New Acquisitions - June 2015

Not a gun, but definitely cool in my eyes. Picked up a custom Greg Lightfoot Bullwhip.

1261fe3e6bc0dd0e991bc91840868b93.jpg

shipwreck - DTOM

Steel cased ammo is military spec made in Russia, Ukraine, etc with hard primers for use in military rifles. US manufactured brass 7.62x39 is often commercial meaning soft primers. That's where the issue of slam fires comes in.

When you're shooting an SKS, the firing pin is pressing against the primer as the round us being chambered. If you're using ammo made with soft primers, you risk a slam fire.

I had the same issue until I installed a spring loaded firing pin.

Another non gun purchase. With the oldest moving into my '04 Tahoe, as he gets his license, I finally got to look for a new vehicle for myself. Ended up with a 2015 Jeep Rubicon in Anvil Gray. I went with a 2-door, as it will be my vehicle and I rarely carry anyone (we'll have the Tahoe and my wife's Traverse for shuttling the entire family).

Doors are coming off as soon as I get my mirrors (that attach to the windshield frame). Can't wait to get it over to Nantucket this summer!

Jeep%201_zpsy7bbtz4e.jpg

jeep%202_zps5n6ac0bf.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Another non gun purchase. With the oldest moving into my '04 Tahoe, as he gets his license, I finally got to look for a new vehicle for myself. Ended up with a 2015 Jeep Rubicon in Anvil Gray. I went with a 2-door, as it will be my vehicle and I rarely carry anyone (we'll have the Tahoe and my wife's Traverse for shuttling the entire family).

Doors are coming off as soon as I get my mirrors (that attach to the windshield frame). Can't wait to get it over to Nantucket this summer!

Jeep%201_zpsy7bbtz4e.jpg

jeep%202_zps5n6ac0bf.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Jelly, I sold my blue Rubicon 4 years ago and I still miss her.

Thanks for looking,

Chris

I've driven my 02 Wrangler every summer, topless and doorless with only the rear view windshield mirror and never had a problem. It's even passed state inspection like that.

Jeep%201_zpsy7bbtz4e.jpg

jeep%202_zps5n6ac0bf.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris
Very nice

Not a gun but scored a sweet deal on Brass cased 7.62x39 for indoor use and possible future reloading. It was to cheap not to buy.

Damn, that much 7.62x39 boxer primed brass... I'd probably finally spring for a Mini-30 (which I hear has issues with steel cased ammo - primers too hard?)

Grabbed my first wheel gun for a steal from my buddies at the minuteman armory.

1965 colt official police in 38 spl

Not the best finish but i dont care!

uploadfromtaptalk1434679253256.jpg

An almost 100 year old kukri from IMA as it came,and after I cleaned it up.

Attachments

• 20150618_181002.jpg
    20150618_181002.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20150618_153925.jpg
    20150618_153925.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Nice Kukri! I traded some Gurkhas a Gerber multitool for one in Kosovo in 1999, and it's been a favorite ever since./.

Lately I've been indulging my .455 fetish, but I walked into FS yesterday and absolutely could not pass this up. I've been EDCing a P238 for a couple years, and have been looking to upgrade; FS marked these down something fierce, so I just had to. A brand-new P938 for under $550...

I stuck the Hogues on immediately; can't wait to go shooting. Might just be another P238 up for sale soon...

Got my '55 pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina back Saturday on my Birthday after 10 months in shop for a major overhaul. It's not quite done yet - needs a new wiring harness to fix numerous electrical glitches - will do that this winter. Car has 32 factory options and accessories; PS, PB, 4 speed Hydramatic, AC, 4 barrel Carter carburetor (power pack).

T

Attachments

• DSCN3394.jpg
    DSCN3394.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN3392.jpg
    DSCN3392.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN3400.jpg
    DSCN3400.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN3397.jpg
    DSCN3397.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 68
Got my '55 pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina back Saturday on my Birthday after 10 months in shop for a major overhaul. It's not quite done yet - needs a new wiring harness to fix numerous electrical glitches - will do that this winter. Car has 32 factory options and accessories; PS, PB, 4 speed Hydramatic, AC, 4 barrel Carter carburetor (power pack).

T

Real nice Tim!

T
You have great taste in collectibles .

New Tactical Solutions barrel for my Ruger 1022, just because...

That's tape to avoid scratching it:
1022.1.jpg

And fitted back in the frame, (tough job there - one bolt):
1022.2.jpg

It's just a terrifically fun gun to shoot.

That is a sweet looking car.

T

SWEET, very jelly!

Lol thanks. It was drenched in that protectant oil which was good since it's all stainless.

Trigger has a little bit of takeup in it but I think I just need to mess around with the trigger screw?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom