Richard Tisei Called Me Today

I'd be interested in hearing how old some of the people supporting the lesser of two evils approach to politics are. Not just this election, but in general. I suspect you guys tend to be older than those who don't, on average.
The younger the voter, the more idealistic they might be (take Obama as an example) , but being on the back half does not mean I don't wish for a different candidate. I just know through past and present elections, this will not happen, even remotely, in my or my childrens lifetime. the quickest way to losing our gun rights forever is allowing democrats to win the control. They ARE out to take away our guns, the Repubs have enough sense to side with us most of the time. Its undeniable.

They want you to believe you have a chance then they will stab you in the back.I am pretty sure that there have been a number of instances where candidates were highly rated by the NRA and after they got elected they voted against the RKBA. They can't be trusted.

Makes no sense to stay home and not vote for the RINO. With him you've got a chance, with the Dem you got definite crap sandwich. The unicorn of a third party that is viable is a Fairytale. if your life was on the line and one guy sometimes goes your way but the other guy never does, u make the call .

They want you to believe you have a chance then they will stab you in the back.I am pretty sure that there have been a number of instances where candidates were highly rated by the NRA and after they got elected they voted against the RKBA. They can't be trusted.
soooo, stay home or vote for someone who cant win ?? Ill take a chance as there is no other realistic choice. Sometimes I think some on here WANT the Dems to win, after all it is Massachusetts. There are no Dems in my family history.

Last edited:
soooo, stay home or vote for someone who cant win ?? Ill take a chance as there is no other realistic choice. Sometimes I think some on here WANT the Dems to win, after all it is Massachusetts. There are no Dems in my family history.

Any independents?

I'd be interested in hearing how old some of the people supporting the lesser of two evils approach to politics are. Not just this election, but in general. I suspect you guys tend to be older than those who don't, on average.

Are you calling me old, LOL. I think it's more than the generation, I think a lot of it has to do with living in the PRM. I've been a Mass-hole for 51 years and I've always been in the minority. My vote rarely counts, yet I always vote. In this state it's always the lesser of two evils. I will be a NH resident within the next five years. I look forward to making a difference with my vote, Mass is just too far down the rabbit hole.

So you're voting for someone that will stab you in the back. Sorry I vote my conscience and that does not include the so called lesser of 2 evils. If there is only donkey or elephant dung to choose from I don't waste my time. As long as people keep supporting either pile of poop we will keep getting shit on.

The way I see it, they both suck. But the problem with Moulton is he is a charismatic hole of ass who can be incredibly dangerous. He's already vehemently anti-gun, and has other strong anti-liberty views. But he's got that certain something that tells me if he gets in, he's headed for a long and successful career, and that's the last thing we need. Another dangerous political superstar that has a meteoric rise to greatness. Only thing is, this guy actually seems like he's got brainpower, and will be more than just a puppet.

At least Tisei is just a big doofus who will show up, collect his pay and freebies and make his pilgrimage to Israel and be a good little congress critter, towing the party line.

Moulton is the kind of craptastic effer that the aging D's and soccer moms just love to pieces, and will destroy this country if given the chance because "it's for the children". Mark my words.

Don't vote for either. You're not obliged to vote either Democrat or Republican. Either stay home or actually vote for somebody that will protect your hard-fought freedoms.

This nails it for me. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of evils. If a politician wants my vote he has to earn it. He doesn't get my check mark at the ballots unless he's willing to protect my Constitutional rights.

If we vote for the very politicians that assail our liberties into office, how can we complain when we lose what little we have left?

The very reason you are stuck choosing between two evils is because people accommodate it. It's enabling, and as long as people do, it won't change. The second reason is this idea there are only two sides. Forget about that, and maybe the slow roll to changing the system can start.

Good luck with either option. And try to think beyond the election in front of you. There may be a bigger picture out there, and a different course of action may actually be in your best interests in the long run.
Can you be a little more vague?

Plenty of people here instantly ready suggest that doing nothing is the best course of action. We have a two party system, unless we go to proportional representation you are going to have two choices.

The very reason you are stuck choosing between two evils is because people accommodate it. It's enabling, and as long as people do, it won't change. The second reason is this idea there are only two sides. Forget about that, and maybe the slow roll to changing the system can start.
I know gun rights might not be the #1 issue with all this Dem or Rep thing. If it is though the two cant be compaired seriously. If there is change, youre talking past our lifetime.

Can you be a little more vague?

Plenty of people here instantly ready suggest that doing nothing is the best course of action. We have a two party system, unless we go to proportional representation you are going to have two choices.

The two party system is where we ended up, its not law (I only state this obvious fact because I'm not sure you and others realize it). We only have a 2 party system because people are too myopic to look beyond the election in front of them. They're too scared to give 1 inch of ground to the greater of the two evils so they keep voting for the lesser. That's stupid and shortsighted. It's also selfish, screwing future generations out of a better country for their own perceived instant gratification.

The two party system is where we ended up, its not law (I only state this obvious fact because I'm not sure you and others realize it). We only have a 2 party system because people are too myopic to look beyond the election in front of them. They're too scared to give 1 inch of ground to the greater of the two evils so they keep voting for the lesser. That's stupid and shortsighted. It's also selfish, screwing future generations out of a better country for their own perceived instant gratification.
It's our winner take all elections. They pretty much guarantee that the top two parties will win most elections. If we instituted proportional representation, third parties would be elected in our next election. Fat chance of dems and repubs changing things to lose their advantage though.

Fact: Neither candidate is a true supporter of 2A rights.

Fact: Moulton, the Democratic candidate is clearly an opponent of 2A rights, while the Tisei, the Republican candidate panders to his audience and tells whoever is listening what they want to hear.

Solution: Assuming that the Republican party represents issues beyond 2A rights that most contributors to this forum agree with, why not publicly call out the Republican candidate and force him to go on record as to his stance on 2A rights? Make it clear that he is expected to support those rights when elected and that his tenure will be short if he deviates from that position. This is all about accountability. We know what the Democrat stands for and he is not changing his mind. The Republican has at one time or another at least claimed to be a 2A supporter. Make him come clean and hold him to it. I want to vote. I don't want to vote for the Democrat. I'm calling Tisei Monday morning and putting his feet to the fire on 2A by demanding that he clarify his position and stick to it. You should call him too.

Chris

It's our winner take all elections. They pretty much guarantee that the top two parties will win most elections. If we instituted proportional representation, third parties would be elected in our next election. Fat chance of dems and repubs changing things to lose their advantage though.

True. Our system almost encourages tyranny. Fortunately it also has built in mechanisms to address its inevitable rise.

Fact: Neither candidate is a true supporter of 2A rights.

Fact: Moulton, the Democratic candidate is clearly an opponent of 2A rights, while the Tisei, the Republican candidate panders to his audience and tells whoever is listening what they want to hear.

Solution: Assuming that the Republican party represents issues beyond 2A rights that most contributors to this forum agree with, why not publicly call out the Republican candidate and force him to go on record as to his stance on 2A rights? Make it clear that he is expected to support those rights when elected and that his tenure will be short if he deviates from that position. This is all about accountability. We know what the Democrat stands for and he is not changing his mind. The Republican has at one time or another at least claimed to be a 2A supporter. Make him come clean and hold him to it. I want to vote. I don't want to vote for the Democrat. I'm calling Tisei Monday morning and putting his feet to the fire on 2A by demanding that he clarify his position and stick to it. You should call him too.

Chris

He went on record, it's on the first page. He's an enemy of the Constitution and freedom.

Give me a better course of action and I will do it.

Chris

There is no course of action wrt the present race except stay home in protest, vote third party or write them in, or sacrifice your principles and vote for the enemy. It's too late for everything else in this race. All I know is that selling out ain't going to break the cycle, and selling out for the sake of a MA republican isn't worth it.

Give me a better course of action and I will do it.

Chris

Just my opinion, but staying home is never a good option. Better to simply leave THAT PARTICULAR RACE on the ballot blank, but make sure you still vote for your State Senator, State Rep, County Judge, Town Administrator, etc., as long as there are half-decent choices.

These are actually the more important races anyway, both because they more directly affect you in the short-term, and also because many of the winners of these races will undoubtedly run for higher office in the future.

As for me, I plan on writing in Chuck Norris for US Rep against the latest incompetent Kennedy to represent the Commonwealth from the 4th District.

You might also consider attending your town's Republican (or if you're really brave) Democrat Town Committee meetings when you have the chance. This is where the really bad ground-level decisions of who to nominate are being made.

I will not reward a RINO with my vote. If they learn that they will not gain our support unless they truly support our positions and show that we can trust in their word they should not be rewarded with our votes.

We are small in #, our vote doesnt mean enough. Cut our nose to spite our face doesn't work, there are not many 3% ers here, the dems will take our guns , the Repubs might. Gotta choose or loose.

Fascinating dilemma here: vote for the RINO to prevent the "anti's anti" from getting in; or, let the "anti's anti" get in (by voting for him, or sitting it out, or writing in Scooby Doo, etc.) in order to teach the RINO a lesson. What to do. If the RINO gets in, no lesson learned by RINO or his fellow travelers. He is rewarded for his bonehead stance on 2A because the other guy happens to suck "more" on 2A.

This state sucks.

I will not reward a RINO with my vote. If they learn that they will not gain our support unless they truly support our positions and show that we can trust in their word they should not be rewarded with our votes.

Just don't stay home, even if it means the only check-mark you make on the ballot is for dog-catcher. One of the reasons we lose at the local and state-rep level is because people think because there's no decent candidate running for president, governor, US Senate, etc., that it isn't worth going to vote for lesser offices. I'm convinced we've shot ourselves in the a*s more than once by not voting at all, for this reason[thinking].

I think if you want them to get the message you need to contact their campaign and tell them why they aren't getting your vote. As the republicans continue to get steamrolled in this state they move further to the left as they believe it will gain them more mainstream acceptance.

Back
Top Bottom