• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Welcome Joe, thanks for your service and we hope you enjoy it here.

Use Advanced Search and you might find the many threads we've had on carry guns (some of that info can be useful in your quest). Good answers here are hard to come by, as a lot depends on what fits your hands best, method of dress, where/how you can carry it, etc.

Kudos if you actually got an ALP/None LTC out of Brockton . . . not an easy thing to do.

My name's Andre. I live in MA and work for DOC. I own three firearms legally, and I found this site on Goal.org and thought it would be a good place to get info on info, consulting, and updates on everything firearms.

Welcome Andre & pjcs92. Hope you enjoy it here.

Tons of info on licensing, laws, etc in the Gun Laws sub-forums. Many are Stickies and should be visible to you at the top of the forum lists.

My name's Andre. I live in MA and work for DOC. I own three firearms legally, and I found this site on Goal.org and thought it would be a good place to get info on info, consulting, and updates on everything firearms.

And how many do you own illegally? [smile]

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for supporting GOAL. Hope to see you green and at a shoot sometime.

And, welcome to everyone that I missed.

Hi everyone. I'm a new member at NES. Also in GOAL, NRA, and a club where I live. My name is Michelle. I started shooting over 20 years ago, but life got in the way, and I'm just getting back into it now. Thank you Derek for your help today! I'm looking for a .22 pistol for competition shooting, and would appreciate any info. Also, I'm looking for extra mags for my little, old 25, and a Marlin 22 rifle for my son. Any help is MUCH appreciated. Hoping to learn a lot from NES!!!

New to NES

Hello All:

I am New To NES, Just joined yesterday and activated today.
I am in Malden, MA...I install and Service electronic security controls, card swipe systems, electronic locking systems via computer control ect...Just applied for the LTC last week and waiting for it now...is it here yet?..Ring...Ring...Honey, Did I get any mail today??

Michael

Welcome Michelle and Michael and to the newbies I have missed. I am still new my self, I joined a little over a year ago thanks to Dave (dreppucci007) telling me about it and just became a member this month! This is a great site, everyone here is nice and very helpful.

THANKS AGAIN DAVE!!!

Welcome to Michelle and Michael! Hope you enjoy it here.

Michelle, to find the proper mags we'd need to know the exact model of gun. If you already have a mag for both and just looking for more, bringing your mags (mark them) to a gun show might find a mate to it.

As for looking for a target .22, how serious are you wrt target shooting, as prices run from ~$175 to >$1K.

For not too serious target .22, check out a used S&W 622 or 422 ($175-200), 41 (~$500), High Standard (original Hamden CT) models run $300-$750 (Victor is their top end model), Ruger ($200-350ish), Browning Buckmark (rare in MA but ~$300), etc.

What part of MA are you in? Most of us own a few of these models and would be willing to let you try them out to see what suits you, if you are in our area.

Four Seasons in Woburn is always a good bet to find a decent gun for .22 target shooting. Check their online listing of used guns, but call before venturing there as a lot of times something was sold and not removed from the online catalog.

I'm looking for a .22 pistol for competition shooting, and would appreciate any info.

Browning Buckmark (rare in MA but ~$300), etc.
There was a Browning Buckmark at Callaghan's in Marlboro last week when I was in. 508-481-2051 and tell him that Ross told you to call. (He'll probably go "Who?"... but maybe not, I've bought several guns from him)

And welcome to NES, Michael and Michelle!

And how many do you own illegally? [smile]

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for supporting GOAL. Hope to see you green and at a shoot sometime.

And, welcome to everyone that I missed.

I have these Surface to Air Missile launchers in my basement but I think those fall under exposive ordinance and not firearms...

JK! [smile]

"New Folk" reporting in as ordered[wink]
Glad to be among other law abiding, NRA supporting, riflemen and pistoleros. I am an old hand,former competitive shooter with 30 years experience. I am a serious devotee of the Patron Saint of firearms, John Moses Browning. I shoot and collect 1911's (no safe queens) if I own it, I shoot it.
I hope to be able to contribute a bit of knowledge and friendly banter .
Best regards,
Factfind

How's it going everyone? I've been shooting/carrying for years but I just heard about this sight from a friend. I look forward to checking it out, one question though do you need admin permission for a custom avatar?

Hi everybody, newbie checking in. This site was recommended to me by a friend so here I am. I live in Worcester; I have yet to obtain my FID or LTC. I actually own no firearms, yet... I turn 21 in a month and will be submitting my applications. [smile] Soon thereafter I intend to join the CMP and apply for a CRFFL. I am a member of the NRA, GOAL, JPFO, Arfcom and now NES [grin]

Back
Top Bottom