. And no it's not an M1A. It has all the cool features: folding stock, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, and flash hider![smile] This thing is too cool even for me>[rolleyes]
Interesting! Where did you get it?

IMG_0312.jpg

Beretta 950 .25 acp.

one of the most interesting posts I've seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.

One of the most interesting acquisitions I've seen in recently. Thanks for sharing.

Been a good Sept so far, got the A1 grip in the mail today, slickside Colt 604 upper, chrome slickside bolt, 1/12 chrome 20" Goverment profile bbl. Springfield Arms GI 45 on Thur.
earlyar.jpg

Last edited:
Great little gun shop in Winsted CT.
Semi Auto on Main St., Jerry is great guy, decent selection of guns, ammo and reloading suppies, not far from the MA border, good prices too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshoresig
Here's a pic of my new toy( actually a pic a lifted off Auto Burst, identical to mine except for the full auto ability). It's a Springfield Armory BM 59 Alpini model in .308. And no it's not an M1A. It has all the cool features: folding stock, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, and flash hider! This thing is too cool even for me>

Interesting! Where did you get it?

I got it at Fat Cat Sports in Bridgewater. He has some cool stuff right now, PS90, a couple of Valmets, a Norinco AK, some HK's, etc. If your in the area check him out.

Here are my new additions. First is a Brazos Custom 2011 race gun w/C-More optic built in .38 super. This gun will not be a safe queen. This is my USPSA open gun.

Brazos007-1.jpg

Brazos001-1.jpg

Brazos010.jpg

2nd is an STI Trojan in 9mm with a Techwell magwell. Still need to add a fiber optic front site. This will be my IDPA single stack gun.

Trojan024.jpg

Trojan014.jpg

I thought this was a pretty cool pic so I thought I would post it.

Brazos016.jpg

Enjoy,
Pete

Nice Pete, That Trojan is sweet, much better than the one Matt offered for sale[grin] You gonna bring it up Wed night, I might have to come up and see it

Nice Pete, That Trojan is sweet, much better than the one Matt offered for sale[grin] You gonna bring it up Wed night, I might have to come up and see it

I actually won't be there tomorrow night because my wife has class so I have to watch the little porkchop!!! It sucks cause I haven't shot this gun yet. I'm going to hit the range on Thursday afternoon so I'll try it out then. The gun is def. well built and the frame to slide fight is really tight. It locks up nicely and I love the way it looks with the Techwell grips and magwell. Not that I'm into the bling bling looking guns or anything. LOL

Pete

Not that I'm into the bling bling looking guns or anything. LOL

Pete

I am still waiting for you to show up to a match with gold teeth in your grill! [rofl]

Sweet pistol. I really like that single stack magwell. Can you use a mag well like that in IDPA? I know sometimes the IDPA folks get a little bent over performance enhancing accessories (at least that has been my experience the couple of times I went to shoot a match). You may have to bring that one to the match on Sunday too so I can check it out.

ESP allows:
"Beveled magazine well and add-on well extensions." as long as it "Fits in the IDPA gun test box measuring 8 ¾” x 6” x 1 5/8” with an empty magazine inserted."

Back
Top Bottom