Oops! An American shot, killed Zimbabwe's most beloved lion; world is pissed at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An estimated 5-700 male lions are poached each year and you people are worried about some dentist taking a bow and arrow into Africa and kill a single 13 year old lion? Really? Is it that slow of a news day? Lots of progressive PETA lovers coming out of the closet today.

This guy is a grand Douche among Douches.
Lures the animal out of a preserve and then to top it off the ****ing ******* shot it with a bow and the thing was left suffering for 40hrs before being put out of it's misery. Legal or not, I hope the guy get's testicular cancer

Palmer shot the lion with a bow and arrow, injuring it. The wounded lion was found 40 hours later and shot dead with a gun, Rodrigues said in the statement.

An estimated 5-700 male lions are poached each year and you people are worried about some dentist taking a bow and arrow into Africa and kill a single 13 year old lion? Really? Is it that slow of a news day? Lots of progressive PETA lovers coming out of the closet today.

Not a PETA lover. Those guys are batshit crazy. But I only agree with hunting for if the purpose of it is for food. And am absolutely against it if it's aimed at an endangered species. This ****er cut off it's head, took the skin, and left the rest to rot in the sun. On top of it all they tried to destroy the tracking collar so that the body wouldn't be readily found.
Also, it's not just a "single 13 year old lion". The way lion packs work is once a new male comes to power, that male generally kills all the cubs of the previous male. So you can kiss all this guys offspring goodbye as a result of this ****mo's actions

Last edited:
I don't see any anti-hunting sentiment, just anti killing things only for the sake of killing them. Killing tasty animals to make delicious meals out of is something nobody in their right mind will oppose. (I add the 'right mind' caveat because I'm sitting in SFO waiting for a flight surrounded by dipshit hipster vegan *******s). Shooting an animal just to kill an animal is like bluffing your way through a dick measuring contest so you don't have to actually whip it out and get laughed out of the room.

Shit, people do the same thing in inner cities and they get hashtag campaigns and tearful 'just turning their life around' soundbites.

#lionlivesmatter
#nationalbeatupahipsterday anybody?

Just because I disagree with his actions doesn't make me a PETA lover.

Just because I disagree with his actions doesn't make me a PETA lover.

The only reason you are even considering his actions is bc a bunch of hippies took up the story and plastered it all over the news. This crap happens hundreds of times a day in far more brutal fashion, where is all of your indignation for those deaths?

The only reason you are even considering his actions is bc a bunch of hippies took up the story and plastered it all over the news. This crap happens hundreds of times a day in far more brutal fashion, where is all of your indignation for those deaths?
Sure because you are me from a parallel universe and know why and how I considered his actions.

I just disagree with trophy hunting, it's that simple no tinfoil on my part same as I hate douchebags.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wow the anti hunting moonbattery is STRONG in this thread!

The guy had all the permits, and shot a lion outsideof any game preserve area. In addition he spend $50K, which will feed zimbabwian VILLAGES for the rest of the year. give him a ****ing break

I agree with everything you said. One exception though is that village won't see a dime of that money. too much corruption over there.

Sure because you are me from a parallel universe and know why and how I considered his actions.

I just disagree with trophy hunting, it's that simple no tinfoil on my part same as I hate douchebags.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My point was that you would never have had any knowledge of his actions. Thus considering.

con·sid·er·ing
kənˈsid(ə)riNG/
preposition & conjunction

taking into consideration.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"considering the conditions, it's very good"[/COLOR]
    synonyms:bearing in mind, taking into consideration, taking into account, keeping in mind, in view of, in light of

Yes an estimated 4-8 lions dies in connection with the death of a dominant male. I saw no indication this was the case. In fact, all indications were that this lion was well past the age where it could reproduce.

My point is that all of the righteous indignation throughout this thread is misplaced and simple bluster.

Unless it's to maintain health numbers of the herd, I'm not a fan of trophy hunters. To me, hunting should be for food and to maintain healthy numbers of animals. Having an unhealthy herd or animals dying because food is short is a worse situation.

Just because there are other more brutal poaches, that doesn't mean this guy isn't a POS.

Lions aren't endangered.
It is the PH'S responsibility which animal gets culled.
The $50,000+ the hunt cost goes towards conservation efforts.
Like it or not, animal populations need to be controlled.

According to logic being expressed here, I'm a douchebag who deserves nut cancer because I killed a skunk family two weeks ago, shot three porcupines last Spring, and am currently on the lookout for the woodchuck who is raiding my garden. No intention of eating any of them.

According to logic being expressed here, I'm a douchebag who deserves nut cancer because I killed a skunk family two weeks ago, shot three porcupines last Spring, and am currently on the lookout for the woodchuck who is raiding my garden. No intention of eating any of them.

small pests are not equal to big game animals

my reasoning has to do with these small rabbits and animals that are getting into your garden or squirrels getting into your attic (i.e. pests) vs large animals half a world away that are not bothering you

i had a chuck hanging around my yard...he didn't bother me one bit but if he had gotten into the garden then he would be dealt with

Last edited:
Sounds like he hooked up with a pretty disreputable guide service.
The PH is the one that calls the shots on these deals.
They obviously realized they screwed the pooch so they left the body to rot, because the normal practice is to donate any meat to local villages, you can't bring it back to the states.
And a lot of money coming in from these hunts goes to conservation and anti poaching efforts.

I'm a lifelong hunter and not a big fan personally of trophy hunting but I do know the positive effect that money coming into those areas has.
And lions are not endangered!
Screaming it a thousand times doesn't make it true.
The real dick move he made from my perspective is the shitty shot and letting the animal suffer for 40 hours.
If you can't put a decent shot on the thing , don't do it.
There's way too many guys that are legends in their own mind with a bow.

Apparently his guides suck at tracking too

Lions aren't endangered.
It is the PH'S responsibility which animal gets culled.
The $50,000+ the hunt cost goes towards conservation efforts.
Like it or not, animal populations need to be controlled.

maybe not officially on the list but...The African lion (Panthera leo leo) faces the threat of extinction by the year 2050, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service director Dan Ashe warned today. (October 2014)

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com...could-gain-endangered-species-act-protection/

My, my, my. . . .the "it is MY right to carry. . ." bunch apparently takes the tone of:

" But I only agree with hunting if the purpose of it is for food."

How interesting. With a little creative paraphrasing that could be:

"But I only agree with carrying a gun if it can be demonstrated the person has a NEED to protect themselves"

The fact is, a very small percentage of us 300 million 'mericans will encounter a kill or be killed situation in our lives. So most of you "Don't Tread on Me" types would not have a gun.

So, according to the anti big game hunters on this forum they should not have any guns unless they demonstrate a need for one.

Cue up the "It is our right under the 2nd amendment" crowd howling that big game hunting is not a right and not NEEDED.. . . in five, four, three, two. . . . . .

And it's thier first step to outlawing hunting altogether, they probably are ok with Kalifornias no lead law. After all "It's for the Animals" !

I'm just thankful he used a bow, and not a rifle.

Gun owners worldwide would be guilty by association.

Sick and tired of this bullshit.

He injured it with a bow tracked it for 40 hours and shot it with a rifle.... that's pretty f***ing unethical and scummy hunting for meat or not. Also yeah not going to support him for the guides trying to remove the tracker on the lion either. In short he done f***ed up. Matching that with dragging meat on a jeep to lure the lion off the reserve. Guy is a dbag

He injured it with a bow tracked it for 40 hours and shot it with a rifle.... that's pretty f***ing unethical and scummy hunting for meat or not. Also yeah not going to support him for the guides trying to remove the tracker on the lion either. In short he done f***ed up. Matching that with dragging meat on a jeep to lure the lion off the reserve. Guy is a dbag
You don't get out in the woods much, do you ? You statement is stupid.

with all the people in this world you could hunt down and kill, why would you want to hunt a lion? i dont get the dangerous game trophy hunters, if you want a challenge, a dangerous quarry, go hunt people pussy.

Not much of a hunter, but, I'd like to massacre the Bambis in my back yard, because they're pests.

Am I bad?

Now, as to the dichotomy between "meat" and "trophy" hunters.... A few years back a teen harvested an all-white whitetail locally (metrowest). Kid was a "meat" hunter. But, he was pilloried for not letting the "special" deer go.
http://www.milforddailynews.com/article/20111216/NEWS/312169949

Was HE bad?

Anti hunters put their spin on what is right. "Get meat from the store, where no animals are hurt", or "MEAT IS MURDER!"

If the guy followed all laws, then he did nothing wrong.

the reason that there is any big-game conservation in Africa is primarily because they charge people with too much money a good chunk to take a trophy. Were it not for dentists wanting Simba on the wall, all of his relatives would end up in stew pots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom