Richard Tisei Called Me Today

So all you who are down on Tisei (and believe me, I'm no fan of the RINO) are saying that Moulton would be a better choice? I mean, setting aside the 2A issue for just a second, on all other "platform" points, would Moulton be the better choice? Honestly would just like to get a feel for how people are thinking.

Either one would sell you down the river in a heartbeat.
Tisei is just the same turd wearing better perfume.
He's already proven it.

Not sure if serious... Did you see him squirm when the AWB and Hi-Cap mags were brought in to the discussion? It was like someone turned up the heat in the frying pan and he automatically said Yes to both in a heartbeat.

He's clearly not on the side of liberty. He is a waste of time and effort.
Dead serious. It's the activism that matters. If you don't make yourself heard, you don't exist. In the end you still have to walk into the voting booth, hold your nose and pick one.

Dead serious. It's the activism that matters. If you don't make yourself heard, you don't exist. In the end you still have to walk into the voting booth, hold your nose and pick one.

No you don't. Voting for the lesser of two evils is exactly why both idiot parties keep putting up loser after loser.

Yup, no matter which party is in power they rarely if ever restore our rights taken by the other party and they just take away more of our rights themselves.

How can you vote for someone you know is going to take your rights away?

Makes no sense to stay home and not vote for the RINO. With him you've got a chance, with the Dem you got definite crap sandwich. The unicorn of a third party that is viable is a Fairytale. if your life was on the line and one guy sometimes goes your way but the other guy never does, u make the call .

Not sure if serious... Did you see him squirm when the AWB and Hi-Cap mags were brought in to the discussion? It was like someone turned up the heat in the frying pan and he automatically said Yes to both in a heartbeat.

He's clearly not on the side of liberty. He is a waste of time and effort.

But if we "stay home" on this one, Moulton wins just by being a Dem, a "good story", a war hero in the public's eye, "handsome" according to the wife (mine, not his [smile] )....Can't stay out of this one - that's sort of like saying "stay out of the Guv race cuz Baker is a RINO"...But isn't a RINO better than another anti-gun MA democrat ??

Even though Tisei is far from an ideal candidate he will at least help keep the House in GOP control. Just try to remember when Pelosi ran the show in the House and we had a Dem Senate. We need to think beyond just the gun control weakness of the GOP candidate in question.

IMO opinion it's better to hold your nose and vote than not to vote at all.

If it's true that you deserve what you tolerate you must really deserve what you actively support and endorse.

No you don't. Voting for the lesser of two evils is exactly why both idiot parties keep putting up loser after loser.

But then Derek, what's the solution, for those of us anchored (ugh!!!) in MA? If not vote for the lesser of two evils, then...what? If we stay home, Moulton wins for having pretty-boy looks (see my previous post).

Never stay home! Some stayed home for Obama-Romney! (Can they get a raincheck on that one, please??)

But then Derek, what's the solution, for those of us anchored (ugh!!!) in MA? If not vote for the lesser of two evils, then...what? If we stay home, Moulton wins for having pretty-boy looks (see my previous post).

Never stay home! Some stayed home for Obama-Romney! (Can they get a raincheck on that one, please??)

I have to agree. A non-vote for Tisei is equal to a yes vote for Moulton. To just pick up your ball and go home is not the smart way to play the game.

Some people can't in good conscience cast a vote for somebody who has admitted they want to take away their rights. Other people rationalize it and vote for that person while holding their nose, sacrificing their principles because of the deluded notion that they think they're actually fixing something with their single vote. Which ones do you think are actively perpetuating the problem?

I have to agree. A non-vote for Tisei is equal to a yes vote for Moulton. To just pick up your ball and go home is not the smart way to play the game.

The vote that matters is the vote by Tisei or Moulton for speaker of the house. If Nancy Pelosi is speaker, they are going to attack gun rights. If Boehner is the speaker, they'll be pro gun and maybe tuck a few pro gun things in here and there. Can't really do too much with the incompetent one in the WH.

It's the same for Senate in NH. Harry Reid already showed you what he'll give you. 2 more years of LIBERAL judges stuffed in the federal courts. If it's Mcconnell obama's term is over because they'll stop everything including the judges. So yeah, Brown isn't the greatest. But his first vote is what matters, after that there won't be any Reid or obama bills, they'll all be voted down.

The sooner this country ditches the political duopoly that's been screwing us over for generations the better. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like that will be happening in my lifetime.

