No Guns For Pot Smokers

Yeah, thats a better expression of how bad it is

A lot of people don't understand that some guy who is a CDL driver can go to tinbuck 3 for 2 weeks, smoke a joint somewhere and have it show up in a hair follicle test a week or two later even...
A week or two?

Depending on the detection cutoff level, THC tests positive in blood or urine roughly 14 days after last use, or six months later on hair follicles.

A week or two?

Depending on the detection cutoff level, THC tests positive in blood or urine roughly 14 days after last use, or six months later on hair follicles.
30 day detection for weed in piss tests from Amazon. I cleared my self out once for a piss test for a job. Took 30 days. Then found out they dont test for weed in Maine🤣

A pretty good article - teaser below:

“According to the Biden administration, it was perfectly reasonable to put cannabis consumers in the same category as "narcotic addicts," "criminals," children, armed revolutionaries, and "mental defectives." The DOJ explicitly compares marijuana users to "the mentally ill," saying both can be "dangerous when armed."

“According to the Biden administration, it was perfectly reasonable to put cannabis consumers in the same category as "narcotic addicts," "criminals," children, armed revolutionaries, and "mental defectives." The DOJ explicitly compares marijuana users to "the mentally ill," saying both can be "dangerous when armed."
Never met a dangerous stoned person in my near 62 years.

Even if you don't inhale? I shudder to think that we had one of those mental defectives with his hand over the big button while he was smoking his cigar!

Wait,

So armed revolutionaries are prohibited people?

Isn’t that the whole intent of the second amendment? Standing up to tyrannical government?

I've run into a fair amount of mean drunks over my years. Never a mean stoner.
When I was young, and lived with two roommates that stoked regularly. They killed EVERY bag of chips that I've ever bought! Ruffles, Pringles, Cape Cod, Cheetos: it did not matter! The bastards devoured every single one of them! Even if I bought every bag of chips in Dedham Costo, they would probably kill them in one night!
I miss those bastards. They've both moved out of state for jobs.

"A federal judge in Texas recently agreed with a federal judge in Oklahoma that the national ban on gun possession by cannabis consumers violates the Second Amendment. Kathleen Cardone, a judge on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, also concluded that the federal ban on transferring firearms to an "unlawful user" of a "controlled substance," first imposed by the Gun Control Act of 1968, is unconstitutional."

"A federal judge in Texas recently agreed with a federal judge in Oklahoma that the national ban on gun possession by cannabis consumers violates the Second Amendment. Kathleen Cardone, a judge on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, also concluded that the federal ban on transferring firearms to an "unlawful user" of a "controlled substance," first imposed by the Gun Control Act of 1968, is unconstitutional."
It's almost comical how bad the FL federal judge f***ed up the (D) lead lawsuit against the (D) ATF. That guy is a hack.

great to see women like Cardone who actually understand how reality works.

NYC can’t have guns, but they can have pot. I’ll admit, I prefer those who have to do a joint before hitting it at Planet Fitness than the those who have to drag on a cig before coming in the doors. The stench is sweeter.

The mother of a 6-year-old Virginia boy accused of shooting school teacher Abby Zwerner in the face in January has been charged with alleged federal gun and drug crimes.
Deja Taylor, 25, who is already facing child neglect and gun charges in state court over the Jan. 6 shooting, is now charged by the feds with lying about using marijuana when she bought a gun last year, KTVB-TV News said Monday.

Taylor allegedly claimed she did not use drugs when she bought the 9 mm handgun at a Grafton, Virginia gun shop on July 19, 2022, court records show.

It appears that they're charging her for lying on the 4473.

When will they charge Hunter Biden for the same thing ???

Does we get to dupe zappa?

you know how this works.

It a two tier system.

"In the paper, published in the journal JAMA Psychiatry in May, Dr. Oskar Hougaard Jefsen of Aarhus University and colleagues showed that people who had previously been diagnosed with cannabis use disorder were almost twice as likely to be diagnosed later with clinical depression. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cannabis use disorder is characterized by craving marijuana, using it more often than intended, spending a lot of time using it, and having it interfere with friends, family and work."

Let’s see if the study is replicated elsewhere. There’s plenty of ways to get depressed and "almost twice as likely" fails the 3-fold odds test of believability or significance. The very definition of Cannabis Use Disorder seems to require a messed up life, so depression isn’t a big surprise.

"In the paper, published in the journal JAMA Psychiatry in May, Dr. Oskar Hougaard Jefsen of Aarhus University and colleagues showed that people who had previously been diagnosed with cannabis use disorder were almost twice as likely to be diagnosed later with clinical depression. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cannabis use disorder is characterized by craving marijuana, using it more often than intended, spending a lot of time using it, and having it interfere with friends, family and work."

Let’s see if the study is replicated elsewhere. There’s plenty of ways to get depressed and "almost twice as likely" fails the 3-fold odds test of believability or significance. The very definition of Cannabis Use Disorder seems to require a messed up life, so depression isn’t a big surprise.
A strong correlation, but they might have their causation a bit wonky -- how many of these folk got into drugs in the first place due to undiagnosed depression?

For somebody to be so messed up and MJ-obsessed that they find themselves with a clinical diagnosis that translates to "pothead", of course they're going to be depressed!

A strong correlation, but they might have their causation a bit wonky -- how many of these folk got into drugs in the first place due to undiagnosed depression?

For somebody to be so messed up and MJ-obsessed that they find themselves with a clinical diagnosis that translates to "pothead", of course they're going to be depressed!
Does depression cause addiction or does addiction cause depression.

Kind of a chicken/egg situation to most addicts

Question for the NES legal scholars... Can the Hunter Biden gun charge case be used a precedence for anyone charged going forward for lying on the 4473?

but...but...but...Hunter. Hypocritical SOB...

1688752855019.jpeg

I love how the gun groups (at least the effective ones) are piling on against the War on Drugs. They understand the Constitution better than any Fudd groups.

"Guns and Weed - The Road to Freedom" is from 12 years ago, but it's true.

YT has age restricted it, so you have to sign in to watch the trailer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSG55jq8LU

NJ has a Law Enforcement Exception, it would appear…

”Callers to 911 hope they’re in good hands, but in New Jersey they might get dispatched the Stoner Squad. The state says local police departments may not prohibit even armed officers from using marijuana on their personal time.”

I found the story to be thin on science…plenty of anecdotes though! I loved the “So you supplement with cannabis and it brings your body back into balance” testimonial.

”…according to the survey conducted by the Harris Poll on behalf of cannabis company Curaleaf of almost 2,000 adults who were at least 21 years old. And among the 54% of respondents who said they had ever used cannabis, 41% of them said they consumed cannabis to reduce anxiety.

“I have patients who use it every day. They say it really helps,” said Dr. Beth Salcedo, a psychiatrist and medical director of the Ross Center in Washington, D.C., who specializes in treating anxiety disorders. “My message is that if it were really working for you, you wouldn’t be here with me.”

Back
Top Bottom