NY AG dissolve the NRA Lawsuit?

Has nothing to do with wayno. Her goal is to get rid of the NRA. Just using him as an excuse. Read between the lines.
And if Wayne was an honest guy trying to best serve the NRA members he would have resigned last year. Instead he booted Cox out and severed ties with Ackerman-McQueen in an attempt to "circle the wagons."

It failed, smart members saw thru it and stopped sending money down the bottomless pit and the dumb members wailed and cried like babies because their precious NRA binky was having mean things said about it.

Wayne could have done the honorable thing and stepped down, instead he opened the door for the AG to go after the NRA as a whole instead of just Wayne because thy way the NRA is structured, Wayne & Co. own the NRA, the members are basically customers, John's really because after they give the NRA money they walk away feeling really good and they keep coming back for another ass fugging.

One of the things I noticed is that in the very first paragraph:

Unless I am mistaken, the NRA (the overall organization) is not a charitable corporation. If it was, all of our donations would be tax deductable.

Can they be "charitable" in NY state, but not nation-wide?

From their website:

"Contributions, gifts or membership dues made or paid to the National Rifle Association of America are not refundable or transferable and are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes."

The NRA is a section 501(c)(4) non-profit whose net earnings are used for charitable, educational, or recreational purposes. If the NRA were a section 501(c)(3), then contributions, gifts, etc., would be tax-deductible.

The advantage of being a section 501(c)(4) though allows the NRA to lobby for its causes, which it couldn't do under the 501(c)(3) designation.

She looks way better on the beach than riding the old Pink Flamingo.
Her nose needs improvement, though.
It's ok.
I'm comfortable with it.
I might put her back onto my list.
Edit:
I just saw the rest of her Instagram.
She is going back on my list, for sure!!!
And...
Off to bed.

Edit #2:
In her later years, her hips are getting too big and so is her rear end.
I'm comfortable with it though.
And...
Off to bed.

Again.
Sounds like you sleep a lot...

Careful for what? Where has the NRA been lately? They haven't done pete turkey for the people who pay dues. Here's the NRA's solution "Here's a big plat of sh*t to eat". Oh look someone else won the lawsuit let's hop on the coat tails now. When these people are taking home multimillion dollar paychecks for essentially giving rah rah speeches to get more money they lost the plot. Time for a big shakeup. Let them take a hit so severe that LaPierre has to resign in shame and gets nothing. Then we can talk.

Does anyone actually know their accomplishments vs not? I would be hesitant to believe left wing media and what they said he did or did not do. The media has been attacking the NRA for so long - I think the NRA are doing their job knowing that alone.

It looks as though the NY AG has a telepathic connection with Col. North. He made all of NRA's corruption issues public. The officers are corrupt and the BOD is corrupt. I wouldn't contribute 2 cents to NRA. I hope AG is successful. Maybe out of the ashes a state 2A group will rise to the occasion

Maybe out of the ashes a state 2A group will rise to the occasion
Not Likely...

Edit: That is to say, We need a National Organization to deal with Congress/POTUS/SCOTUS.
State .orgs are important, but what can replace the NRA as far as clout?

Better to fix it than to throw the baby out with the bathwater...

Last edited:
The NRA is a section 501(c)(4) non-profit whose net earnings are used for charitable, educational, or recreational purposes. If the NRA were a section 501(c)(3), then contributions, gifts, etc., would be tax-deductible.

The advantage of being a section 501(c)(4) though allows the NRA to lobby for its causes, which it couldn't do under the 501(c)(3) designation.

(c)(3)s have a strict prohibition on political activities, but can are allowed to conduct lobbying activities that are reasonable. ”Reasonable” is not defined in the Treasury Regulations. Organizations may elect under 501(h) to mathematically prove they do not breach an upper limit, but few do because reasonable isn’t defined.

(c)(4)s can do some political intervention,, but that’s why the NRA created the ILA - so there can be some distance between the two organizations,

Last edited:
Nobody knows if there's any truth to the lawsuit. Here's what we do know:

NYS Attorney General Letitia James ran on a platform in 2019 to oppose and defeat President Trump. She's the most left wing Attorney General in NY history.

The NRA is the most effective political lobbying organization in the US.

The purpose of the lawsuit is to "dissolve the NRA". AG James has announced she wants to take NRA funds and assets and distribute them to leftist causes.

