Show me your Sig 556

With the $300 rebate on those 556's, it's a no brainer right now. Find a gas piston AR for that money and I'll call you a liar. I was so tempted to jump on that train, but I kept reminding myself that I pulled the trigger on a FS2K when FNH was doing their rebate.... that I got in the mail today. Fastest mail in rebate I've ever gotten, ever. Hopefully Sig is just as quick for you guys!

Nice toys, everyone. Thanks for sharing!

hey blitz, your rear sight is missing [wink]

thats probably the only thing i'm not liking. i do like the DMR model... [smile]

I'll be switching out the handguards, I think the swiss 551 style look worlds better.

I actually really like the basic handguards. No doubt the traditional look is more stylish, though. Are you going to re-finish/paint the receiver?

hey blitz, your rear sight is missing [wink]

thats probably the only thing i'm not liking. i do like the DMR model... [smile]

It's a pop up, it's just not popped up. The come with a red dot sight as well.

I actually really like the basic handguards. No doubt the traditional look is more stylish, though. Are you going to re-finish/paint the receiver?

No plans on painting it right now. I would love a folding stock but alas...

Does the 556 DMR come with a 1:10 barrel?

Yup 1 in 10.

Yeah...I've promised myself that I won't buy any "gimped" rifles as long as I'm a resident of Mass. Just gives me time to save up [grin]

Bah!

Yeah, it sucks that we can't get the full feature set but I also don't see the point in spending hundreds (possibly thousands) of dollars more to get a pre-ban rifle, assuming that's what you're talking about.

Bah!

Yeah, it sucks that we can't get the full feature set but I also don't see the point in spending hundreds (possibly thousands) of dollars more to get a pre-ban rifle, assuming that's what you're talking about.

Not exactly...I'm just hoping to earn Texas residency so that I can buy whatever I want. Otherwise, I agree...Nevermind that 556's will never be pre-ban. They sure are good lookin' rifles...At one of the NES shoots someone had one (maybe it was a Sig rep?) and the thing was an absolute joy to shoot.

The Sig556 is what happens when an AK47 marries an AR15... at first the AR15 wants the AK47 to act like it's same old self, but pretty soon it's taking all of the AR47's shit, soul, balls, and then starts putting popuri in the bathroom, taking down all of your scarface posters, making you watch her TV shows like The Bachelor instead of 24, and pretty soon you're just an AK47 with all of the AR15's fancy ass, girly shit.

[dance] do note, I want a sig556. And I love AR15's. That... makes me straight.

Last edited:
The Sig556 is what happens when an AK47 marries an AR15... at first the AR15 wants the AK47 to act like it's same old self, but pretty soon it's taking all of the AR47's shit, soul, balls, and then starts putting popuri in the bathroom, taking down all of your scarface posters, making you watch her TV shows like The Bachelor instead of 24, and pretty soon you're just an AK47 with all of the AR15's fancy ass, girly shit.

I really love what Sig has put out..it just seems they've cut a few corners (handguards, for instance) that unfortunately drag down the 556's reputation.

You're a closet Homo you should meet Zappa, I'll put together a dinner so you two can meet without it being like that. [laugh][wink]

I really love what Sig has put out..it just seems they've cut a few corners (handguards, for instance) that unfortunately drag down the 556's reputation.

You Too, Zappa likes the young guys, see above. [wink][laugh]

[devil]

sig5561.jpg

Last edited:

That's a joke there guys. I'm not calling anyone except Zappa a homo here. All in good fun.

and here I thought you were really going to set me up on a date... now I'm depressed [sad2][wink][rofl]

beutiful looking rifle. . . you did not waste any time getting that thing decked out. Holy sh*t[thumbsup]

That seems like a logical choice.... [thinking]

I was wondering that too. I guess some nipplehead at Sig decided that people would be more likely to use the DMR to shoot Woodchucks or Prarie dogs than targets or bad humans....

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom