RMR, optic, Red Dot for a Glock?

so you not joking.

ok, just ask what you need to know - as i have it.
in one sentence - this is an ultralow design that sits the red dot at the same - almost - level with your stock low iron sights. on ALL other designs you draw your gun and the dot is higher than you used to, and it messes you up.
with SCS the dot is at the level of stock sights that makes all the difference in the world. you do the draw - and it is right there.
other than that - it is just an another solar powered holosun, always active and always working

Here - ultra low, sits with no adapters needed. I need to buy a good rear sight again, but, keep skinflinting. :)
View attachment 714140
Wow, that fits very nice.

Everywhere online says people have to buy taller sights. Did you have to?

Wow, that fits very nice.

Everywhere online says people have to buy taller sights. Did you have to?
I had suppressor height tritium sights there as it was set with leupold dpp - as can be seen on the picture I posted :) it is a shitty original plastic stock sight back on it now.
Kinda whole point behind scs design, to bring it back to stock low aim line.

No suppressor sights needed with the SCS. Its made for the MOS with no plates required either.
if only holosun would make the rmr milled new models shaped like that, to ditch damn plates altogether...

I am so impatient. Just ordered a 5 MOA SRO for my competition gun. Was going to wait for the new Holosun 507 Competition to hit the streets, but at $519 and instock, the SRO seemed like a good deal.

I am so impatient. Just ordered a 5 MOA SRO for my competition gun. Was going to wait for the new Holosun 507 Competition to hit the streets, but at $519 and instock, the SRO seemed like a good deal.
the SRO is awesome

For competition guns, I think I might try the FTP if my old C-Mores ever die. Large lens, big dot sizes. They seem to get great reviews on BE

i sent mine back to amazon, it was garbage. dunno. may be i got a bad one.

They aren’t the best in the world, and have small glass, but about 5 years ago they were probably the best for the price. And they can always be sent back to vortex if they go bad

rmr is easy to call a best pick and it is - but the price is, well... i would call a solar holosun 407c the best, as it is.
Im looking for another red dot or two, I might go with 2 of these instead of 1 rmr because of the price, I do really like the rmr I have now though

Im looking for another red dot or two, I might go with 2 of these instead of 1 rmr because of the price, I do really like the rmr I have now though
Depends what you’re using it for. I have Burris Fastfires on a couple of my .22 range toys.

I have Trijicon SROs on my primary competition gun and my pin gun.

I have RMRs on my defensive handgun and on its backup.

I don’t care if the range toys fail. Well, I do care but it’s not life-altering. I care a great deal if my defense guns fail. Trijicons aren’t cheap but they’re very reliable.

Do your research, buy the appropriate optic for your intended use.

SRO first shots/first impression: I love it so far, unfortunately, I wasn't able to use it in competition yet because my G34 wasn't running for crap. Brand new slide, completely dry - it would not return to battery with three different recoil spring an guide rod setups. Took it home and lubed the crap out of it and cycled it a million times. Have yet to retest it. Ran my G17 in IDPA yesterday (yes, I still suck).

Brand new slide, completely dry
so, why was it bone dry if it is brand new? wet it - it will get happy.

you need to lube it with good viscosity oil until it will get broken in and will work off the edges. shoot it with 147gr preferably first.
cycling by hand it pointless - it needs to eat off the edges from barrel and slide where it collides. if you know what to do - you can help it by filing that edge off gently, if you know where exactly and how much to take off.

so, why was it bone dry if it is brand new?
I slapped it together rather quickly and took it right to the range with the intent on shooting it in the match the next day. It was either going to run or it wasn't. I had already planned to shoot my G17 in that match, so having the G34 running would have just been a bonus.

Slide came in Friday. SRO and striker sleeve came in Saturday morning. At the range by lunch time Saturday afternoon.

I own two Trijicon RMRs and three Holosuns (two 508Ts and one 507K).

The RMRs are definitely brighter in daylight sun. The Holosun optics feel, to me, like they needed one or two adjustments brighter to be perfect. Most of the time, however, they're bright enough. YMMV.

As to durability...

The 508T I have on my 10mm lasted about 6 months before the brightness control buttons fell off the optic. Less than 250 rounds. Returned to Holosun with an RMA. I got a brand new optic in return. Turnaround time was 8 weeks. I have the other 508T on a 9mm SBR. ~500 rounds. No problems to report... yet.

The 507K I have on my P365XL didn't fair much better, unfortunately. The lens literally popped out from the lower portion of the optic after about 500 rounds or so. Returned to Holosun with an RMA. Turnaround time on that one was 7 weeks. They did send a new optic in return.

I've never had any problems with either RMR. I have an RM06 on my P320 and an RM09 as a backup sight on a rifle. The RM06 is "old" and has over 1K rounds on it. The RM09 is new, though. Not enough rounds to really judge durability.

I want to like Holosun, but my personal experiences have made me very wary. 3 is a very small sample size, but when they fail 67% of the time on you, you'll be hesitant, too. I wish Trijicon would innovate more and release updated products, but I can't complain about quality.
i want to LOVE Holosuns. i've had good luck with one of the t1 clones and the small pistol red dot on my carry gun is awesome. the larger pistol red dot that shares the RMR mount didn't work out for me 3 times. I gave in and got a few rmrs which have been flawless......the smaller site window is a mute point to me because I've trained my self to make it work.....I had a delta point pro as well-it flickered on my quite a bit...they could be better now.

Back
Top Bottom