The previous NYS AG, Eric Schneiderman, reported he was pressured by Democrat leaders to bring down the NRA. They blamed the NRA for helping elect Trump in 2016 and wanted to block them in 2020.

One has to wonder that if there was such massive fraud for all these years - why didn’t the IRS find it? The IRS annually watchdogs charitable and political organizations. The Obama/Biden administration had no hesitation weaponizing the IRS to hobble conservative groups and individuals. Yet they apparently found no malfeasance at the NRA.

The last four years of outrageous Democrat accusations and media support against Judge Roy Moore, Kavanaugh, and Trump makes me dubious until something is actually proven.

There is no doubt they are motivated to undermine the NRA's effectiveness and credibility in a Presidential Election. It doesn’t matter to the Democrats if the charges are false because we won’t know until after the election.

While the NRA has 5-6 million members, polls consistently show that at least 30-50 million additional voters, support and vote with the NRA. NRA’s political clout comes from voters.

If the anti-2A left can make members and voters withdraw their support from the NRA than they win in Nov. and we lose. I have no doubt that is their agenda.

For this reason these attacks should unite gun owners, not divide. The NRA is bigger and more important than any issues with La Pierre and still our best defense against the much more substantial anti-2A forces.

If you don’t want to support the NRA administration until the facts are substantiated, then designate your contributions exclusively to the NRA Political Victory Fund or the Institute for Legislative Action. We need to win in November.

If you don’t want to support the NRA administration until the facts are substantiated, then designate your contributions exclusively to the NRA Political Victory Fund or the Institute for Legislative Action. We need to win in November.

This right here - NES you CAN contribute and not worry about Wayne's individual greed.

This right here - NES you CAN contribute and not worry about Wayne's individual greed.
Again, no mention of the GOA or SAF.

This flustered reaction to the NRA being dissolved is a failure by gun rights supporters who put all their eggs in one basket and when the basket is rotting and falling apart they refuse to get a new basket. The reaction is literally, "NO! WE CAN FIX IT! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS BASKET! I LIKE THIS BASKET JUST FINE! THOSE OTHER BASKETS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH!"

It's amazing how out of the millions of NRA members there are so many of them who refuse to pay $20 to join other national 2A groups, yet have plenty of money to buy some luxury 1911 worth thousands.

Really says a lot about how much they care about the right to keep and bare arms...
GOAL and COMM2A - probably 1% of MA gun owners donate to them. Look at all the work they do, imagine if 2% of gun owners would donate to them.

Does anyone actually know their accomplishments vs not? I would be hesitant to believe left wing media and what they said he did or did not do. The media has been attacking the NRA for so long - I think the NRA are doing their job knowing that alone.

I've only been an NRA member for the last 5 years so here's what I've seen:

News: Today democrat politicians announced sweeping gun control and gun bans.

NRA email the next morning: Send us money

Me: Okay send some money

end result: Nothing, law still passes

after effect: LaPierre buys new mansion

Tell me what I missed.

I've only been an NRA member for the last 5 years so here's what I've seen:

News: Today democrat politicians announced sweeping gun control and gun bans.

NRA email the next morning: Send us money

Me: Okay send some money

end result: Nothing, law still passes

after effect: LaPierre buys new mansion

Tell me what I missed.

Everything.

Were you at the Statehouse when NRA representatives stood alongside Jim Wallace to contest the proposed legislation?
Were you at the Capitol when lobbyists inform legislators of the consequences of their decisions?
Do we have nationwide gun registration?
How many states have either licensed carry or Constitutional carry? What was that 10 years ago?

Yours is the type of attitude that will destroy us from within. Go ahead skinflint the cause and then in a few years wonder why your rights are disappearing.

It failed, smart members saw thru it and stopped sending money down the bottomless pit and the dumb members wailed and cried like babies because their precious NRA binky was having mean things said about it.
You mean succeeded. Wayne still laughs all the way to the bank; the nominating committee will only recommend go along to get along candidates; and the members vote for whom the nominating committee tells them to.

No, others CAN'T fill the void. You have no idea how politics work.

If there is a silver lining, maybe it is that the NYS lawsuit will settle with the agreement that Wayne et al retire. Then at least NES skinflints will start donating again and gun owners aren't uncovered with no lobbyists working behind the scenes to protect.

And all you NRAS Instructors won't have certifications that are useless.

Think hard about this one. Your hatred for Wayne is a double edged sword that will cut you on the backswing.

Again, no mention of the GOA or SAF.

This flustered reaction to the NRA being dissolved is a failure by gun rights supporters who put all their eggs in one basket and when the basket is rotting and falling apart they refuse to get a new basket. The reaction is literally, "NO! WE CAN FIX IT! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS BASKET! I LIKE THIS BASKET JUST FINE! THOSE OTHER BASKETS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH!"

Maybe you should read the whole thread? There is need for GOA and SOF but as quoted above they are not interchangeable. They are all necessary and GOAL and Comm2A as well.

Don't forsake one for the other. For the price of a box (or two) of ammo each, you can support the causes that will make us stronger.

And FFS get out and vote! Even in Mass there are ballot questions that you want to have a say in. Typing shite here isn't going to change the vote.

This will not only help the NRA fundraising, it will help Trump in the election. She should have waited until after the election. Unforced error.
Also, by filing now, she effectively stops the NRA from making any donations in the swing states. Not political at all.
she is also planning to seize all funds and assets to then support leftist groups.

Last edited:
Everything.

Were you at the Statehouse when NRA representatives stood alongside Jim Wallace to contest the proposed legislation?
Were you at the Capitol when lobbyists inform legislators of the consequences of their decisions?
Do we have nationwide gun registration?
How many states have either licensed carry or Constitutional carry? What was that 10 years ago?

Yours is the type of attitude that will destroy us from within. Go ahead skinflint the cause and then in a few years wonder why your rights are disappearing.

I can only comment on what I can see or read about. I have NEVER once received an email saying "NRA was at the state house or congress lobbying, etc". What I get instead are nonsense mailers with some crazed picture of Nancy Pelosi grinning like the Grinch. Maybe instead of sending out "let's scare the sheep half to death" mailers they can talk about their accomplishments? There's nothing wrong with tooting one's own horn. If I hear nothing then all I have left is I can safely assume that they are doing nothing, except for creating crazy insane mailers and emails.

The idea the NRA is a guns rights organization is ludicrous. When was the last time the NRA asked for 34 or 68 to be repealed?

The NRA is not the ACLU. If they were, they'd be great. Fact is they used their clout to effectively make themselves a safety training monopoly and never press for repealing all gun laws.

We would be better off without the NRA. People would rally and a better org would take its place.

Nobody knows if there's any truth to the lawsuit. Here's what we do know:

NYS Attorney General Letitia James ran on a platform in 2019 to oppose and defeat President Trump. She's the most left wing Attorney General in NY history.

The NRA is the most effective political lobbying organization in the US.

The purpose of the lawsuit is to "dissolve the NRA". AG James has announced she wants to take NRA funds and assets and distribute them to leftist causes.

The previous NYS AG, Eric Schneiderman, reported he was pressured by Democrat leaders to bring down the NRA. They blamed the NRA for helping elect Trump in 2016 and wanted to block them in 2020.

One has to wonder that if there was such massive fraud for all these years - why didn’t the IRS find it? The IRS annually watchdogs charitable and political organizations. The Obama/Biden administration had no hesitation weaponizing the IRS to hobble conservative groups and individuals. Yet they apparently found no malfeasance at the NRA.

The last four years of outrageous Democrat accusations and media support against Judge Roy Moore, Kavanaugh, and Trump makes me dubious until something is actually proven.

There is no doubt they are motivated to undermine the NRA's effectiveness and credibility in a Presidential Election. It doesn’t matter to the Democrats if the charges are false because we won’t know until after the election.

While the NRA has 5-6 million members, polls consistently show that at least 30-50 million additional voters, support and vote with the NRA. NRA’s political clout comes from voters.

If the anti-2A left can make members and voters withdraw their support from the NRA than they win in Nov. and we lose. I have no doubt that is their agenda.

For this reason these attacks should unite gun owners, not divide. The NRA is bigger and more important than any issues with La Pierre and still our best defense against the much more substantial anti-2A forces.

They didn’t find the alleged NRA abuse because they were too busy targeting tea party orgs with the IRS.

The idea the NRA is a guns rights organization is ludicrous. When was the last time the NRA asked for 34 or 68 to be repealed?

The NRA is not the ACLU. If they were, they'd be great. Fact is they used their clout to effectively make themselves a safety training monopoly and never press for repealing all gun laws.

We would be better off without the NRA. People would rally and a better org would take its place.

how long would that take though? there would be a window where some radical anti legislation could be pushed through while folks regroup, like it or not they are pretty much the only thing we have going nationally to prevent any more restrictive legislation. If there was another group that was just as large and nearly as popular I'd tend to agree, but there isn't.

as for this whole thing, nothing riles up the base like the promise of a pink pony for your birthday...hopefully it has the same effect on the other side to get people engaged and voting.

how long would that take though? there would be a window where some radical anti legislation could be pushed through while folks regroup, like it or not they are pretty much the only thing we have going nationally to prevent any more restrictive legislation. If there was another group that was just as large and nearly as popular I'd tend to agree, but there isn't.

as for this whole thing, nothing riles up the base like the promise of a pink pony for your birthday...hopefully it has the same effect on the other side to get people engaged and voting.

I think this position is ridiculous hyperbole. If your position is Trump will sign ludicrous legislation if the NRA doesn't exist, i respond with you are being absurd.

She looks way better on the beach than riding the old Pink Flamingo.

Her nose needs improvement, though.

It's ok.

I'm comfortable with it.

I might put her back onto my list.

Edit:

I just saw the rest of her Instagram.

She is going back on my list, for sure!!!

And...

Off to bed.

Edit #2:

In her later years, her hips are getting too big and so is her rear end.

I'm comfortable with it though.

And...

Off to bed.

Again.

She has a thin build but is seriously lacking in muscle tone -- definitely not an athletic person. I guess she spends too much time sitting on Wayne's lap and not on physical activity. Also, there's something about her face that just screams, "I'm not going to age well!" She's already past her prime.

The NYAG's logic seems to be a bit twisted. Her responsibility is/should be protecting the interests of the charity's donors. Getting to "dissolving charity" = "best interests of donors" requires an ambitious, agenda-driven b*tch doing the math.

If her concerns were legitimate, the best interests of the donors would require the prosecution of any individual who committed PROVEABLE criminal offenses and seeking disgorgement from any individual or entity who was involved in the misappropriation of donor funds.

Of course, doing what is right is hard, dirty work. Seeking cheap headlines seems to be more in line with her M.O.

Seth Barron rips NY AG's NRA suit as 'diversion attempt' to distract from 'bad ideas' of Cuomo, de Blasio

'If you wanted to short-circuit Republicans in November's election, you would go after the NRA,' Tucker Carlson says

By Victor Garcia August 07, 2020

Seth Barron rips NY AG's NRA suit as 'diversion attempt' to distract from 'bad ideas' of Cuomo, de Blasio

New York Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit against the National Rifle Association (NRA) is an "electorally based attack" meant to distract from New York City's rise in violent crime, City Journal associate editor Seth Barron told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Thursday.

"This is a typical diversion attempt to blame the shootings on someone other than the bad ideas of Mayor Bill de Blasio and Governor Andrew Cuomo and the Democrat Party in the last few months," Barron told host Tucker Carlson.

Host Tucker Carlson theorized that James was targeting the NRA because of their support of President Trump, saying the organization "has, for decades, been the single most effective get-out-the-vote-late campaign operation the Republicans have.

"And this year, they were planning apparently to spend up to $70 million helping Republicans," Carlson added. "Now they won't. Why? Because they've been sued, so defensively, they will probably hold back a lot of that money for their legal defense.

"So if you wanted to short-circuit Republicans in November's election, you would go after the NRA and that's exactly what they've done."

Barron emphasized that Democratic leaders in New York are attempting to deflect deserved criticism away from them and onto the gun rights group.

"They've let thousands of people out of jail. They've changed the law so basically no one gets remanded on bail," he said. "They've essentially sat on the police and made it impossible for them to do their jobs effectively. And as a result, gangs are involved in just this spate of violence all over Brooklyn, the Bronx, upper Manhattan and shootings are up by 200 percent in New York City.

"Whenever this happens in Chicago or D.C. or New York, the local leaders blame the NRA and responsible gun owners," Barron added. "

I can only comment on what I can see or read about. I have NEVER once received an email saying "NRA was at the state house or congress lobbying, etc". What I get instead are nonsense mailers with some crazed picture of Nancy Pelosi grinning like the Grinch. Maybe instead of sending out "let's scare the sheep half to death" mailers they can talk about their accomplishments? There's nothing wrong with tooting one's own horn. If I hear nothing then all I have left is I can safely assume that they are doing nothing, except for creating crazy insane mailers and emails.

Here's one summary to start with:

PS: Please open the link, just don't read the blurb in the link summary.

Back
Top Bottom