Oops! An American shot, killed Zimbabwe's most beloved lion; world is pissed at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they did indeed drive through the reserve with a piece of meat at the back of the truck to lure the lion that is one thing. If they baited outisde of the preserve I dont see the problem provided baiting is legal.

Right. I don't know if they drove through the reserve or baited it from outside. and also, not sure what the laws are pertaining to each instance. I would put money on driving through the preserve to bait the animal would be illegal...not sure about baiting from outside the preserve...

Regardless of what you think the conclusion of that article was, feeling the need to kill an animal that you're not eating makes you a twat. That's my opinion. I stand by it.

The conclusion of that article is that the jury's still out on whether or not trophy hunting does actually help conservation and even the writer of the article agrees it's douchey (though he phrases it more diplomatically, "I don’t understand the desire to kill a magnificent animal for sport, even if the individual is an older non-breeding male. The sale of the right to kill an animal for a trophy surely reflects the value that animal lives hold in at least some corners of our society: that killing an animal for fun isn’t wrong, as long as you can afford it. It is right to worry about the sort of message that sends."

At best, trophy hunting and conservation of endangered species can co-exist. Great. Still, only a douchebag would shoot an elephant.

Regardless of what you think the conclusion of that article was, feeling the need to kill an animal that you're not eating makes you a twat. That's my opinion. I stand by it.

The conclusion of that article is that the jury's still out on whether or not trophy hunting does actually help conservation and even the writer of the article agrees it's douchey (though he phrases it more diplomatically, "I don’t understand the desire to kill a magnificent animal for sport, even if the individual is an older non-breeding male. The sale of the right to kill an animal for a trophy surely reflects the value that animal lives hold in at least some corners of our society: that killing an animal for fun isn’t wrong, as long as you can afford it. It is right to worry about the sort of message that sends."

At best, trophy hunting and conservation of endangered species can co-exist. Great. Still, only a douchebag would shoot an elephant.

The important question here is whether or not how you and others "Feel" in contradiction of law is sufficient justification for ruining someones life, carreer/etc when they have broken no laws nor have they been convicted of any crime

^^^agreed...luring a big game animal out of a preservation seems like cheating anyway...should be considered trapping instead of hunting

- - - Updated - - -

The important question here is whether or not how you and others "Feel" in contradiction of law is sufficient justification for ruining someones life, carreer/etc when they have broken no laws nor have they been convicted of any crime

kinda like tom brady

i don't believe in ruining this dude's life over how i feel if everything was actually legal but i still have my belief that the dude is a douche...especially given the prior incident with the bear...douches gonna douche

So you have no opinions? You agree with everything that's legal? Are you just being stupid or do you really believe that? Whose life am I trying to run by thinking that only douchbags shoot elephants?

I never suggested changing any laws or forcing anyone else to do anything....I simply said my opinion. People can live however they want and I reserve the right to have an opinion about it.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't believe in ruining this dude's life over how i feel if everything was actually legal but i still have my belief that the dude is a douche...especially given the prior incident with the bear...douches gonna douche

I don't agree with ruining his life either....I just think he's a twat. He can keep on twattin' on all he wants.

So you have no opinions? You agree with everything that's legal? Are you just being stupid or do you really believe that? Whose life am I trying to run by thinking that only douchbags shoot elephants?

I never suggested changing any laws or forcing anyone else to do anything....I simply said my opinion. People can live however they want and I reserve the right to have an opinion about it.

On this I couldnt give a crap if some guy followed the law in Zimbabwe and shot a lion

There are much much much bigger problems....like the whole mob justice issue I've touched upon

Zimbabwe's laws are their problem not ours

On this I couldnt give a crap if some guy followed the law in Zimbabwe and shot a lion

There are much much much bigger problems....like the whole mob justice issue I've touched upon

Zimbabwe's laws are their problem not ours

you're the only one talking about Zimbabwe's laws.

wow the anti hunting moonbattery is STRONG in this thread!

The guy had all the permits, and shot a lion outsideof any game preserve area. In addition he spend $50K, which will feed zimbabwian VILLAGES for the rest of the year. give him a ****ing break

you're the only one talking about Zimbabwe's laws.

Am I the only sane one in the thread who's not judgeing the guys actions?

