Panic Buying

Been slowly and steadily increasing my inventory so I can mostly sit this one out. Only thing I bought was 308 175 GMM and some 6.5 Creedmoor. The GMM seems to disappear for for a long time when these runs hit.

I was really, really not going to buy anymore powder until I used up the 'will work' powders I bought during the last drought when I couldn't find what I really wanted. Wasn't going to take part in the tin-foil ammo powder and primer rush of 2016.

Then I walked into Bi-Mart last night just for windshield washer fluid and when I walked past the ammo counter the guy said "hey, I've got a bunch of H335 now - AND H110 - you still looking? Sold out this morning, just unloaded the news stuff, no idea when we'll get more".

And somehow I left with a few pounds of powder. Going to inventory my primers today and see if I need to run back in.

I was really, really not going to buy anymore powder until I used up the 'will work' powders I bought during the last drought when I couldn't find what I really wanted. Wasn't going to take part in the tin-foil ammo powder and primer rush of 2016.

Then I walked into Bi-Mart last night just for windshield washer fluid and when I walked past the ammo counter the guy said "hey, I've got a bunch of H335 now - AND H110 - you still looking? Sold out this morning, just unloaded the news stuff, no idea when we'll get more".

And somehow I left with a few pounds of powder. Going to inventory my primers today and see if I need to run back in.

Good idea. It will never spoil is the way I look at it.

Just bought 8500 rounds of mixed calibers totaling over $1800. I'll be good for a while. Between the recent shooting and the election coming up I don't want to have to buy anything for another year.

You didn't know that all powder and primers manufactured within the last five years goes bad after 6 months? :D

You know, that might be the most brilliant anti 2A idea ever. The gov't just needs to do to gunpowder what it did to gasoline with the mandatory ethanol.

One particular vendor who has increased 9 by 20% seems to be getting a slow uptake at the higher prices - if, of course, the supply chain updates are accurate.

I just splurged on some 9mm, 45ACP and 5.56. Sigh... Always when I'm trying to save money do we have another panic...

I think the really real panic will come if Hillary gets elected.

....Now I have to go wash my mouth out with soap after typing those words.

That's why I have been shopping and buying - need more 5.56 (only have 4K rounds - I can go through 500 in a day at the range). I've been getting 308 Federal 168 Grain Gold Medal Match for $1.10 ea. I'm at my 10K on 22 ammo and my 9mm stash is ~3K.

I can't wait until all the grown men start crying about "hoarders" again

It'll be interesting to see if there are still that many people who go buy ammo on the same day they are headed to the range. One would think by now that everyone would have learned their lesson and be better prepared for potential shortages.

I was gonna finally buy an AK too.

Why wait? It's a crap shoot as to whether it's gonna get any better.
I just watched a good 45 minutes of "the 100 idiots in washington", and they're kow-towing to murphy asking him what to do. As if he knows. He and Blumenthal believe that gunz are bad, except for the people that protect them.

If you don't recognize the names "murphy" and "blumenthal", they're Connecticut's Senators. And you know they referenced Newtown multiple times, and their personal feelings while speaking. Lots of talk about this "hate crime", and "gun violence". Little talk about "jihad". Lots and lots of "if you can't fly, why can you buy a gun", "universal background checks", "close the internet loophole".

I don't know if they'll actually get anything done, but it's discouraging because their focus is all about the EVIL GUNZ and GUN VIOLENCE.

So, if you've been thinking about an AK, go buy it.

Somebody mentioned before that they had 3K of 9mm. That's good for them, I've got 2K of 9mm in my truck from the last couple of shopping trips, because I've been shooting like 400 rounds a week and I always try to buy a little more than I shoot. Probably got another 4K on the shelves here, and a 5 or 6K more at home. Nowhere near enough if there's any kind of run on ammo.

So, buy more ammo too. It doesn't spoil.

I try to buy components and ammunition that I don't reload on a regular basis. The last panic didnt really impact me going to the range and the next one probably wont either.

I'm trying to do my part... Last week I happened by my LGS and notices a couple of cheap guns and bought em "just cuz". Picked up a Marlin 60 and an old Iver Johnson 12 GA for $190 total:) yesterday I called my other LGS and bought a pair of mossberg mmr's, pick the second up when it comes in tomorrow. Meantime I ordered 2000 rounds of ammo to go along with the case of 223, 3 bricks of 22 and 300 rounds of shotgun ammo I bought last week.

Pb&j for me this week...

It'll be interesting to see if there are still that many people who go buy ammo on the same day they are headed to the range. One would think by now that everyone would have learned their lesson and be better prepared for potential shortages.

I got into it right at the same time as sandy hook. I will NEVER do that again, I will never be limited to 2 magazines worth of ammo and not knowing when I can get more. Ammo in the safe is just as good as money in the bank.

I highly doubt it, the "normalcy bias" is way too strong among most people. Most will never wake up no matter what befalls them.

The Dems are going full bore on this. It is out of control. Meanwhile the dysfunctional Republican so-called leadership has its collective head up its ass. They are going to hand this election to the Hilderbeast on a silver platter, and we are all going to be up shits creek with only an AK shovel.

Back
Top Bottom