Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

Good, wouldn't want someone like "Frizz" to have to go out of their way to talk to Ted!!! BTW Frizz, nice to see you here.

Opps, edited to add my winking smilie for sarcasm. [wink] [smile]

If you are implying that I am Ted, I am not. I am the guy who reloads for him.

All I was saying was that if an employee gives you problems, it would be more constructive to let Ted know the details than to only post it here and hope that the situation resolves itself.

All I was saying was that if an employee gives you problems, it would be more constructive to let Ted know the details than to only post it here and hope that the situation resolves itself.

I'm sorry, I do not know Ted. I am not a regular of the shop, and honestly if the employees don't know to be courteous to customers without being told then I don't want to shop there. The idea of posting here is not necessarily to seek a resolution, but to add to the reviews section of the gun shop forum. If the owner gets wind of an incident and takes corrective action, that is respectable, and may win a customer(s) back.

I was in there today and was treated extra nice. All kids today, Ted wasn't around I don't think. Had a pleasant conversation with the guy who rang me up.

JD, didn't mean to confuse you. I knew who you were, and assumed the OP did not. In my mind it was funny, knowing that anything you knew, Ted probably knew, so the guy was getting his message out anyway, but didn't know it!

Excuse my bizarre sense of humor, but I thought that was funny. No slight to you, the OP or Ted intended. Just goofing around.

Last edited:
JD, didn't mean to confuse you. I knew who you were, and assumed the OP did not. In my mind it was funny, knowing that anything you knew, Ted probably knew, so the guy was getting his message out anyway, but didn't know it!

Excuse my bizarre sense of humor, but I thought that was funny. No slight to you, the OP or Ted intended. Just goofing around.

No problem.

It does leave me curious as to who actually did what. If Ted has already been told, then that is his business.

Reply to Otis311's post 301:

All of the workers have short hair.
Are you sure that you were talking to an employee?
Most of the employees do not wear store logo shirts, and just dress the same as customers.

IDK, It was dark wavy hair, seemed not short

I won't give a penny to this shop. Ratting out companies that sell mail order into MA is not the kind of activity I wish to support. Shame on anyone who buys from this clown.

Emoto, I don't think alot of the newer members here ever heard about the three things Ted did so that's why they shop there. Either that or they live so close they go there anyway despite his past.

Emoto, I don't think alot of the newer members here ever heard about the three things Ted did so that's why they shop there. Either that or they live so close they go there anyway despite his past.

That's why I wanted to mention it. I am not on this forum often enough, but in my opinion, whenever this shop is mentioned, what he did should be politely pointed out. Mail order houses were sued by the MA AG because of Ted's actions and consequently will not sell to MA residents. Thanks Ted. [angry2]

Mail order houses were sued by the MA AG because of Ted's actions and consequently will not sell to MA residents. Thanks Ted. [angry2]

Drivel. THAT nonsense started about a decade ago when Sportsman's Guide was irresponsible to ship illegal weapons (throwing stars, double-edged knives), as well as BB guns, w/o confirming licenses or even age. It blew up when kids ordered the stuff, their parents found out when the credit card bill came and then one of the "Consumer Protection" reporters was contacted.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Note that this was long before Coakley was AG and even long before Ted had a storefront.

Note also that this inane policy, besides being a complete inversion of interstate commerce practice (do you pay sales tax on stuff you bought out-of-state online or through the mail?) benefits all MA dealers by eliminating a major source of competition as regards ammo and components.

Why do you think no dealers are joining in the outrage about this?

Drivel. THAT nonsense started about a decade ago when Sportsman's Guide was irresponsible to ship illegal weapons (throwing stars, double-edged knives), as well as BB guns, w/o confirming licenses or even age. It blew up when kids ordered the stuff, their parents found out when the credit card bill came and then one of the "Consumer Protection" reporters was contacted.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Note that this was long before Coakley was AG and even long before Ted had a storefront.

Note also that this inane policy, besides being a complete inversion of interstate commerce practice (do you pay sales tax on stuff you bought out-of-state online or through the mail?) benefits all MA dealers by eliminating a major source of competition as regards ammo and components.

Why do you think no dealers are joining in the outrage about this?
Keith, I think the fact that Ted himself admitted to members of this board his rat behavior speaks volumes. I'll gladly pull up the past threads for you if you want to see who those members were. Some of the posters who were so angry about his actions were if you remember correctly......dealers on this fine site.
Also only two of the three cowardly acts he performed happened before Coakley was elected. Only the Bass Pro Shops incident happened after she was in office. I have such a hard time remembering the dates between all of them I might have to dig up those old post to refresh my memory. Pretty bad when a gun dealer meets with the AG so many times you can't remember which ones are which.[wink][wink]
I know Ted is a friend of yours and I respect you for defending him but the fact that there were three different occasions hardly qualifies it as drivel or nonsense. The fact that he himself bragged about it to customers who are well respected NES members pretty much assures it is fact.
If you want me to dig up those past threads for you I'll be more than happy to as long as it can wait till morning. I'm hitting the sack.[cheers]

I was specifically rebutting that he somehow triggered the anti-internet sales jihad the AG's office went on. That WAS the result of the Sportsman's Guide screw up.

The other issues were NOT part of my remarks.

Went in there the other day after a long drive in the rain. Had a pocket full of cash to buy the 1911 they had. The thing had a huge scratch through the S&W logo and big flaws in the bluing on the other side. The guy was cool and looked out back for an untouched gun but was unsuccessful. I could not spend $900 on a scratched gun, I would never scratch it so why would I buy it pre scratched. In my opinion the gun is now used even if it hadn't been fired. Needless to say it was a huge waste of time and very disappointing.

I am sick of shops not taking care of their guns. In this case it may have been a negligent costumer mishandling it. I do see a lot of shops however just slamming guns on the glass counters.

I wouldn't buy it, either. Heck, I want to be there when they open the shipping carton (my guns from there are usually ordered).

Whether a clumsy customer (probably) or a careless clerk is irrelevant. An otherwise new gun is now significantly marred - and, therefore, worth significantly less. Counter pads are a wonderful thing.

I was in the shop today, and was very impressed. They have such an overwhelming stock of all things related to shooting that I couldn't even begin to list it all. The shop was well organized, and I had no trouble finding what I was looking for. There prices seemed "good" to "very good", with several Mosin Nagant 91/30's all around $100, and an awesome deal for 7.62x54R ($5/20 rounds).
The staff were extremely helpful, and a pleasure to talk to.

I'm not sure what's up with the bad reviews in this thread, but the shop I visited was an excellent example of a shop for true gun enthusiasts.

what kind of 7.62x54r was it? Bulgarian, Czech, Polish, or Russian milsurp? That's a good price even with tax.

The negative reviews of this shop stem from bitterness towards the availability of ammunition sales on the web to MA customers and the apparent NETC support of the AG causing this. I don't know the real story so I can't really form a valid opinion.

what kind of 7.62x54r was it? Bulgarian, Czech, Polish, or Russian milsurp? That's a good price even with tax.

The negative reviews of this shop stem from bitterness towards the availability of ammunition sales on the web to MA customers and the apparent NETC support of the AG causing this. I don't know the real story so I can't really form a valid opinion.

I didn't think to check. For the time being I have enough 7.62x54R, but I was surprised to hear that price.
I would guess Russian milsurp, as it was in a spam can. I don't know if any other countries besides Russia put it in spam cans, and I didn't see the markings on the lid.

I could care less if other people don't like the shop, that just means more for me. [smile]

I could care less if other people don't like the shop, that just means more for me. [smile]
Might be more in his shop but less in the state for the rest of us to choose from. One of the THREE things that incensed gun owners in this state about Ted was him lobbying the State AG Office regarding mail order ammo sales. His actions were instrumental in getting that ball rolling. The best way to say you agree with more laws restricting legal gun owners in this state is to reward those who want to impose them on you. Rewarding NET will get your message across loud and clear.[thumbsup]

Heck, I want to be there when they open the shipping carton
Shops have to open the carton the day it arrives to verify the serial number and enter it in their bound book.

The negative reviews of this shop stem from bitterness towards the availability of ammunition sales on the web to MA customers and the apparent NETC support of the AG causing this.

They are also based on the fact that NET called up the AG to report BassPro selling Glocks in violation of the AG's opinion that they do not meet the AG consumer protection regulations.

For the time being I have enough 7.62x54R, but I was surprised to hear that price.
I would guess Russian milsurp, as it was in a spam can. I don't know if any other countries besides Russia put it in spam cans, and I didn't see the markings on the lid.

Bulgaria.

And that can opener is a royal pain in the keister.

Might be more in his shop but less in the state for the rest of us to choose from. One of the THREE things that incensed gun owners in this state about Ted was him lobbying the State AG Office regarding mail order ammo sales. His actions were instrumental in getting that ball rolling. The best way to say you agree with more laws restricting legal gun owners in this state is to reward those who want to impose them on you. Rewarding NET will get your message across loud and clear.[thumbsup]

& my unscientific poll shows him at about 10% higher in ammo prices then the majority of other stores I've looked at in the area (Zero Hour, Four Seasons and First Defense)

& my unscientific poll shows him at about 10% higher in ammo prices then the majority of other stores I've looked at in the area (Zero Hour, Four Seasons and First Defense)

But, his shelves are always full. If I can't find it anywhere else, I'll get it there......

I personally would not support this store Ted has prover again and again he is not in the support of gun owners fighting for there rights back in MA. He on multiple occassions has done what he could to tattle on other gun shops. being a person who first hand listened to him brag about his political pull am disgusted that any REAL gun enthuiest would give him any money to continue his ways. In my opinion ted is even worse than a gun banner because he is a gun owner who seems to share the agenda.

I personally would not support this store Ted has prover again and again he is not in the support of gun owners fighting for there rights back in MA. He on multiple occassions has done what he could to tattle on other gun shops. being a person who first hand listened to him brag about his political pull am disgusted that any REAL gun enthuiest would give him any money to continue his ways. In my opinion ted is even worse than a gun banner because he is a gun owner who seems to share the agenda.
You Too ?? I remember quite a few posters in other threads saying he had bragged to them as well. It's too bad people forget he betrayed the gun owners of this state at least three times and then had the gall to brag about it. If someone wants to spend money at his shop they might as well contribute to John Kerry's campaign fund at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom