No Guns For Pot Smokers

Even holding a medical card while NOT USING is a violation of the law according to the ATF.

Just having the ability to buy it medically is a DQ according to the ATF. FL is currently suing them over it and so far it's not looking great either.
If you want to talk strict interpretation of the language, anyone who has prescribed, but expired, narcotics in their medicine cabinet is prohibited. Same for those who "borrow" a controlled painkiller or muscle relaxant from a friend, or takes one originally prescribed to their spouse.

And just to double down on strict reading, "Are you addicted to or a current user of..." can be answered "No" on the 4473 unless you're filling it out with a lit spliff hanging from your lips. The ganja is not addictive in medical terms, and you're not currently using if you stopped after your wake-and-bake.

ATF has their own secret double probation interpretation of "current user", but they don't share it in a way that any casual buyer could understand. It's not supported by any statute or CFR, just their own "guidance".

If you want to talk strict interpretation of the language, anyone who has prescribed, but expired, narcotics in their medicine cabinet is prohibited. Same for those who "borrow" a controlled painkiller or muscle relaxant from a friend, or takes one originally prescribed to their spouse.

And just to double down on strict reading, "Are you addicted to or a current user of..." can be answered "No" on the 4473 unless you're filling it out with a lit spliff hanging from your lips. The ganja is not addictive in medical terms, and you're not currently using if you stopped after your wake-and-bake.

ATF has their own secret double probation interpretation of "current user", but they don't share it in a way that any casual buyer could understand. It's not supported by any statute or CFR, just their own "guidance".
I believe something as simple as taken a prescribed narcotic incorrectly is also a violation

Once again..........Get your weed from somebody that knows what they are doing.

I doubt any of the dispensaries are selling laced weed, PM can be dealt with. Or find a private grower and just deal with him, it's not that hard.

There are many stories that can be told. But the fact of the matter is the chances of ending up with laced weed is about as good as getting struck by lightning.
So, again, this was around forty years ago and it was someone else, but it was someone I cared about. There were no dispensaries back then and yes, sometimes it was tampered with. Incredible to imagine, I know, that a drug dealer would lace other drugs into their product to either stretch it or give it more "kick", but it's true. It happened then and it happens today.

Honestly, I don't give a flying f*** if it is common, or as rare as getting hit by lightning.

Sure, that crap is dangerous. It doesn't exist because of skinflints, it exists as a way around prohibition.

I don’t know about the newer stuff, but I know at least at the time when my ex was using that shit it was all driven by skinflints because it was wicked cheap compared to real weed. there was literally no reason to try it other than flinting, at least from the consumer point of view. now from a vendor pov would probably agree with you because joe smoes smoke shop could sell it legally I get that…. but that’s not what drives the demand.

There was some synthetic stuff called Spice being sold everywhere like 10-12 yrs ago, right at the cash registers in a counter display.

It really freaks some people out and they start hallucinating like and acting like they’re on PCP or a bad acid trip. Sweating like crazy, stripping off all their clothes in public, paranoid, violent, mumbling and incoherent, just a very dangerous effect on some people.

This doesn’t even cover what the medical people must see also as the results of smoking spice, most of the time we’d come across them they’d go right into the ambulance for psych eval and medical treatment in the ER.

Sure, that crap is dangerous. It doesn't exist because of skinflints, it exists as a way around prohibition.
I’ve never even seen the stuff, but my buddy tried it once. He is a life long pot smoker and dabbles with mushrooms also. He has done LSD and every other drug over the years and swore that the fake weed was the scariest crap he ever messed with.

Weed can be found anywhere in any neighborhood in this country. Not sure why people would bother with a medical card. It’s cheaper to buy from the same dealer you’ve been using for years and the stuff is just as good. Plus doing an illegal drug deal is 75% of the fun. FTP.

So, again, this was around forty years ago and it was someone else, but it was someone I cared about. There were no dispensaries back then and yes, sometimes it was tampered with. Incredible to imagine, I know, that a drug dealer would lace other drugs into their product to either stretch it or give it more "kick", but it's true. It happened then and it happens today.

Honestly, I don't give a flying f*** if it is common, or as rare as getting hit by lightning.
I was around 40 years ago as well, and tampering with cannabis was as rare then as it is now.

You are making uniformed assumptions based on a bad experience you and a friend had many years ago. Weed is bad, weed is dangerous, weed can kill you………..

You may not give a “flying f*** if it is common, or as rare as getting hit by lightning.” But a lot of people do. Those people are the ones who are actually informed on the subject and not driven by an emotional negative opinion.

Sorry about your buddy 40 years ago, but if that was any more than an ultra rare occurrence it would not be legal or decriminalized in 31 states 40 years later.

I was around 40 years ago as well, and tampering with cannabis was as rare then as it is now.

You are making uniformed assumptions based on a bad experience you and a friend had many years ago. Weed is bad, weed is dangerous, weed can kill you………..

You may not give a “flying f*** if it is common, or as rare as getting hit by lightning.” But a lot of people do. Those people are the ones who are actually informed on the subject and not driven by an emotional negative opinion.

Sorry about your buddy 40 years ago, but if that was any more than an ultra rare occurrence it would not be legal or decriminalized in 31 states 40 years later.
It's pretty clear that you have some sort of cognitive deficit, so I'll leave it at that...

Is this decision applied to medical marijuana too? I smoke some weed and take some CBD oil from time to time to help me with my anxiety and back pains. I was prescribed to use it by a doctor, and I like this kind of treatment because it doesn’t involve any artificial chemicals. Only natural solutions.
I also buy some hash from Buy Cheap Hash Online from Online Dispensary Canada maybe once in six months because it’s stronger than regular weed and works even better for me. The Lebanese one is very nice for smoking in a pipe.
Anyways, I don’t think it’s right to prohibit guns for all pot smokers, including the ones who use medical weed.
1668009410434.png

Is this decision applied to medical marijuana too? I smoke some weed and take some CBD oil from time to time to help me with my anxiety and back pains. I was prescribed to use it by a doctor, and I like this kind of treatment because it doesn’t involve any artificial chemicals. Only natural solutions.
I also buy some hash from Buy Cheap Hash Online from Online Dispensary Canada maybe once in six months because it’s stronger than regular weed and works even better for me. The Lebanese one is very nice for smoking in a pipe.
Anyways, I don’t think it’s right to prohibit guns for all pot smokers, including the ones who use medical weed

Simple possession of a medical card is a DQ according to the ATF and some retard court that upheld that one. Not even with use. Just having the card is a DQ.

Maybe someone has gotten to it, I only loosely follow this thread.

Wouldn't the Bruen case hold some sway here? I ever a one liner about laws being in play at the writing of the constitution, surely pot heads and snuff users were allowed to own a gun back then.

Are cannabis consumers dangerous? Winsor suggested that they are, accepting the Biden administration's analogy between the gun ban for marijuana users and laws enacted in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries that prohibited people from either carrying or firing guns "while intoxicated."

That analogy fails, however, because those laws did not impose general bans on gun possession by drinkers. They applied only when gun owners were under the influence.

The implausibility of the Biden administration's historical argument is compounded by the fact that the "crime" of consuming marijuana did not exist when the Second Amendment was ratified or when the 14th Amendment required that states respect the right to keep and bear arms. Throughout the 19th century, cannabis, opium, and other currently prohibited substances were legally available over the counter and widely consumed as ingredients in patent medicines.

It seems highly doubtful that Americans of that era would have thought eschewing such products should be a condition for exercising the rights protected by the Second Amendment and state equivalents. Yet the Biden administration insists that it should, even as the president decries the injustice wrought by the war on weed.

That will never change and that’s their goal. They made it semi legal, people jumped on it and now they can take your license legally and you cannot do anything. Well played by Brandon and the dbags who voted him in

The same government that intentionally poisoned liquor during alcohol prohibition, later intentionally poisoned cannabis fields in Mexico using the lethal toxin Paraquat.

As I've said: killing your customers is bad for business. If any drug is being intentionally tampered with, it's not by those who want to build their client base.

Back
Top Bottom