- - - Updated - - -

The guy had all the permits, and shot a lion outsideof any game preserve area. In addition he spend $50K, which will feed zimbabwian VILLAGES for the rest of the year. give him a ****ing break

this

Am I the only sane one in the thread who's not judgeing the guys actions?

- - - Updated - - -

this

I don't know. But what I do know is that anyone who says they don't judge others is full of shit. I guess it's insane to not agree with shooting lions now and you have to be a moonbat. [rofl]

btw, I don't see any of you armchair anti-hunters BOW HUNTING for a big lion in-country! [rofl]

I don't know. But what I do know is that anyone who says they don't judge others is full of shit. I guess it's insane to not agree with shooting lions now and you have to be a moonbat. [rofl]

You're working from the assumption that someone SHOULD have an opinion on some subject that happens on the other side of the world and I counter than I dont agree and could give a crap.

Apparently he had a license and he personally followed all laws

Legal is legal......gotta love it when people are tried and convicted in the court of popular opinion without allowing the courts to do their job

He also somehow used the GPS tag that was put on the lion by the rangers to track him down. Not very sporting inmo. This guy has pulled crap like this before from what I've read and has little regard for rules, laws, etc. as long as he could satisfy his need to kill stuff. I'd love to see one of these guys try to hunt a skilled hunter who could shoot back and see how well it goes for them!

You're working from the assumption that someone SHOULD have an opinion on some subject that happens on the other side of the world and I counter than I dont agree and could give a crap.

you have an opinion too. You're just pretending not to. Your opinion is that this is all well and good. You think your opinion is right and mine is wrong and you're trying to pretend you have no opinion at all, which we know is horseshit.

I'm against killing animals for sport, however it's the natives that should have policed this guy better in my opinion. If he knowingly broke their rules then so be it but I highly doubt you can put any trust in what these guides are saying happened.

I'm against killing animals for sport, however it's the natives that should have policed this guy better in my opinion. If he knowingly broke their rules then so be it but I highly doubt you can put any trust in what these guides are saying happened.

anti hunter moonbat!

Sure the dude is a douche. Not a real sportsman. But lets clear up some facts. Lions are not on the endangered species list. Nor are they even on the less critical threatened species list. Anyone using this as an argument, better get their facts straight, if they want to be taken seriously.

you have an opinion too. You're just pretending not to. Your opinion is that this is all well and good. You think your opinion is right and mine is wrong and you're trying to pretend you have no opinion at all, which we know is horseshit.

ummmm....no

I really dont have an opinion about this guy shooting a lion with a bow and arrow outside of the fact that he apparently followed local laws and obviously has a much bigger set of balls than you and I

So please quit projecting

You werent a psych major were you?

Like Tom Brady? Ahahahahaha AYFKM?

OK, the one way I could see this analogy.

If the footballs were purposely deflated and it was not just that the official doing the original pressure test can't remember which gauge he used to measure etc, then I have a hard time believing Tom did not know. Why would a guy deflate the balls if it was not what the QB wanted.

If the lion was purposely baited off of a preserve I have a hard time believing the hunter was not aware of it and had even been pushing for it as a better trophy than what ever he had seen off the preserve in the first place.

And giving that this guy does seem to have an issue with staying with in the law on past hunts I am less likely to take his word this time.

I am all for hunting, even trophy hunting if done in a legal, sustainable manner. This guy's biggest problem as far as I am concerned is that he will generally screw up all hunting for everyone when the lash back against him causes hunting laws and limits to clamp down even more.

I'm not a fan of people that hunt just to watch something die and hang a skin on your wall.

F this guy
+1

He's not a hunter, he's one of the many "I wanna kill something" sort, who just go pay for the right to kill. This country took his money for him to kill a lion. The guide screwed up and now their prize lion is dead. THAT country should hold the guide accountable. And then, folks crying foul should aim their attention at the enablers..in this case, the country, for the killings.

I don't see any anti-hunting sentiment, just anti killing things only for the sake of killing them. Killing tasty animals to make delicious meals out of is something nobody in their right mind will oppose. (I add the 'right mind' caveat because I'm sitting in SFO waiting for a flight surrounded by dipshit hipster vegan *******s). Shooting an animal just to kill an animal is like bluffing your way through a dick measuring contest so you don't have to actually whip it out and get laughed out of the room.

Shit, people do the same thing in inner cities and they get hashtag campaigns and tearful 'just turning their life around' soundbites.

#lionlivesmatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom