Show me your Sig 556

and here I thought you were really going to set me up on a date... now I'm depressed [sad2][wink][rofl]

beutiful looking rifle. . . you did not waste any time getting that thing decked out. Holy sh*t[thumbsup]

That's not mine, I just posted that pic to get back on track. To much evil goodness for MA.

That's not mine, I just posted that pic to get back on track. To much evil goodness for MA.

I was just about to whine and bitch that there's WAY too much talking in this gallery thread, and nowhere near enough photos [smile]

(If I had a Sig 556 I'd post pics but I don't [sad2])

The day i brought it home:
32b1db07.jpg

Haven't done a thing to it, but would like to change the stock, not a fan of the paddle they attached to it.

The Sig556 is what happens when an AK47 marries an AR15... at first the AR15 wants the AK47 to act like it's same old self, but pretty soon it's taking all of the AR47's shit, soul, balls, and then starts putting popuri in the bathroom, taking down all of your scarface posters, making you watch her TV shows like The Bachelor instead of 24, and pretty soon you're just an AK47 with all of the AR15's fancy ass, girly shit.

[dance] do note, I want a sig556. And I love AR15's. That... makes me straight.

I am just curious what your therapist thinks about these feelings?

You're a closet Homo you should meet Zappa, I'll put together a dinner so you two can meet without it being like that. [laugh][wink]

You Too, Zappa likes the young guys, see above. [wink][laugh]

[devil]

sig5561.jpg

That is sweet. Is that the 552 furniture?

Took it to the range last weekend Very nice shooter. I need to work on my skills but this rifle is very nice. Zeroed the ACOG and made ok groups but the gun is capable of doing better. I was tagging the plastic bottles on the berm no problem at 125 yards. Kicks brass very far was sending halfway down the range. The factory mag is very tight when filled with ten cartridges. Had two jam on me. It was flawless with my pre-ban mags.

Modified SIG SCM CA Compliant

Hi Members;

I recently registered and would like to post my modified SIG SCM...

4808287766_ef1d921278_b.jpg

4828067791_7f69a0317c_b.jpg

4828071757_4fd7127139_b.jpg

Last edited:
Need advice...

My SIG SCM came with a metal 10 rd magazine and somehow I am getting a lot of misfed using .223 ammo 55gr PMC and American Eagle. I read a column that it might be the magazine so I got a used pmag 10rd 30 body mag to test this weekend. Anyone had the same issue?

Last edited:
The mag it came with is junk. Get yourself some colt mags and I use pmags. I have some Preban colt 30 rounds for sale if you wanted some.

The mag it came with is junk. Get yourself some colt mags and I use pmags. I have some Preban colt 30 rounds for sale if you wanted some.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, it is illegal here in CA to own 30...

Didn't have a chance yet to test my pmags...

Thinking of getting one, northshore has a deal for 970$ cash... great looking rifle and curious if everyone is happy with theirs?

Is the .516 MA legal?

Thinking of getting one, northshore has a deal for 970$ cash... great looking rifle and curious if everyone is happy with theirs?

Is the .516 MA legal?

According to the Sig website, they offer MA compliant models of the 516 Patrol rifle. I don't see any reason you couldn't order another one to be shipped to an FFL to have it neutered for compliance either.

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2293.jpg

Went with Ace ARFX-E but with the forward weight the balance was a little off as short as the stock is. Added a DPMS 1 inch extender and Daniel Defense Burnsed Loop Sling adaptor.

Give me a LOP of 13 inches (about the same as a Warsaw Pact length AK butt stock) and better balance. It is pretty solid so far.

DSCN2291.jpg

I played with the standard AR height BUIS combo...a Troy rear and Samson front. They were good but just too high for me.

I went with HK 416 height fixed set (I think troy micros are about the same height) and I am very happy with the cheek weld.

Sight height differences:
Sigrearsightcompare.jpg

Probably what's left is an FSC556 (deciding whether to stay at 16 inches or 14.5 barrel length), Vickers sling and a micro RDS (maybe Aimpoint Comp PRO but I am trying to watch weight)

Overall as it is now its 8 pounds and fairly well balanced.

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2293.jpg

Went with Ace ARFX-E but with the forward weight the balance was a little off as short as the stock is. Added a DPMS 1 inch extender and Daniel Defense Burnsed Loop Sling adaptor.

Give me a LOP of 13 inches (about the same as a Warsaw Pact length AK butt stock) and better balance. It is pretty solid so far.

DSCN2291.jpg

I played with the standard AR height BUIS combo...a Troy rear and Samson front. They were good but just too high for me.

I went with HK 416 height fixed set (I think troy micros are about the same height) and I am very happy with the cheek weld.

Sigrearsightcompare.jpg

Probably what's left is an FSC556 (deciding whether to stay at 16 inches or 14.5 barrel length), Vickers sling and a micro RDS (maybe Aimpoint Comp PRO but I am trying to watch weight)

That looks really good. Is that the 550 style hand guard?

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2293.jpg

Sweet!!

DSCN2291.jpg

Sigrearsightcompare.jpg

Sweet! I'm torn between that and the AK style.

Back
Top Bottom