New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ya'll!

I'm new around here, actually I've been lurking for awhile reading as many posts as I can.

I'm a navy brat (dad's a retired senior cheif machinist mate, 24yrs) and I've been moving around the country my whole life. I moved to Boston a couple of years ago to go to Berklee college of Music but I live on the North Shore now; got sick of living in the middle of downtown Boston. I'm a 21 year old Eagle Scout and a record producer by trade. I'm looking forward to joining a club around here and enjoying the shooting sports in my new home state, hopefully I'll meet some of ya'll in the process!

Urj

Welcome to all the new members that have registered in the last few days! Enjoy NES.

New member checking in.......

Hi folks,
found your website by backtracking from HKPro website...glad I did. It is nice to hear from some locals; on most of the other boards I visit the New Englanders are few and far between. I browsed around a bit and recognized a few familiar names... I know Lynn and Ed, Walter and Steve H from TRFKABT (thats The Range Formerly Known As Bobs Tactical![laugh]) I prolly will recognize a few more familiar faces as I get acclimated. I currently am a member of Pelham Fish and Game in Pelham, New Hampster. I did belong to Londonderry F&G for a couple of years but switched to Pelham last year. From 1987 to 1993 I belonged to Braintree R&G (I lived in Brookline at the time). For you Mainers I was also a member of Hiram Maxim Historical Society in Dover Foxcroft through the 1990's until they went TU. Well, I guess thats enough 'bout me...I'm thinking of shooting wed nite at Manchester Firing Line; anybody else going? over and out, jim

hello
my name is victor. i am intrested in learing about obtaining my LTC. i want to get a bersa thunder .380 for home and business protection. i will most likely want to carry it conceled to not draw too much attention to myself. i help my sister run a small resturant where i make alot of large cash deposits. i choose the bersa .380 awhile back. i read some pretty good reviews on it using an aftermarket clip. i have absolutly no gun experence. i have never fired a firearm of any type. ill be looking around for the best deals on trainnig courses in the natick/framingham/southboro area. if any members have any info shoot me a message (no pun intended)

Victor, welcome to the forum.

Please set your UserCP to show ALL Threads and peruse the Gun Laws forum. Especially the Stickies . . . they will give you the info you need wrt getting your LTC.

Also peruse the forum on Firearms, Ammo & Equipment and you will find numerous threads on how to select a gun for new shooters. Keywords like "First" or "Newbie" should work in Advanced Search (search the thread TITLES).

A .380 is NOT an easy/pleasant gun to shoot, compared to other calibers. I used to carry .380 exclusively for personal protection and now it rarely sees the outside of my safe.

I find my 1911 .45ACP to be much more controllable to shoot and less perceived recoil than any of my .40S&W guns (which I also like).

You need to get some experience shooting before determining which gun based on looks and size. I know because I've bought a few based on size and looks and regretted it!

When you say that you are looking for the "best deals" on training, I'm not sure what you are looking for. You need a course to get your LTC, this is a legal requirement. You can choose to take the cheapest and just get the piece of paper, or you can choose a course with the best instructor to learn from . . . it might cost more, but learning something useful is worthwhile. NONE of the state approved courses will teach you anything about carrying a concealed firearm or about shooting under stress.

You should join GOAL, www.goal.org and they offer the state required courses as well as "The Art of Concealed Carry" course. IMNSHO, you need to get some real shooting experience under your belt before taking any course on shooting under stress (others may disagree, but I don't feel these are for rookies due to the need for ingrained safety habits on a "hot range"). When you are ready for that, you can't beat the courses given by www.neshooters.com

HTH

Stranded Islander checking in...

Hello folks. I have been lurking for a while and getting some good info.
I am an active hunter and shooter,with limited opportunities here on Nantucket but I do manage to get off to "America" every once in a while.
Former FFL holder who got Clintonized, but I guess in a way that is just as well.
Dont need any more scrutiny in this state as a gun owner than I already have.
So, I hope to be a good neighbor, so to speak. Im no expert but Ive had lots of experience!
Forgive me if I get a little riled up every once in a while, Ill work on that.
Wife says Im just plain ornery or stupid sometimes and I guess that she is right every once in a while.
Well, thanks for having me!.
Plural.

my name is victor. i am intrested in learing about obtaining my LTC. i want to get a bersa thunder .380 for home and business protection.
Victor, I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think that you can get the Bersa Thunder new in this benighted state. You may want to look at a compact 9mm of some sort instead. (S&W and Beretta make some)

Oh, and welcome to the board!

Hey, new here also. My name's Matt from Southeastern, MA. Just took up shooting in the past year and have my LTC-A and C&R.

Finally joined a range in Rochester, MA.

Been browsing the forum for the past few days, and decided to join up. Been an off and on shooter since I was a kid. Currently attending UNH Durham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom