• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA Items - Picture thread

Wall of fun

View attachment 658508

Top row
Ruger Mark II integrally Suppressed barrel
Glock 17 with Fun Switch post sample
Ruger Mark IV with Ruger Silencer
Ruger Mark I SBR and integrally Suppressed barrel

row below top row and behind
12g 'pistol' with 5.75 inch barrel
KP-44 SBR with full auto post sample bolt

Next row
Semi Auto 1919A4 with post sample full auto bolt
M16A2 clone with 3rd burst
AR9 SBR with silencer
M1 Carbine, Full auto post sample
Uzi ,Full Auto post sample
PPS43 SBR with Full Auto post sample bolt
Cobray M11 transferable full auto
MP40P SBR

Bottom Row
AR9 Full Auto post sample
AR-15 Full Auto 10.5" barrel post sample
WWSD AR-15 full auto post sample
Mosin Nagant 91/30 SBR with 12.5 inch barrel
20g with 11 inch barrel
Ruger 10/22 with integrally suppressed barrel
Cobray CM11 SBR
Cobray Street Sweeper

Front row
Semi Auto MG42 with post sample full auto bolt
Sten Mark 2 full auto post sample
400,000,000 years in jail in MA. 😂😂😂

Enjoy the free state!

I’ve always wanted to do an HK USC to UMP conversion. In the end, the craftsmanship on this is pretty incredible, this conversion was done by Tommybuilt Tactical. This is the most authentic option thanks to a fellow NES’er who sold me a demilled UMP lower receiver at a non retarded price. I preserved the tagged stock he sent me to give it a real authentic look. Here it is dressed out with my SiCo O45K silencer.

491B4E19-4D6A-4505-B498-91D0104A9570.jpeg 62512B9C-FC26-4F10-8060-602E93B85CB6.jpeg

Last edited:
So for the Tommybuilt, you had to supply your own lower?

If you want the most authentic build you have to supply a demilled rear section with four inches of the receiver. They are usually cut through the port so almost any one will work. They are becoming more and more rare, sell over $900 on gun broker. You also need to source a trigger assembly, the three position ones aren’t imported anymore by HK, they also are very expensive, around $1,200. I decided to buy the two position off HKPARTS and save some money.

You can do a USC conversion without a demilled rear section, it’s called the block method. Tom talks about it in the linked video. Less authentic but you save some money and still get a cool conversion.

Tom has his own receiver now, if you go this way you get a really nice UMP but it’s not HK roll marked and he can’t add it. This wasn’t available when I started this project, I may have gone that route and saved some money.

If you decide you want to do this I will send you the NES’er with all the parts you need. He even has Navy full auto trigger groups and he sells them for half of the street price.

The video,

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrxK9hJT8k&feature=emb_logo

Am I being stupid for thinking about getting a Desert Tech MDRX to SBR with a Micron conversion?

It seems like it would be a great grab n’ go option if I need to evacuate the area. 11.5” barrel in a package that’s a half inch smaller than my collapsed 9” 300blk with sub-compact stock. And I can have a 16” 5.56 barrel and 20” 6.5 CM conversion in a bag to transform the 11.5” into something with more range whenever it get where I’m going. Not to mention it would be easy to use for home defense in my narrow hallways.

That said, I don’t particularly care for the company. And I’m pretty invested in AR infrastructure and spare parts. I don’t mind learning a new manual of arms, but a new parts supply for a gun that is intended to be more than a hobby gun and has limited parts availability in general is a tough nugget to swallow.

1E4B8B42-72B6-4037-A35B-3F412D167668.jpeg
C34801FB-025E-4120-8D48-C3F00D0A2F03.jpeg
EC2B72B4-9A30-45F9-ACC2-FB6EE9075378.jpeg

Am I being stupid for thinking about getting a Desert Tech MDRX to SBR with a Micron conversion?

It seems like it would be a great grab n’ go option if I need to evacuate the area. 11.5” barrel in a package that’s a half inch smaller than my collapsed 9” 300blk with sub-compact stock. And I can have a 16” 5.56 barrel and 20” 6.5 CM conversion in a bag to transform the 11.5” into something with more range whenever it get where I’m going. Not to mention it would be easy to use for home defense in my narrow hallways.

That said, I don’t particularly care for the company. And I’m pretty invested in AR infrastructure and spare parts. I don’t mind learning a new manual of arms, but a new parts supply for a gun that is intended to be more than a hobby gun and has limited parts availability in general is a tough nugget to swallow.

View attachment 662108
View attachment 662110
View attachment 662112
I’ve wanted to do the Desert Tech for a long time but I’ve never pulled the trigger. It’s a cool platform but I have to assume it’s still a bullpup trigger.

I’ve wanted to do the Desert Tech for a long time but I’ve never pulled the trigger. It’s a cool platform but I have to assume it’s still a bullpup trigger.
I frequently hear the trigger is

“great! …. For a bullpup.”

“Best bullpup trigger out there, but still a bullpup trigger.”

If you are willing to deal with conversion kits and shit anyways, why not just get an MCX? All AR mechanics, AR trigger, no stupid plastic bullpup body.

This a 6.75" barrel with my can on it, but it is roughly the same length as my 12.5" 556 barrel. 24" folded. Swap barrels in less then a minute, swap handguards in like 2 seconds. This one is set up for night shooting, but I have a slick carbon fiber handguard that I swap in for bush whacking during deer season. I do think I want a second upper receiver though, that way I don't have to dick with rezeroing optics when I go from 300blk to 556, that is just me being lazy, but also an other layer of modularity.

Sorry for the dust, it spends most of its time leaning against my nightstand.

20220915_115252.jpg

If you are willing to deal with conversion kits and shit anyways, why not just get an MCX? All AR mechanics, AR trigger, no stupid plastic bullpup body.

This a 6.75" barrel with my can on it, but it is roughly the same length as my 12.5" 556 barrel. 24" folded. Swap barrels in less then a minute, swap handguards in like 2 seconds. This one is set up for night shooting, but I have a slick carbon fiber handguard that I swap in for bush whacking during deer season. I do think I want a second upper receiver though, that way I don't have to dick with rezeroing optics when I go from 300blk to 556, that is just me being lazy, but also an other layer of modularity.

Sorry for the dust, it spends most of its time leaning against my nightstand.

View attachment 662123
Very nice.

I’ve been planning on converting that 9” 300blk SBR to a 6.75” 300blk MCX with a spare 11.5” and 16” 5.56 barrel for a couple years now. But they are almost never in stock. They finally started to get in stock this year… exactly at the same time Sig announced a new, lighter MCX that isn’t backwards compatible.

An MCX is still in the cards for that SBR lower though. The MDR would be extra. It can also convert from small frame 5.56 to large frame 308/6.5 CM which is neat to me.

I frequently hear the trigger is

“great! …. For a bullpup.”

“Best bullpup trigger out there, but still a bullpup trigger.”
a trigger on my tavor now is at 2.5-3# pull and it is quite very good. but, a 27" total length. and did cost perhaps a bit too much all in all to be worth it.
i still like it, though.

Please be a guinea pig for me and get the mdrx. I’m interested in the rifle but also don’t trust Desert Tech enough.

X95 superiority!
1C7A69E0-5F1C-461D-8EFE-0D1E40A6CEF6.jpeg

a trigger on my tavor now is at 2.5-3# pull and it is quite very good. but, a 27" total length. and did cost perhaps a bit too much all in all to be worth it.
i still like it, though.

Trigger quality isn’t all in the break but that’s def an improvement.

I’m thinking of adding an MPX to my subgun stable once I get the Siete setup.

Back
Top Bottom