ShotShow 2024

The AR platform technology is over 67 years old. Technology and design have moved on, but people are clinging to "America's rifle," just like with the 1911.
We like to make fun of Colt and consider Daniel Defense a top-notch manufacturer. Yet Colt took a chance on a new technology(AR-15) while DD is tuning an ancient platform and selling it for thousands of dollars more than it's worth.

Styer took a chance with Aug., and IWI took a chance with Tavor. I guess America is no longer the nation of risk-takers, gun designers, and innovators... Heck, even Turkey is taking our lunch with all these new designs.
Not a bullpup fan but others can enjoy them. I really like the part where you can change the Tavor from righty to lefty with a simple bolt change. Except there ain't any left hand bolts to be had so it has to be shipped to the factory service center for an additional cost of ?$400+?
Yeah I'll keep my 70 year old design thank you.

They should, at least, have picked one for the ad that didn't have a a wavy frame. Seems someone leaned into the polishing wheel a bit aggressively.
Kinda looks that way in the video as he holds it, doesn't it. I'm hoping that's not representative of the real production finish. 🤔

Last edited:
Not a bullpup fan but others can enjoy them. I really like the part where you can change the Tavor from righty to lefty with a simple bolt change. Except there ain't any left hand bolts to be had so it has to be shipped to the factory service center for an additional cost of ?$400+?
Yeah I'll keep my 70 year old design thank you.

Screw the Tavor. I hear they are a 4 MOA gun.
I get it, it is a battle rifle. All my WW2 battle rifles (Mausers) with beat up wooden stocks can do better than 4 MOA.

Why get something with proprietary junk when you can build an AR-15 in 9mm and have all that after market support and mags?

Maybe I am missing something.
The skorp mags are infinitely better and dirt cheap. Magpul makes a pmag too. They're real smg mags instead of stupid AR9 bullshit. (Imho glock mags don't belong in PCC/smg. )

AR9s suck there's nothing standardized about them.

Why get something with proprietary junk when you can build an AR-15 in 9mm and have all that after market support and mags?

Cause it looks cooler fitted properly to the magazine?

I’m in Mass so a PCC is going to be a half assed proposition anyway.

I would like a JP5, which has a roller delayed action like an MP5. That’s a proprietary system, but you are getting something in exchange — a much softer shooting PCC.

A straight blowback PCC that looks like an AR but isn’t due to proprietary parts is just stupid, IMO.

I would like a JP5, which has a roller delayed action like an MP5. That’s a proprietary system, but you are getting something in exchange — a much softer shooting PCC.

A straight blowback PCC that looks like an AR but isn’t due to proprietary parts is just stupid, IMO.

I wouldn’t say it’s stupid, just not exciting like a new delayed blowback or even piston PCC would have been. An AR9 using proper $20 double stack mags is a big plus, just could have been much cooler.

If it’s priced like an MPX they can F themselves. 😂

I wouldn’t say it’s stupid, just not exciting like a new delayed blowback or even piston PCC would have been. An AR9 using proper $20 double stack mags is a big plus, just could have been much cooler.

If it’s priced like an MPX they can F themselves. 😂
The mpx price was never its problem.

The fact that Sig has chosen to intentionally rape consumers on the mags is. You know lancer if not bound by contract could sell those things for $20 at retail.

PSA being douches aside, I gotta say I like the looks of the 308 JAKL. Probably won’t come out for 1.5 years though. Not being snarky, they said at a minimum 12 months and that’s if they choose to make this first compared to the other prototypes they brough.

Bonus that it sounds like it will work with most DPMS pattern AR10 lowers if you already have a lower.

IMG_9082.jpeg

Not really sure why another PCC is even worthy of mentioning at SHOT. I dig my CZ Scorpion SBR. It's not like 9mm is a particularly strong round to shoot even with direct blowback. I like the Sig PCC's, but they are pricey compared to the CZ and HK. My next PCC will probably be an HK USC 45 that I'll change to a UMP.

*Edit to say direct blowback may be a bigger issue with full auto, but I haven’t shot any PCC’s full auto. For us poor plebes that donMt have green cards and such, PCC semi auto direct blowback seems like a non issue

Last edited:
PSA being douches aside, I gotta say I like the looks of the 308 JAKL. Probably won’t come out for 1.5 years though.

View attachment 842533

Where did they get the ACR stock? I thought Magpul was done manufacturing them... if someone starts making them again, that alone will be useful to me since I'm running one on my HK G36 clone.

That thing looks like a .308 ACR.

Where did they get the ACR stock? I thought Magpul was done manufacturing them... if someone starts making them again, that alone will be useful to me since I'm running one on my HK G36 clone.

That thing looks like a .308 ACR.

It seems like PSA is making them. They’re available on the various JAKL rifles. Unfortunately it’s only in stock on complete rifles. Their build kits with it are out of stock…. for that stock.

To be fair, I do think the DD 9mm looks pretty good. But that’s about it.

Not really sure why another PCC is even worthy of mentioning at SHOT. I dig my CZ Scorpion SBR. It's not like 9mm is a particularly strong round to shoot even with direct blowback. I like the Sig PCC's, but they are pricey compared to the CZ and HK. My next PCC will probably be an HK USC 45 that I'll change to a UMP.

*Edit to say direct blowback may be a bigger issue with full auto, but I haven’t shot any PCC’s full auto. For us poor plebes that donMt have green cards and such, PCC semi auto direct blowback seems like a non issue
Roller locks are still better. 🤣 but i like my scorpion, too.

If you don't make it there can't be any demand. Idk what the total capacity of a flush fit full size mag would be for .30 Super, there's been speculation it could hold 25. If it can, that's incredible, I don't see how an 8mm with 9mm performance that holds 25 wouldn't sell decently enough when 5.7 has a niche that keeps generating sales.

Until that full size concept pistol for .30 comes about, there will never be any demand. If the best .30 Super can do is fit an extra 2 in a doublestack compared to 9mm, then it's a dead cartridge.
I think the bulk of the new announcements are done for shot. I didn't see a single company other than federal themselves release anything in 30sc. Nothing from ruger, colt, glock, sig, savage, on the handgun front.

I think the bulk of the new announcements are done for shot. I didn't see a single company other than federal themselves release anything in 30sc. Nothing from ruger, colt, glock, sig, savage, on the handgun front.
There was only one company I saw that is doing a .30 Super

Back
Top Bottom