Even though Tisei is far from an ideal candidate he will at least help keep the House in GOP control. Just try to remember when Pelosi ran the show in the House and we had a Dem Senate. We need to think beyond just the gun control weakness of the GOP candidate in question.

IMO opinion it's better to hold your nose and vote than not to vote at all.
Correct. I am not thrilled with Tisei either, but control of the US House and US Senate are overwhelmingly important to retaining our 2A rights. Furthermore, Moulton sounds like another crazy Tolman-like anti-2A activist wannabe. Can anyone possibly be more anti-2A? [thinking]

The single most disturbing thing I have ever read on NES (and done so repeatedly, unfortunately) is the notion that control of the US House and US Senate don't matter. Nothing could be further from the truth. [angry2]

I'm a black and white kind of guy, just a simple thinker, not abstract at all. Voting for my conscience was what I did before I was married now I vote where my best chance lies. It aint third party or stay home. I've got no principals other than what gives me the best shot at retaining my gun rights. Plus, I'm a realist.

Last edited:
I'm a black and white kind of guy, just a simple thinker, not abstract at all. Voting for my conscience was what I did before I was married now I vote where my best chance lies. It aint third party or stay home. I've got no principals other than what gives me the best shot at retaining my gun rights.

Good luck with either option. And try to think beyond the election in front of you. There may be a bigger picture out there, and a different course of action may actually be in your best interests in the long run.

Same debate as two years ago when all the Libertarians voted for their perfect candidate and Tisei lost to Tierney by less than the Libertarian vote total. Now the Dems have a much better candidate and he could be there forever. IMO, it's time to take a chance on Tisei if he's looking for our support. Somebody needs to tell him what that means and what he needs to do now and in the next two years to win and keep our support:
"Richie - look at Scott Brown's run against Marsha Coakley. We believed he was on our side, and we supported him with our money and our votes. He won. Then he turned his back on us and we had no reason to support him in his race against Warren. He lost. Capisce? You're not going to win any votes from the gun-control crowd because your opponent owns them. You need to get squared away with GOAL, make a serious unequivocal commitment to support and defend the second amendment and then we'll talk."

Same debate as two years ago when all the Libertarians voted for their perfect candidate and Tisei lost to Tierney by less than the Libertarian vote total. Now the Dems have a much better candidate and he could be there forever. IMO, it's time to take a chance on Tisei if he's looking for our support. Somebody needs to tell him what that means and what he needs to do now and in the next two years to win and keep our support:
"Richie - look at Scott Brown's run against Marsha Coakley. We believed he was on our side, and we supported him with our money and our votes. He won. Then he turned his back on us and we had no reason to support him in his race against Warren. He lost. Capisce? You're not going to win any votes from the gun-control crowd because your opponent owns them. You need to get squared away with GOAL, make a serious unequivocal commitment to support and defend the second amendment and then we'll talk."

Educating him and getting an on the record commitment from him before deciding to vote for him makes a ton of sense. It sounds like folks on here can watch that video on the other page - his current on the record position - and still vote for him though. Good luck getting a favorable commitment from him with that bargaining chip.

Educating him and getting an on the record commitment from him before deciding to vote for him makes a ton of sense. It sounds like folks on here can watch that video on the other page - his current on the record position - and still vote for him though. Good luck getting a favorable commitment from him with that bargaining chip.

He was reaching out to me when he phoned me. He knew there were concerns on his gun control stance. I helped to educate him and used Scott Brown as an example when he brought up Scott's name. I sincerely hope he contacts GOAL.

Last time I'll say it, "We need to stop Seth Moulton." Half of a loaf is better than no loaf.

I grew up in his Senate district, I volunteered for his campaigns when I was a teenager and in my 20s. I worked on a public access show that he was host of. If I still lived in Wakefield, I would be in MOPP IV and voting for him. Several people I am close with in Wakefield who are active in the Republican Town Committee still support him, despite conversations on his 2A stance.

In 2002 his office helped me resolve an issue with a certain state agency, and it was done quite quickly. I have to give him credit, where credit is due.

His changes in his politics has been a near constant disappointment to me. I would not be volunteering for him, donating money, or campaigning for him.

I'd be interested in hearing how old some of the people supporting the lesser of two evils approach to politics are. Not just this election, but in general. I suspect you guys tend to be older than those who don't, on average.

Back
Top Bottom