Show me your Sig 556

Ok, I'll bite. My SCM model...

sig556.jpg

What do you think of it? How much do you have into that set up?

PROS: It shoots anything I feed it, never jams, is VERY accurate, and easy to clean / maintain
CONS: It's heavy, and has more proprietary parts than I'd like

The base SCM was ~$1200 when I bought it.
I have about another $1200 worth of upgrades on it.

If you're trying to decide between a 556 and an AR, I would say wait for the 516 models to be released.

Here ya go

Here ya go (click the image for a larger picture):

EPP_7340.JPG

Not as nice as glide's but hey...this is what MA residents can buy out-of-the-box.

I am looking to sell 5 brand new dirctly from Sig Sauer 556 rifles at my cost. Combine that with the rebate and you have one heck of a deal. If interested please email me at [email protected] for the exact price of the model you are interested in. We are in NH so you will not pay any sales tax either. As of 1-29-10 all models are available.

Can I own one of those while being a Boston resident? The Boston assault rifle laws are kind of cryptic.

All I know about the Boston AWB is that if you didn't apply for an 'assault weapons' license during the 6 month period they were offered you cannot legally own one, but no one has ever been prosecuted under this law (to my knowledge). Try searching, or if that fails, call a lawyer.

A bad picture.. and YES I KNOW the mag is in backwards. I didn't want to mess up the pretty new leather couch.

IMG_2929.JPG

And now for the scary one: The pissed-off looking hippie dude with the gun:

IMG_3018.JPG

Don't piss off those hippies. You never know which ones AREN'T pacifists. [smile]

A bad picture.. and YES I KNOW the mag is in backwards. I didn't want to mess up the pretty new leather couch.

IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

Don't piss off those hippies. You never know which ones AREN'T pacifists. [smile]

Sweet!!

IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

Do you drive a van perchance?

Heh, I like it.

I'll have to keep an eye open for you there.

I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain we've met. I cut my hair a few months ago. I just couldn't stand fussing with long hair anymore. but I'm a dirty blonde with a beard, skinny with big ears and always when shooting, in the company of my lovely bride. Look forward to seeing you at HSC when it's a little warmer!

Maybe its just me, but I don't get the reasoning in spending that kind of cash on a rifle you can build for less $$ in a high end AR build.[thinking]

Blitz what are thinking about for optics/sights? Have you had a chance to fire it yet?

I have the red dot that came with it for now. I took the pic before I mounted it. I'll get something better eventually, I have a lot of learning to do, any suggestions are welcome.

Maybe its just me, but I don't get the reasoning in spending that kind of cash on a rifle you can build for less $$ in a high end AR build.[thinking]

After the rebate it's not much, just over 1K and I like the fact that it ISN'T an AR. Find a S&W M&P15 FT for that money. [rolleyes]

At the next shoot everybody except you can shoot it. [smile][wink][laugh][kiss]

First off, you can get a 556 with all these rebates for around these days 1K. I bought mine a while ago for $1,200. I think you'd be high pressed to find a true "high end" AR for less than 1K.

Personally I like ARs just fine. I own several (I just bought a Noveske upper that is in the mail right now), however I'm not married to the platform. I like the 556 for several reasons 1.) I think they are just plan super cool, I always wanted a 551 and it's almost like a dream that a similar rifle is actually available in the US 2.) I like pistons, I think they are super easy to clean and ultra reliable 3.) It's something different to shoot and cool new toy - but it takes any of my stockpiled pre-ban AR mags 4.) It's fun to have something that not everyone and their mother owns and to play around with ways to customize it to my tastes.

If I had to choice between owning an AR or an 556, I'd probably go AR. But, if the choice was 2 ARs or an AR and a 556, I'd go for variety. Then again, I like M1A and AK too. If done right, any of the major rifle platforms can be a ton of fun at the range and a reliable tool for the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom