Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

Which one is Ted? I have to admit I've gone into NET a lot because my office is right down the street. Most people there have been nice to me. I have to admit, though, one thing that pissed me off. I purchased a pistol from them about a year ago. About 6 months laster I asked them if they took trade-ins for credit towards a new firearm (obviously not full credit) and I was told "We don't know where the gun came from so, no, we don't" I said, "Well I bought it from you 6 months ago and it's still in brand new condition". The answer to that was "We don't take in trade-ins because for all we know you could have mistreated the gun." If you don't take trade-ins then just leave it at that. Don't make bogus excuses for why you don't. It was there loss, though...I bought the gun for $670 and would have (at the time) taken $400-$500 for it and they could have easily sold it again for $600 which would have been quite the profit (twice) on a single gun in 6 months + the sale of another pistol to me right then and there. Because of that I decided to keep the gun and ended up spending over $1,000 on a pistol from another dealer.

They dont take trades, they do consignment only. Why trade a gun and take such a big loss when you can sell it on here?

They dont take trades, they do consignment only. Why trade a gun and take such a big loss when you can sell it on here?

It was one of those times when I saw a pistol I loved and needed to have it right then and there and didn't have the cash. I'm glad I didn't do it now though :) It would have been a stupid thing to do on my part and a waste of money.

He's charging sales tax on the $30 transfer fee, and not the value of the gun correct? I'll cop a plea to the fact that I had him handle a transfer from ableammo for an expensive shotgun and I sure as heck did not pay sales tax on the value of the gun.

I know the back story on the place and I don't shop there (well maybe emergency reloading supplies) but they did a very nice job with the paperwork.

I live 5 minutes away. I called one day asking if they matched prices and was told by someone that they do not. So I got in my car and drove to Four Seasons and bought 2 rifles. Both were in stock and NET. Only one was in stock there and they ordered it to be there for the next day. So I had to drive almost an hour each way, twice! But both rifles at FS were $420 each. One at NET was $470 and the other was $460. He even threw in a padded case for one for free. I will be going back to FS to buy a handgun in the next week or so.

$25 fee and was charged tax. I thought that was a bit strange. Guess I won't be doing transfers there any longer.

NET generally has the most reloading offerings in the area. 1 reason people still go. 2. is in general one of the larger/stock on hand stores in the area 3. has a following and dedicated customers.....
As far as trade ins generally your lucky to get 70% of the gun value reguardless of condition over 70%....... if you paid 670.00 6 months later your lucjy to get 375.00

NET generally has the most reloading offerings in the area. 1 reason people still go. 2. is in general one of the larger/stock on hand stores in the area 3. has a following and dedicated customers.....
As far as trade ins generally your lucky to get 70% of the gun value reguardless of condition over 70%....... if you paid 670.00 6 months later your lucjy to get 375.00

[rolleyes]

What flavor is the Koolaid?

I'd be willing to bet most of his customer base lives close by and most of them don't know anything about his three crimes against gun owners in this state.
As far as his reloading selection his prices must of changed quite a bit over the last few years. Last time I checked out THE RAT'S prices it was cheaper for me to drive to Rilley's in Hooksett than buy from him.
After what I've learned about his dealing I'll drive to Tennessee before I spend one dime in his shop.

Which one is Ted?

I think this might be him...

forlorn-rat.jpg

I have only been there once. When I 1st started reloading for shotgun that's where most of the trap shooters @ my club picked up their stuff. I dont recall to many other gun shops in that general area. I have read a bit about NET and ted and there seems to be dedica....ahhh delusional customer base...even with all the bad rep. people still go? Dont know what to really say. When I did go there they did have all the reloading stuff I was looking for and next to FSguns had the most ammo in stock....that was about 5 years ago....its a pain in the ass drive for me and if I am going to drive I go FS.

In a nut shell a gun shop will stay open even if they suck as long as people are in a rush, dont wantto drive or maybe they put up with the crap because he has what people want or need with out planning a day trip ????? who knows

Kind of reminds me of a used car lot not far from my house. The owner and 2 sales guys where complete asstards, BUT they had what people where looking for mid priced clunkers. They sold a ton of cars and you still see there stickers on alot of cars and trucks around here. They finally folded as they collecting warrenty program money but not sending it in.

I was just going through some of my PMs in the search for supplies and such. Here is a partial response from a one of the PMs
If you get out to North Attleboro you should check out NorthEast Traders. They have the best prices on Powder and primers than anywhere else around here.
so what can you do ?

I actually found the best prices and free state friend is comeing in march....missed the window for january

I hear many guys @ my club say they like the fact hes always open 7 days, weeknights ect ect.....

Last edited:
I went in yesterday to look at a gun that I will drive to FS to buy. He had Federal .22LR Bulk Ammo for $26 a box. FS had it for $16 the last time I was there, so I bought 6 boxes.

I have to go through reading 30+ pages and multiple threads to understand what going on. I'm glad I spend my time reading through it. [wink]

I'm near the area and thinking of looking around the shop on the way home. Not going to buy anything obviously but want to see what the deal is. When I have time I have to read through the rest of this thread thoroughly.

ETA: I can relay any messages you want to pass on [wink]

Last edited:
I have done business at Northeast Trading in the past and I will gladly and willingly do business with him again in the future. He's a regular guy trying to run a difficult enough business in MA. Ted is not the problem.

-Cuz.

I have done business at Northeast Trading in the past and I will gladly and willingly do business with him again in the future. He's a regular guy trying to run a difficult enough business in MA. Ted is not the problem.

-Cuz.

He sure caused a lot of problems for alot of people though didn't he?
Patronize that shop and you get what you deserve from him.

-Cuz.
Guess you don't have a problem with him meeting with the Attorney General and backstabbing the gun owners in this state THREE different times ? Do a little research on "The Rat" and get back to us and let us know if you still consider him a "regular guy". I can't wait to hear your answer.

Back
Top Bottom