Panic Buying

Historically, recounts almost never reverse the result of an election.

Tell that to Norm Coleman (R who beat Al Franken before the recount). Guess it is really the Al Franken decade.

Or the governor of WA who only got in after winning the third count (second recount). The courts allowed recounts to repeat until one favored the D, then ordered a stop to the recounts.

Walmart has federal 9mm at .18/rd, tula steel cased at .15/rd. Now is the time to stack some ammo, magazines, and guns while they're reasonably priced.

????

We can buy ARs again? I've been out of the loop, did something change, or are you just being sarcastic?

you can buy pre7/20 ARs private sale, there are a few in the classifieds. Can't remember if FFLs can transfer them.

Whether youd want to do an eFA10 on one is another story.

Is there ever a bad time to buy guns and ammo?

Plenty of times ..2008-2016 or after Sandy Hook,or after Virginia Tech,etc...You know how many fools on this very website were paying almost $1.00 a round for 855,or $.60 a rd for regular 5.56 ball,or $.40 a rd for x39 ?

Never buy during a panic,or after one.Wait a year or so..

Like right now is a good time,if I needed ammo I would be stocking up.

Now's a great time!!!! 9mm has really started to come down and I'm starting to see (although slowly) .22LR start to come back down as well

Stock up time gentlemen :)

Go to bed tonight saying "I'll get it tomorrow" , wake up to reports of sandy hook.
Don't count on stores to store your ammo for you like I DID.
It won't happen to me again.
Ammo prices and wives hardly ever go down. Take advantage of the situation when it happens

Go to bed tonight saying "I'll get it tomorrow" , wake up to reports of sandy hook.
Ammo prices and wives hardly ever go down. Take advantage of the situation when it happens

Yup, I was shopping for a Galil ACE on July 19. Thought I could stew on it for a while.

Reps inbound. [thumbsup]

????

We can buy ARs again? I've been out of the loop, did something change, or are you just being sarcastic?

Anyone with a telephone/computer/functioning brain cells can get new ARs in MA, right now. They're not hanging off the ceiling at four seasons but hell there are even vendors on faceplant advertising them. Some may be sold as crippled, but that doesn't mean you have to keep them that way either. (depending on whether or not you believe Healy's BS, which I don't. )

-Mike

Anyone with a telephone/computer/functioning brain cells can get new ARs in MA, right now. They're not hanging off the ceiling at four seasons but hell there are even vendors on faceplant advertising them. Some may be sold as crippled, but that doesn't mean you have to keep them that way either. (depending on whether or not you believe Healy's BS, which I don't. )

-Mike
Just be careful not to incriminate yourself...

Just be careful not to incriminate yourself...

For violating a law that doesn't exist? [rofl]

If I didn't own the AR I got last June, I would not hesitate to run out and buy an AR that complies with the mass AWB, as it is actually written.

-Mike

Make better choices [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For violating a law that doesn't exist? [rofl]

If I didn't own the AR I got last June, I would not hesitate to run out and buy an AR that complies with the mass AWB, as it is actually written.

-Mike
If you get an AR now, an FA10 is asking for trouble. Also, I would argue that you no longer need to meet the features test.

If you get an AR now, an FA10 is asking for trouble.

Tons of people are FA-10ing builds and shops are still transferring ARs and clones to people, on FA-10s. The state has called some of these dealers and the dealer-with-balls says "We believe the product we're selling is in compliance with her edict" and that's pretty much the end of it.

Absolutely nothing has happened. Nor has anything happened to the (hundreds? thousand+?) people who bought ARs (or similar type of healey edict banned stuff) on the compliance cutoff window of a day or two around the time the letter was released.

At first I was more paranoid , but now, not so much. It's still "same shit different
day in MA. " as the past 15 years. The only difference is dealers are "more scared" of
the AG because of a "strongly worded letter". (Even if we call the threatening criminal
charges a form of bluffing or bluster, I think most dealers are scared of the "AG can just
shut me down with a few phone calls even if I'm not charged" problem. )

Now that having been said, if the legislature, or the courts go full retard, dodging FA-10s may have been a good tactical move. At that though, they still have to allow a window because they're not going to want to deal with the obvious "takings" problem. Even then though, If it goes to this point I think gun owners have a lot worse things to worry about in MA than just an AR ban, that's likely the tip of the shit-berg.

Also, I would argue that you no longer need to meet the features test.

What would make you say that? Not quite the same thing because that test is actually part of the real (original) law, as well as the institutional interpretation of it in MA for like 20? someod years. (at least back since GCA 98 in MA). Healey's nonsense is not and should be completely ignored. IMHO at least at present, a DA might still actually enforce the real law but they're not going to even act as though Healey's phantasm even exists.

-Mike

Last edited:
If you get an AR now, an FA10 is asking for trouble. Also, I would argue that you no longer need to meet the features test.

I FA10ed my SBRed lower when it got approved back in February. I'm still waiting on the JBT to kick my door down lol.

Right now, I am taking advantage of the low online ammo prices and stocking up bigly for the next 3 years.

I'm with Mike, follow the AWB cause that's still a real law, and you can't argue that Healy's edict is BS and then in the same breath say her edict allows you to ignore the features law.

I haven't seen any ARs for sale on Faceplant though, I must be blind. [sad]

Back
Top Bottom