• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PPQ

anyone have both or shot both the standard PPQ and the 5inch? If so is the 5 inch worth the extra money and size? thanks

Have you sent CrownMP a message? He's a great guy, I've known him personally for many years. He shoots a lot and he has the 5 in. for sale in the classifieds.

owned both. got rid of both. trigger nice but slide mass too light. recoil impulse shit compared to other 9's out there. better options out there IMO. PPQ has mistique becuse we live behind iron curtain. i would take an M&P, P320 or VP9 over the PPQ any day. YMMV

dont get me wrong its still a great pistol, just not the miracle machine some claim it to be.

Last edited:
anyone have both or shot both the standard PPQ and the 5inch? If so is the 5 inch worth the extra money and size? thanks
Not sure what people are willing to spend on these but seems like they are the new Glocks, LOL.. My price was 589 (5 inch)New but none also in stock yet.
(do not ask me where)

owned both. got rid of both. trigger nice but slide mass too light. recoil impulse shit compared to other 9's out there. better options out there IMO. PPQ has mistique becuse we live behind iron curtain. i would take an M&P, P320 or VP9 over the PPQ any day. YMMV

dont get me wrong its still a great pistol, just not the miracle machine some claim it to be.
thanks for the detailed info..I hated the M& P trigger but it didn't have a trigger job...can't find the 320 to look at/shoot and for some reason the VP9 trigger really hurt my finger...otherwise I loved it

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what people are willing to spend on these but seems like they are the new Glocks, LOL.. My price was 589 (5 inch)New but none also in stock yet.
(do not ask me where)

guy on Armslist was asking $1500..he dropped it to $1150 though hes got 3 extra mags...I'll wait lol

thanks for the detailed info..I hated the M& P trigger but it didn't have a trigger job...can't find the 320 to look at/shoot and for some reason the VP9 trigger really hurt my finger...otherwise I loved it

- - - Updated - - -

guy on Armslist was asking $1500..he dropped it to $1150 though hes got 3 extra mags...I'll wait lol

S&W M&P 9 with an APEX kit or a trigger job from a good gunsmith is a GREAT SHOOTER!

thanks for all the input...I think I'll look for a 320 fullsized for now or a FNS-L ...unless anyone wants to dump a PPQ cheap :)

Last edited:
Just getting back in to shooting competively and I carry a Sig 938 daily. Back up Carry is an M&P shield 9mm - I also own the VP9 and was infatuated by the trigger and re-set on the PPQ, but haven't fired it. Can I ask you to extrapolate on our comment - I wa set to buy a PPQ and sell my vP9

Mark

Just getting back in to shooting competively and I carry a Sig 938 daily. Back up Carry is an M&P shield 9mm - I also own the VP9 and was infatuated by the trigger and re-set on the PPQ, but haven't fired it. Can I ask you to extrapolate on our comment - I wa set to buy a PPQ and sell my vP9

Mark

Where are you shooting? There's a head to head steel match at Wallum Lake Sunday - I'm happy to bring a PPQ for you to try out

I have a 5in PPQ and have no problems with the recoil and love the trigger. A light slide should not increase recoil or muzzle flip; decreasing the weight of reciprocating parts should help reduce muzzle flip, not increase it.

I gave am giving up on the PPQ because the grip is all wrong for my hands. Too bad, other than that I loved it.

Back
Top Bottom