NH gun owners - what do you do when in MA?

Really? Name ONE.

I remembered these two cases:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php/58357-Think-this-guy-is-screwed

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=262707&page=2

But on closer inspection it looks like I was wrong, they weren't completely FOPA compliant (although in their defense, they were pretty freaking close).

News flash: An interrogation by a cop at the side of the road is NOT a "legal hearing."

Your desperation is becoming more and more transparent.

Guess you missed the sarcasm. Obviously there's no one in a robe hearing your case, but the law is being decided.

The point that GSG seems to be trying to make is that not all cops are "gun people" who know the ins and outs of firearms laws. The typical cop making the typical traffic stop where guns are discovered will ask for a LTC or FID. If the driver and/or passenger cannot produce one, they will be arrested and booked in the usual manner. The fact that they may ultimately be vindicated in a court of law (FOPA as an affirmative defense) will not preclude such arrest and booking, which I think is what GSG is trying to avoid.

Exactly. Even if you beat all the charges in court, the towing fees, lost guns, legal fees, name in the newspapers and everything else that comes with the arrest will be a nightmare. The arrest will be possible because Mass. law has no FOPA provision for handguns, which was my original point that started all the fun in this thread.

The arrest will be possible because Mass. law has no FOPA provision for handguns, which was my original point that started all the fun in this thread.

BS when you first stated it; BS on your attempted rationalization now.

WRONG then; WRONG now.

Your inability to grasp the concept of Federal law, which renders your fixation upon how MA law "has no provisions for FOPA" indicates willful ignorance. I leave you to wallow in it.

So let me throw out another question. And I apologize in advance if this has been answered before, I have not seen it.

I often have to fly out of Logan. I sometimes bring a firearm or two while travelling for work. What would I have to do in order to comply with FOPA while tranporting my handgun through the People's Republik on my way to the airport?

Back
Top Bottom