New Acquisitions - June 2015

IMG_02221.jpg

My new camp knife, Schrade's Little Ricky. It brings out my inner Crocadile Dundee.

So that's the LITTLE Ricky? Yikes.

The last piece of the puzzle for my latest 6.5 build.
PIC_0018.jpg
Burris XTR2 2-10x42 FFP with LaRue mount. The best part of all this is I got another thing of Dillo Dust.....that stuff is freakin awesome.

Not a gun but scored a sweet deal on Brass cased 7.62x39 for indoor use and possible future reloading. It was to cheap not to buy.

yeh damn.. i have never seen that much brass ak ammo in my life...

yeah brand new non corrosive even has sealed primers. was an absolute no brainer.

Nice jron! 3250 new friends [smile]

I wish! I did pick up a ton of golden tiger too. but these are only 20 round boxes so only 1280 friends

Last edited:
yeah brand new non corrosive even has sealed primers. $5.99 a box was an absolute no brainer.

Be careful if shooting that through an SKS or AK. There's a high risk of slam fires when using commercial ammo. I've had it happen with that brand before.

Be careful if shooting that through an SKS or AK. There's a high risk of slam fires when using commercial ammo. I've had it happen with that brand before.

commercial ammo? all steel cased is commercial, never had any issue with any of that. at least ammo related let the sks firing pin get gunked up real good and had a slam fire.

commercial ammo? all steel cased is commercial, never had any issue with any of that. at least ammo related let the sks firing pin get gunked up real good and had a slam fire.

Steel cased ammo is military spec made in Russia, Ukraine, etc with hard primers for use in military rifles. US manufactured brass 7.62x39 is often commercial meaning soft primers. That's where the issue of slam fires comes in.

When you're shooting an SKS, the firing pin is pressing against the primer as the round us being chambered. If you're using ammo made with soft primers, you risk a slam fire.

Last edited:
Steel cased ammo is military spec made in Russia, Ukraine, etc with hard primers for use in military rifles. US manufactured brass 7.62x39 is often commercial meaning soft primers. That's where the issue of slam fires comes in.

When you're shooting an SKS, the firing pin is pressing against the primer as the round us being chambered. If you're using ammo made with soft primers, you risk a slam fire.

Ok now I see where you are coming from. It's going to be through an ak for the occasional indoor trips.

Ray, would the same hold true for the PPU brass cased ammo, I got a bunch of it. I have fired it in my Ruger scout but not my AK or SKS's

I'm curious how your AK or SKS will treat the brass upon firing/ejecting. I wonder how many reloads you could get out of a x39 brass case. Your reloads will definitely cost more per round compared to the cheap steel cased ammo. Unless you cast your own bullets, you're going to pay at least 18-20 cents per bullet, then cost of powder and primers. But if it's the only stuff you can shoot indoors, maybe it might be worthwhile?

Anyway, congrats on getting a good deal on brass x39 ammo! [thumbsup] I would imagine it will shoot cleaner and more accurately than the steel cased stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom