Show me your carry rigs

I have the exact same watch and I love it. I have some more expensive watchs, but I have this one on almost all the time.

Such a Deal . . .

God Bless Dan the man (paul 14) for throwing in an excellent C.C. holster for zip, along with a great shooting and looking gun he sold me recently. The gun is a S&W 639 (that is the balls) it fits my hand perfectly and shot so accurate the first time out that you’d think I practiced for days. The holster is a Bianchi 717L. I didn’t think that it would be anything but uncomfortable carrying that rascal (first time ever carrying) but I was so wrong, it is very comfortable. The only time it was uncomfortable is when driving, that was mostly cured by adjusting it forward a tad. Thanks again Dan, I couldn’t be happier.
gunline.gif

DSCN2429-1.jpg

Last edited:
God Bless Dan the man (paul 14) for throwing in an excellent C.C. holster for zip, along with a great shooting and looking gun he sold my recently.
What's the watch? Not the quartz POS on the belt hook, but the real one - the mechanical one. Looks like a 16 or maybe 18 size American pocket watch.

And they call you the house grammarian, yet you shamelessly call someone else’s possession a “POS” . . . and without even placing a smiley at the end of the sentence, for SHAME dwarven1! [smile]

The watch in question “Illinois Watch Co.” 17 jewel, made in 1916, was dear old Dad’s. I don’t know the size, the face is 1 11/16” but I haven’t figured out the size chart for it. It might not have great monetary value but it has some truly deep sentimental value, remembering he and Mom bringing up a gaggle (8) of comic, adventurous nerve racking kids. He also had Elgin and Waltham pocket watches, the Waltham has disappeared I’m sorry to say. Even if Dad didn’t have any pocket watches I’d still be nuts over pocket watches, like some fine architecture we’ll never see the like again.

The Illinois Watch Co was the most successful of the Midwestern companies after Elgin. The company was founded in 1875 as a spin off from Elgin and was bought by Hamilton in 1922. Hamilton operated Illinois as a separate division and many of the most popular Illinois watches were actually Hamilton products.

And they call you the house grammarian, yet you shamelessly call someone else’s possession a “POS” . . . and without even placing a smiley at the end of the sentence, for SHAME dwarven1! [smile]

The watch in question “Illinois Watch Co.” 17 jewel, made in 1916, was dear old Dad’s. I don’t know the size, the face is 1 11/16” but I haven’t figured out the size chart for it. It might not have great monetary value but it has some truly deep sentimental value
I call ANY quartz movement watch a POS, even my own. Your Illinois is 92 years old, and if its been maintained it will be as accurate today as it was when it came out of the factory. It will also run for another 92 years, easily, as long as it's cleaned and oiled regularly. (OK, you may have to replace the mainspring every few decades or so). There is NO quartz movement that can make that kind of claim for longevity; the quartz crystal simply won't last that long.

If you PM me the serial number I can look up the size. American watches used a seriously archaic sizing system which doesn't actually go from the size of the dial but the size of the movement under the dial. Just judging from the picture I'm guessing it's a 16 size. BTW, if it's in good working order, it definitely does have value; Illinois watches were excellent watches. (I have a few, myself). Of course, since it was your father's, that kind of value cannot be calculated.

OOHHH...it's a pistol...I thought you were just happy. [smile]

Haha, I knew there would be some comments like that. I tried to get a better photo of the actual pistol, short of taking off my pants, but that the best I could do with the iPhone.

As for it being next to my goods, trust me, it doesn't affect em one bit. The tip of the barrel is down near the 4-corners of your pants, nowhere near the boys. And there is nothing to catch the trigger. I am 100% comfortable with it.

I've got 4 or 5 holsters, but this is one is *by far* my favorite for everyday use.

Haha, I knew there would be some comments like that. I tried to get a better photo of the actual pistol, short of taking off my pants, but that the best I could do with the iPhone.

As for it being next to my goods, trust me, it doesn't affect em one bit. The tip of the barrel is down near the 4-corners of your pants, nowhere near the boys. And there is nothing to catch the trigger. I am 100% comfortable with it.

I've got 4 or 5 holsters, but this is one is *by far* my favorite for everyday use.

Interesting scenery - I wasn't sure what I was looking for, but had fun figuring it out[grin]

Jon Green was demonstrating one last night at the Art of Concealed Carry class. Even though I was sure that he was wearing one, I had to stare to be sure... and yes, that was every bit as weird as you might think. [wink]

Got try out some nice gunleather, though... and I think I'm going to try and see if we can't make the "holster party" idea work out. I have two potential sites, so look for a new thread - a poll as to when we can hold it.

Jon Green was demonstrating one last night at the Art of Concealed Carry class. Even though I was sure that he was wearing one, I had to stare to be sure... and yes, that was every bit as weird as you might think. [wink]

So you're admitting you were meat gazing? [rofl]

No, I was trying to decide if he was wearing a SmartCarry. IIRC, he walked out wearing pants, a truly bright Hawaiian shirt and a GOAL fleece vest over that... and carrying 7 guns, two spare mags, a tacticool flashlight, pepper spray and a couple of small knives.

And then he challenged us to find all the guns.

both rigs.

2u8az48.jpg

2ezo02c.jpg

sory they are so big.
GLOCK 23 in smart carry and 2-13 round mags (one in the pipe) with 165 GR federal HST and MK-8 pepper spray.
anddd... GLOCK 23, PUNCH 3 pepper spray, safariland raptor holster, perless hinged cuffs, streamlight stinger, modnadnock autolock baton, 2 extra 13 round mags, American body armor level 2 with a hard plate on top of soft trauma plate.

Last edited:
My EDC

Here is my every day carry gear:
P5020037-1.jpg

Glock 21 (cut down to fit Glock 30 magazines) and two spare magazines.
S&W 642 with Crimson Trace laser grips.
Benchmade 550 SBT Griptilian.
Arclite Cuda
Streamlight TL-2 LED
Five spare rounds for the 642 on a Bianchi Speed Strip
Cellphone
Mini-Mag light (works good as a Kubaton too!)
Victorinox Huntsman SAK

The missing piece of gear is my wallet which was downstairs when I took the picture.

Andy who did the cut down for you? I have been considering getting something like that done with A 17 cut down to fit either 19 mags or 26 mags

lemonlime571,
It shoots just like it did before. Like a dream! I didn't notice any change in the way it shot from before. What I did notice was that it is easier to conceal as the grip is a little shorter. Also, to me the Model 30 magazines fit in my hand better when doing magazines changes. I can set the baseplate in my palm and still reach the bullet tip with my index finger. This was a little more difficult with the Model 21 magazines. YMMV.

45collector,
I do notice the front sight jumping around less than it did with my Model 30. More mass in the slide absorbs more recoil energy.

pmb44,
I cut down the frame myself. I took off the big pieces with a hacksaw, then shaped the tight corners with a dremel tool. For final fitting with the Model 30 magazines, I just shaved away a little bit at a time with my pocket knife. It was like carving soap!

Live Free, Andy

Last edited:
IMG00217.jpg

Thats my day to day, the wallet, car keys/lock box key/storage unit key, house key/bottle opener, G27 with 180g HST's and an Uncle Mikes IWB holster. My Black Berry is always with me too, but thats what I snapped this pic with.

I dont care what anyone says, for 11 bucks - I think the Uncle Mikes holster is damn comfy, thought I do plan on getting something I can easily re-holster with (c-tac or the like), I have no complaints about that little guy!

Back
Top Bottom