• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New panic buying 5.56/.223?

Yes, and that could be stated as having "More money than brains" or being "Poor planners" too. [laugh]

No matter how one looks at it, it is always smarter to buy when product is plentiful and prices are lower......but some people just never grasp the concept.
How many "ammo panics" have we been through in the past ten or so years? This isn't a new thing.[thumbsup]

Never understand why people continue to buy more of something they already have when prices are spiking.

Only thing I 'panic' (drunk) bought was IMI 77gr, which I dont regret

When that stuff was 1st imported, it was $.75 a round, everything else at the time like M193 was around $.25-$.30 a round IIRC

Maybe it was here in the states before that, but I never knew about it. This must have been at LEAST 10 years ago.

Anyways... the $.75 a round is just FYI when deciding whether or not it's a good time to buy more/stockpile. I buy when it drops below $1.00 :)

Talking with a friend in Central NY yesterday - 556 was ~$1000 per case of 1000 before the new ammo background check law was live. Still $650/case at SO.

Talking with a friend in Central NY yesterday - 556 was ~$1000 per case of 1000 before the new ammo background check law was live. Still $650/case at SO.
It wasn’t that long ago that Shooter’s Outpost has cases of 5.56 for $900. I’d like to think we all learned our lesson.

FYI

I’m doing an inventory of my ammo, buying new, bigger ammo cans due to space and while inspecting an order from May 2020 of SS109 with NATO Headstamp + LC19 - the bullet is XM193, non-magnetic and weight is light by 7-8 grains in loaded cartridges compared to magnetic SS109 with the same headstamp from an order a year earlier

Both orders were loose 1000ct

Acquiring ammo is always a smart move.
Not when you are buying at top of the market pricing during a panic.

I understand its easy for us older folks who have bought cheap and stacked deep during trump slump and have all they need to say that, which is me. But still......

It was just getting time to buy again.....I haven't bought seriously in nearly 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom